Photo

Lakers sign Jordan Farmar

• Please log in to reply
416 replies to this topic

• 40,385 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 09:38 PM

Dave Miller talks about what he expects from Farmar this season:

Edited by    , July 21, 2013 - 09:40 PM.

yo.

#402 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,698 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted July 21, 2013 - 09:41 PM

Haha classic Windu negativity!

2div

#403 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 21, 2013 - 09:42 PM

The improvement?Wow ok.

In his last season with LA he shot 44% 7.2PPG. Not a horrible percentage for a PG but he has increase it to 47% in his last season in the NBA and he actually shot 2 less shots per game that season. 

His 3P% was a decent 38%. Also not bad but he has increased it to 44% while shoot about a half a shot more than his last season in LA. So statistically he is defiantly shooting much better. 

Also you talk of his stats being pedestrian now but apparently thats also means he's garbage? So what is it, is he average player or is he garbage. Ill tell you right now and average bench PG doesn't shoot 44% from the 3 and have a 47FG% on 10 points per game. 

Ramon Sessions I think is a great example of an average PG in the league. He shoots about 41%Fg and 31 3P% on 14.4 PPG with 4 APG.  Farmar easily trumps those stats. Especially when Sessions was averaging 27 MPG while Farmar was only getting 21. 

You keep bringing up things from his early seasons. So now every NBA player is only a good as he is in his rookie season. 

Also the notion that he was average to below average on the nets is laughable. There were only 5 players with significant minutes who had better FG% than him and they were all big men who shoot close except for Green. So compared to all the guards he was shooting by far the best. 

Again you are bringing nothing but blind hate to a player who obviously is getting better and is only 26 years old. This isn't some 30+ veteran who's getting worse every year, its a still young player who has yet to even reach his prime. 

.435 from the FIELD is not impressive for any position let alone a POINT GUARD. There's impact from this guy if you count negative impact as something this team needs. 

In his years in LA, he shot 42, 46, 39, and 44 from the field. That's 43% from the field for his career in LA.  :help:

36% from deep in his years here. I guess that's the one "positive" Farmar fans can hold onto. Pedestrian, garbage, average...whatever, I was trying to be nice. That short season with NJ/Brooklyn? Is that what you're hanging your hat on...really?

I'm bringing up stats from his ENTIRE career and you're only focusing on one insignificant season with the Nets.

His age is of no concern to me because he's been in the league for six seasons and has never been nothing more than average (being nice again)

Edited by Windu, July 21, 2013 - 09:42 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#404 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 09:48 PM

Haha classic Windu negativity!

Don't blame me for the negativity! Blame the front office for it's decisions!

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,385 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 09:54 PM

Take the apostrophe out and you're good.

c240x134_32.jpg

yo.

#406 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 09:55 PM

And don't even get me started on his postseason numbers. Yikes

Pau Gasol is GONE

#407 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,530 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted July 21, 2013 - 10:04 PM

.435 from the FIELD is not impressive for any position let alone a POINT GUARD. There's impact from this guy if you count negative impact as something this team needs. 

In his years in LA, he shot 42, 46, 39, and 44 from the field. That's 43% from the field for his career in LA.  :help:

36% from deep in his years here. I guess that's the one "positive" Farmar fans can hold onto. Pedestrian, garbage, average...whatever, I was trying to be nice. That short season with NJ/Brooklyn? Is that what you're hanging your hat on...really?

I'm bringing up stats from his ENTIRE career and you're only focusing on one insignificant season with the Nets.

His age is of no concern to me because he's been in the league for six seasons and has never been nothing more than average (being nice again)

Im holding on to one year? lol

Im bringing up the only stats that should matter. The stats from his last season. You are bringing up stats from earlier in his career. You just can't get over the fact that he's a better player. Also whats this about only 40 games. How is 40 games a bad estimate of a player? Thats half a regular season. Thats plenty of time to get real stats of a player.  

Your only argument is his previous seasons to his most current season in which he showed he had dramatic improvement on a team in which he got to actually be a PG in a more PG friendly offense. There were no above average PG's in the Triangle. It hates PG's. Farmar had not chance so be good in it. No one has. Fisher was a prime example of an average PG which worked well in the triangle offense. 

Your only argument this whole time is "He's garbage". You ignore the fact that he had a great last season on the nets. Yes great. we would be very lucky to get a player to produce the same stats he did in Brooklyn that last season here. 

Your standards of a back up PG are far too high. I don't think in all the years the lakers have been around we have had a back up PG that you think would be fitting. Basically for a bench PG to not be garbage he has to average at least 45% shoot above 40% form the 3 while shooting way more than just 3 3's per game. And this being from the start of his career. 

Hell if I saw a player playing like that on day one of his NBA season that guy would be a starter. Yet you act like bench PG's are garbage unless they are putting up stats like that.

Your expectations are ridiculous and unjustified.  

#408 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,530 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted July 21, 2013 - 10:07 PM

Also windu you act like this move will hurt us for years to come. He's getting league min in a throw away season. Its a extremely low risk and high reward sign. 

#409 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 10:24 PM

Im bringing up the only stats that should matter. The stats from his last season. You are bringing up stats from earlier in his career. You just can't get over the fact that he's a better player. Also whats this about only 40 games. How is 40 games a bad estimate of a player? Thats half a regular season. Thats plenty of time to get real stats of a player.  

Your only argument is his previous seasons to his most current season in which he showed he had dramatic improvement on a team in which he got to actually be a PG in a more PG friendly offense. There were no above average PG's in the Triangle. It hates PG's. Farmar had not chance so be good in it. No one has. Fisher was a prime example of an average PG which worked well in the triangle offense. 

Your only argument this whole time is "He's garbage". You ignore the fact that he had a great last season on the nets. Yes great. we would be very lucky to get a player to produce the same stats he did in Brooklyn that last season here. 

Your standards of a back up PG are far too high. I don't think in all the years the lakers have been around we have had a back up PG that you think would be fitting. Basically for a bench PG to not be garbage he has to average at least 45% shoot above 40% form the 3 while shooting way more than just 3 3's per game. And this being from the start of his career. 

Hell if I saw a player playing like that on day one of his NBA season that guy would be a starter. Yet you act like bench PG's are garbage unless they are putting up stats like that.

Your expectations are ridiculous and unjustified.  

Im bringing up the only stats that should matter. The stats from his last season.

So yeh.

When you're determining what a player is, are you more comfortable judging him from 5 previous seasons or just that one lone anomaly? 

Let's look at something like say...the 73 games he played in his first season with the Nets. Sexy production right right right?

My argument is that he sucks and here's why: Can't shoot, can't defend, bad handles, bad decision maker, etc. He's been on the team before and we're not missing anything (same thing goes for Sasha Vujacic). In his most current season, he only averaged 3 APG...is that the "dramatic improvement" you speak of? Is that the "he got to be a PG in a more PG friendly offense" you speak of? I'm not impressed...in fact, I'm disgusted.

Spare me the exaggerations. 

Let's look at it this way: Who's available out there at the backup PG spot? Was Farmar the last guy left to take or something? My standards are the same as they've always been: WIN. I don't feel like Farmar is going to help us do that...especially not with a head coach like Mike D'Antoni. 

Pau Gasol is GONE

#410 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 10:26 PM

Also 

Pau Gasol is GONE

#411 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,100 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 11:46 PM

haters gonna hate.

#412 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,698 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted July 22, 2013 - 11:07 AM

I'm not blaming anybody

He's an average NBA talent well suited to our dumb ass coach's system that we got for a below average salary

Now if he was getting paid more then that mini, I would be looking for somebody to blame

Edited by androsays, July 22, 2013 - 11:08 AM.

2div

#413 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,741 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 22, 2013 - 11:23 AM

U do realize that the point guard SHOULD have the lowest percentage given his size.

If you are mostly a spot up shooter on your team, anything above 40% is more than solid.

I just think you have little respect for athletes. Jordan Farmar has done a ton of winning in his life and on the court, to say he SUCKS would be disrespectful to every player.

He's a solid bench pg, off his past merits, if he has improved, he can be a better version of what we saw from Blake last year. A quicker version for sure, with a more dynamic game.

Blake played great in some high leverage games that got us in the playoffs last season so people are very high on him. His entire tenure however has not been as great

• 40,385 posts

Posted July 22, 2013 - 12:19 PM

Also 

You posted that twice already. I don't think people missed it the first time.

yo.

#415 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts

Posted July 22, 2013 - 02:18 PM

I'm not blaming anybody

He's an average NBA talent well suited to our dumb ass coach's system that we got for a below average salary

Now if he was getting paid more then that mini, I would be looking for somebody to blame

fair enough

Pau Gasol is GONE

#416 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts

Posted July 22, 2013 - 02:19 PM

U do realize that the point guard SHOULD have the lowest percentage given his size.

:eh:

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,385 posts

Posted July 28, 2013 - 08:51 PM

Edited by    , July 28, 2013 - 08:51 PM.

yo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users