416 replies to this topic

#381 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted July 21, 2013 - 08:13 PM

Really? Gotten better? lol

He went to NJ/Brooklyn and got off a few more shots with a few more minutes but his FG% was still TRASH. He can't even get to the FT line because he doesn't have point guard penetration skills and his handles are wack. 

I'm basing this off of what he was in LA: TRASH and what he is now: TRASH

A bench PG averaging 10/3 on 47% FG and 44 % 3P is trash? Come on man. This is just blind hate now with no justification. 

#382 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,189 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 21, 2013 - 08:32 PM

he shot 54% in Turkey and his goal is to become a 50/40/90 player like Nash who better to learn from?

The trio of him Blake and Nash all helping each other should help.  Look what Nash and Blake helping each other last season did?   Blake had his best season as a Laker and Nash at the end of the season started settling into his off-ball role with Blake's help while Blake became a bit of a better point guard and a little more assertive off the dribble with Nash's help.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#383 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,199 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 21, 2013 - 08:41 PM

A bench PG averaging 10/3 on 47% FG and 44 % 3P is trash? Come on man. This is just blind hate now with no justification. 

That's right...the same mediocre production he's always provided. He shot 38% from deep his last year here in LA and he was still hot garbage.

You can shoot 44% from deep (only taking 3 per game mind you) but you can barely break that percentage from the field? Pleaseeeee

Pau Gasol is GONE

#384 TronVader

TronVader

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Name:Tron
  • Fan Since:Conception
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted July 21, 2013 - 08:44 PM

In defense of farmar, Windu, do you really forsee him taking more than 3 attempts per next season? I don't, in all honesty..

Imagine an strange child who's punching you and your expecting to beat that if you will get serious

Wut

• 40,604 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 08:45 PM

Smh Windu. Give it up already.

StarTrekFacePalm.gif

yo.

#386 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,199 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 08:48 PM

In defense of farmar, Windu, do you really forsee him taking more than 3 attempts per next season? I don't, in all honesty..

With MDA as head coach? Farmar may have a career high in 3PA

Pau Gasol is GONE

#387 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,199 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 08:49 PM

Smh Windu. Give it up already.

StarTrekFacePalm.gif

Great argument

Pau Gasol is GONE

#388 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 08:52 PM

That's right...the same mediocre production he's always provided. He shot 38% from deep his last year here in LA and he was still hot garbage.

You can shoot 44% from deep (only taking 3 per game mind you) but you can barely break that percentage from the field? Pleaseeeee

You keep bringing up stats from 3 years ago. You act like its impossible for players to get better. Also he's a bench pg. How many 3's is he suppose to take, 5?

Also you totally ignored the fact that he shot 47%FG while averaging 10 PPG. Thats very good for a bench point guard. Especially on a team that season who was nearly dead last in the standings. 

Are you gonna now say 8 FG attempts per game isn't enough as well?

Edited by bigfetz, July 21, 2013 - 08:53 PM.

• 40,604 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 08:57 PM

Great argument

Not necessary when more than what's needed to be said on the matter has already been said & yet you & your overinflated ego & pride drive you to continue blabbering on with your blind hate and no legitimate justification.

yo.

#390 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,199 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 08:59 PM

You keep bringing up stats from 3 years ago. You act like its impossible for players to get better. Also he's a bench pg. How many 3's is he suppose to take, 5?

Also you totally ignored the fact that he shot 47%FG while averaging 10 PPG. Thats very good for a bench point guard. Especially on a team that season who was nearly dead last in the standings. 

Are you gonna now say 8 FG attempts per game isn't enough as well?

No, I'm looking at ALL of his stats are they are quite simply pedestrian at best. Last season in NJ/Brooklyn, he played in nearly 40 games...big [expletive]ing whoop. Farmar been in the league since '06/'07 and he's still garbage...where's the improvement??? Average to below average in LA and the same thing in NJ/Brooklyn. 

Pau Gasol is GONE

#391 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,199 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 09:00 PM

Not necessary when more than what's needed to be said on the matter has already been said & yet you & your overinflated ego & pride drive you to continue blabbering on with your blind hate and no legitimate justification.

You haven't said [expletive] to support your position. 

Edited by Windu, July 21, 2013 - 09:00 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#392 8RingKobe

8RingKobe

Rookie

• 725 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted July 21, 2013 - 09:07 PM

How can you say that's trash lol?

• 40,604 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 09:09 PM

What do I or can I really say that hasn't been said already? Just look at the stats and the videos. It's all backed up. He's just not the same player you wish he was when he was here. He's improved immensely in his game as well as maturity. It's really simple. Again, your blind hate & too much pride just aren't letting you see this. You're simply arguing to argue at this point. All you do is continue to lose credibility with people seeing this and some even clowning on you. Sometimes humility in life is the best thing.

yo.

#394 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,246 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 09:10 PM

You guys are acting as if we are a championship team and Farmar is the missing piece. He's on a one year deal. He will prove based on his performance if he has improved or not.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#395 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,922 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted July 21, 2013 - 09:15 PM

And? He only took three per game which is right at his career number.

Mike D'Antoni will love him I'm sure.

This is a faulty argument. Larry Bird never attempted more then 3.3 3pts/game in a season, but his 3 point shooting prowess has never been questioned (and it would be foolish to do so).

Shot selection is an important part of the game, knowing your spots (where you shoot 44%) is a great trait to have, and in Farmar's case, can be indicative of increased patience on the offensive end.

Edited by androsays, July 21, 2013 - 09:16 PM.

2div

#396 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 09:22 PM

No, I'm looking at ALL of his stats are they are quite simply pedestrian at best. Last season in NJ/Brooklyn, he played in nearly 40 games...big [expletive]ing whoop. Farmar been in the league since '06/'07 and he's still garbage...where's the improvement??? Average to below average in LA and the same thing in NJ/Brooklyn. 

The improvement?Wow ok.

In his last season with LA he shot 44% 7.2PPG. Not a horrible percentage for a PG but he has increase it to 47% in his last season in the NBA and he actually shot 2 less shots per game that season. 

His 3P% was a decent 38%. Also not bad but he has increased it to 44% while shoot about a half a shot more than his last season in LA. So statistically he is defiantly shooting much better. 

Also you talk of his stats being pedestrian now but apparently thats also means he's garbage? So what is it, is he average player or is he garbage. Ill tell you right now and average bench PG doesn't shoot 44% from the 3 and have a 47FG% on 10 points per game. 

Ramon Sessions I think is a great example of an average PG in the league. He shoots about 41%Fg and 31 3P% on 14.4 PPG with 4 APG.  Farmar easily trumps those stats. Especially when Sessions was averaging 27 MPG while Farmar was only getting 21. 

You keep bringing up things from his early seasons. So now every NBA player is only a good as he is in his rookie season. 

Also the notion that he was average to below average on the nets is laughable. There were only 5 players with significant minutes who had better FG% than him and they were all big men who shoot close except for Green. So compared to all the guards he was shooting by far the best. 

Again you are bringing nothing but blind hate to a player who obviously is getting better and is only 26 years old. This isn't some 30+ veteran who's getting worse every year, its a still young player who has yet to even reach his prime. 

#397 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 09:24 PM

You guys are acting as if we are a championship team and Farmar is the missing piece. He's on a one year deal. He will prove based on his performance if he has improved or not.

Who's acting like that? I haven't seen one person say something like that yet. If you looks at my posts lately I am quite the opposite. I have extremely low expectations of this season but that doesn't mean individual players won't do well. This season is all about find some light and hopefully getting one or two of the young guys we signed to end up being good. 

• 40,604 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 09:26 PM

Who's acting like that? I haven't seen one person say something like that yet.

I don't see where he gets that from either other than BasketballIQ saying we'll win the championship if we get Nick Young, but that's on him.

yo.

#399 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,199 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 09:30 PM

This is a faulty argument. Larry Bird...

Stopped at Bird

Pau Gasol is GONE

#400 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,567 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted July 21, 2013 - 09:38 PM

Nash and Blake
And
Farmar and Blake are two different things