• Please log in to reply
416 replies to this topic

#161 415

Rookie

• 51 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted July 09, 2013 - 10:11 PM

Good signing I would to see the title team back together..but they should be signing some wing players

#162 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,461 posts

Posted July 09, 2013 - 10:12 PM

what the hell is going on....lol

bw1wOGf.png

#163 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 09, 2013 - 10:14 PM

When the Lakers are quite things happen.

I'm sure they're investigating small forwards / wing players right now.

• 40,364 posts

Posted July 09, 2013 - 10:14 PM

what the hell is going on.

Marvin Gaye is rolling over in his grave

_http://www.youtube.c...h?v=y-5c5o85SGo

Anyone notice that Sasha has changed his twitter location to Los Angeles....

Raisins_Face.jpg

Edited by    , July 09, 2013 - 10:17 PM.

yo.

#165 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,066 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 09, 2013 - 10:17 PM

When the Lakers are quite things happen.

I'm sure they're investigating small forwards / wing players right now.

Real G's move in silence. Lol
Mitch is a G.. Hahaha
I agree with you fido.... Lakers are not rolling into this season with no SF...
I really dig how the Lakers keep everything on the hush when it comes to doing business. Hardly ever hear leaks when they do their business.
Posted Image

#166 415

Rookie

• 51 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted July 09, 2013 - 10:19 PM

Do you guys still buy that world peace is gone or is it steve blake now that they signed more guards?

#167 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,658 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 09, 2013 - 10:20 PM

A quick point

in 2011, when we failed to repeat, not only did the players change but the dynamic had shifted from the very FUn 2008 team.

gone were little brothers: Ariza,Sasha,Jordan and powell.

Some people, okay most people thought the mistakes these players made were hurting the team, and Blake,Barnes and Artest seemed like upgrades.

but here is the thing, Kobe can get on anyone, but to Sasha,Kobe was damn near a God. To Jordan, he was a big brother, one that JF wanted to compete with at times, but there was respect there and LOVE. Ariza was Kobe's little homie.

Now , when you factor in Bynum, there was a big little brother thing, where you talk about a sharp kid, who had tools, . Dwight was the  MAn previous, so instead of the CHIP on his shoulder that Bynum had, there was a slump in his shoulders from perceived lack of respect.

now, artest ,Barnes and Blake respected the hell of out Kobe.

i think Pau did not earn their respect in the same fashion. I think they respected Phil, but when you have been in the NBA 10+ years, you look at coaches differntly than young  guys.

So, the chemistry changed.

I think that everyone is coming for little $$4 which is a good sign. 

Kaman is the kind of guy that fits in most locker rooms. He is the guy who you laugh at, but still respect because he has some skill.

I think if you haveLo-Kobe-Pau...there is a certain chemistry that will unleash. Meeks looks up to Kobe and all of the vets, he is very similar to Sasha. I don't think we need Sasha per se.

If we get Nick young, we might win the title. I'm not joking and this isn't rose colored glasses.

i think this is oneof those years where the title is up for grabs. I think Indy is too young, I think the Clippers are in a position where they have higher expectations than what i see from that roster. Especially defensively.

Don't think San An makes it back.

i just think, this is a weird type year, where Miami is tired and indy is young, but anyway

first thing is first. Sign Nick Young and any brewer, and look out

#168 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,226 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted July 09, 2013 - 10:20 PM

Doesn't make sense to amnesty Blake. He was actually productive last season.

Posted Image

#169 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,226 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted July 09, 2013 - 10:22 PM

A quick point

in 2011, when we failed to repeat, not only did the players change but the dynamic had shifted from the very FUn 2008 team.

gone were little brothers: Ariza,Sasha,Jordan and powell.

Some people, okay most people thought the mistakes these players made were hurting the team, and Blake,Barnes and Artest seemed like upgrades.

but here is the thing, Kobe can get on anyone, but to Sasha,Kobe was damn near a God. To Jordan, he was a big brother, one that JF wanted to compete with at times, but there was respect there and LOVE. Ariza was Kobe's little homie.

Now , when you factor in Bynum, there was a big little brother thing, where you talk about a sharp kid, who had tools, . Dwight was the  MAn previous, so instead of the CHIP on his shoulder that Bynum had, there was a slump in his shoulders from perceived lack of respect.

now, artest ,Barnes and Blake respected the hell of out Kobe.

i think Pau did not earn their respect in the same fashion. I think they respected Phil, but when you have been in the NBA 10+ years, you look at coaches differntly than young  guys.

So, the chemistry changed.

I think that everyone is coming for little $$4 which is a good sign. 

Kaman is the kind of guy that fits in most locker rooms. He is the guy who you laugh at, but still respect because he has some skill.

I think if you haveLo-Kobe-Pau...there is a certain chemistry that will unleash. Meeks looks up to Kobe and all of the vets, he is very similar to Sasha. I don't think we need Sasha per se.

If we get Nick young, we might win the title. I'm not joking and this isn't rose colored glasses.

i think this is oneof those years where the title is up for grabs. I think Indy is too young, I think the Clippers are in a position where they have higher expectations than what i see from that roster. Especially defensively.

Don't think San An makes it back.

i just think, this is a weird type year, where Miami is tired and indy is young, but anyway

first thing is first. Sign Nick Young and any brewer, and look out

I was gonna like your post, but then you said the Lakers might win the title. Dunno about that one.

Posted Image

• 40,364 posts

Posted July 09, 2013 - 10:25 PM

tumblr_m3rjeom7P01ro2qi2.gif

yo.

#171 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,658 posts

Posted July 09, 2013 - 10:33 PM

I get why people are afraid to think we are going to win. We lost Dwight, Kobe may never be the same.

i just think Kobe doesn't have to be as good as he was last year.

if Nash,Pau and kaman can STAY healthy and play well as high IQ veteran type of players, I think we can be sorta like the Spurs, with Kobe just being smart enough to put everyone in the right position.

And then Nick young under Kobe. Firstly, he can keep Kobe's minutes down, but as a good spot up shooter, you have to respect his jumper.

Between Nash,Blake,Meeks and a Nick young, we could give Pau room to operate, and with a Brewer and lamar, we would have a diverse, 2011 Mavs type team in alot of ways.

It's just seems like an appropriate sports story

#172 wvlaker

wvlaker

Rookie

• 85 posts
  • Fan Since:8 years old
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=I7arI8VlR10

#173 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,096 posts

iBHEUXxa44vji.gif

hR3rI.png

• 40,364 posts

Posted July 09, 2013 - 10:38 PM

yo.

#175 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,658 posts

Posted July 09, 2013 - 10:38 PM

Great gifs, and I understand I was going out on a limb. i just think, this is a year where a non-dynastic team wins a title.

I think it would be dumb for any lakers fan to doubt Kobe. guy put up All_star numbers playing INJURED

this is all about rehab

And if Dominique , who was younger , but in a more distant era of less medical advances, can average 30 the year after, i thin Kobe can still get guys open shots, which has been his greatest strength from day one. His scoring will always be secondary to that in my opinion.

I never care about Kobe's FG%, because he gets Pau wide open mid range jumpers, and he gets Meeks open 3s and whomever else in on the team, open looks, so 

just watch out

#176 GO24Seven

GO24Seven

Rookie

• 475 posts
  • Name:Gilbert
  • Fan Since:Born A LAKER
  • Fav. Laker:ANY 1 IN the Purple & Gold

Posted July 09, 2013 - 10:41 PM

nickyoungpyrex.png

#177 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,260 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 09, 2013 - 10:44 PM

I WANT NICK YOUNG!

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#178 Julien

Julien

Rookie

• 963 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 09, 2013 - 10:49 PM

That's what the second unit brings!

• 40,364 posts

Posted July 09, 2013 - 10:49 PM

http://espn.go.com/b...with-nick-young

AK: Can you talk about how Jordan Farmar helped you with the SAT?

NY: It really started because me and Jordan played on the same traveling team, Pump n' Run, and our relationship really gained a little bit from there. Once I started hearing his name, I guess you started hearing mine, because we was in rival schools. So we always had a little trash talking here and there.

One day, he sent me, like, Christmas. I got a package from Jordan Farmar and I was shocked. It was some SAT books, something he told me to study on. He used them. They worked for him. And he had a note that said you need this opportunity because you're a great player and a great person. Anything I can do, I want to help and I want you to take full advantage of it. And the letter blew me away, because it's another player in high school sending me something like that. I gained the most respect for him and from there on, we've stayed the best of friends.

But I couldn't go to UCLA. (laughs) We had to stay that rivalry.

FULL ARTICLE inside link.

Also talks about how he used to ball with former Laker Cedric Ceballos as a teen in there.

yo.

#180 wvlaker

wvlaker

Rookie

• 85 posts
  • Fan Since:8 years old
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 09, 2013 - 10:51 PM

What about Josh Powell? He won back to back with us. We need him back as well. He averaged 5.1 PPG overseas last year. He'd probably be good for at least 1 PPG in the NBA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users