63 replies to this topic

#41 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 02, 2013 - 02:32 AM

Smooth move by the Knicks, also.  Move Melo back out of the four, bring in a guy who will be more of a liability than anything else, and cross all fingers for it to work.

I'm so damn glad the Lakers didn't end up with Bargnani, through some Gasol trade.  That would have ruined every season he played for us.

#42 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,978 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 02, 2013 - 03:01 AM

Incarcerated Bob is not worth anyone's time.  Beck reported that well before him, and he jumps on it and will either let others assume he's the guy to break the news by not answering when asked, or he'll simply take credit for it.  He has also made up plenty of rumors, over time, that held absolutely no weight whatsoever...just to get a few extra followers.

What do you think of this move?  Bargnani to the knicks to be their main 4 instead of carmelo who is moved back to the 3.

We basically have just moved Carmelo back out of the 4 spot where he's best for Bargnani, and Stoudamire :laughing:

Smooth move by the Knicks, also.  Move Melo back out of the four, bring in a guy who will be more of a liability than anything else, and cross all fingers for it to work.

I'm so damn glad the Lakers didn't end up with Bargnani, through some Gasol trade.  That would have ruined every season he played for us.

Answered my question =P 

I think Carmelo is with us in 2014 should Dwight re-sign with us.  

I don't think he'll ever desire to be the "do everything" Carmelo after THIS year.

I said give him one more year carrying that team and he'll be begging Kobe to teach him the right way to play on this team.

Now that they got Bargnani, it wouldn't surprise me if Carmelo asks for a trade mid season after carrying all that.

Edited by Majesty, July 02, 2013 - 03:03 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#43 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,698 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted July 02, 2013 - 06:50 AM

The Knicks gotta be seeing something in Bargnani that we can't.  This just makes no sense to me.

#44 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Zankyou no Terror

• 8,411 posts

Posted July 02, 2013 - 10:41 AM

The Knicks gotta be seeing something in Bargnani that we can't. This just makes no sense to me.

They're seeing a perfect sponsor for pasta.

MMiRi9s.png

#45 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted July 02, 2013 - 10:48 AM

I really don't want Carmelo, either.  A Dwight/Melo duo wouldn't fit well together, and I still have a bit of hatred for Melo after he beat my Jayhawks in 2003, anyway...although, that aside, I just don't care much for him as a franchise player.

#46 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,041 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted July 02, 2013 - 11:42 AM

I think Melo's problems came from him playing with A'mare more than playing at SF. I don't see why he would struggle because of playing at a position he's played at nearly his entire career.

I think getting rid of A'mare would be a really big help to the Knicks all around. They made a huge mistake using their amnesty on Billups. It's probably impossible now, even though we've seen some bad contracts moved. At least Joe Johnson can stay healthy and can still perform. A'mare's contract is also uninsured.

Edited by Japago, July 02, 2013 - 11:42 AM.

Posted Image

#47 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,978 posts

Posted July 02, 2013 - 03:31 PM

I really don't want Carmelo, either.  A Dwight/Melo duo wouldn't fit well together, and I still have a bit of hatred for Melo after he beat my Jayhawks in 2003, anyway...although, that aside, I just don't care much for him as a franchise player.

i don't think he'd be the franchise player.

I think Dwight would still be(if he remained)

I think having him as our 2nd scorer behind Kobe would work well. 

I think we'd do fine with Carmelo as long as Kobe was here

having a starting lineup of Kobe, Carmelo and Dwight I think could do damage as Carmelo would significantly improve our wing scoring while also being one of the best scorers in the game. 

The defensive attention Kobe and Dwight would demand would get Carmelo a lot of easy shots especially as he's not gonna be the guy asked to control the pace.

I think he can work in that scenario, and if Kobe really intends on staying for 2 or 3 more years trying to surpass Jordan in rings, I think Carmelo is a nice fit as long as Kobe is here too.  Not as a team leader, but as a second scorer which would play to his strengths extremely, we saw how much damage Carmelo was able to do in the Olympics when he was able to play off ball and wait in the weeds for the offense to come to him rather than trying to create everything and carry a team.

Phil has already told Carmelo a book he should read that he had Jordan read so he's already recruiting :laughing:

IN OTHER KNICKS NEWS

They are looking to add Elton Brand :D

Edited by Majesty, July 02, 2013 - 03:36 PM.

#48 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted July 02, 2013 - 09:31 PM

Of course, but good luck convincing Melo he's not a franchise player.

#49 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,978 posts

Posted July 02, 2013 - 09:51 PM

Of course, but good luck convincing Melo he's not a franchise player.

That's why having Kobe is vital :dance:

1466656.jpg

• 40,373 posts

Posted July 31, 2013 - 11:14 PM

Carmelo Says Andrea Bargnani Trade Was A ‘Steal’ For Knicks

“I’ve been staying under the radar,” Anthony told ESPN.com while in Las Vegas coaching his Team Melo summer program. “I let them do what they do. We got [Metta World Peace], and I think [Andrea] Bargnani was really a steal for us. He’ll help us spread the floor. We got J.R. [Smith] back and we kept the core guys together.”

FULL ARTICLE inside link.

yo.

#51 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,978 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 04:43 PM

Carmelo Says Andrea Bargnani Trade Was A ‘Steal’ For Knicks

“I’ve been staying under the radar,” Anthony told ESPN.com while in Las Vegas coaching his Team Melo summer program. “I let them do what they do. We got [Metta World Peace], and I think [Andrea] Bargnani was really a steal for us. He’ll help us spread the floor. We got J.R. [Smith] back and we kept the core guys together.”

FULL ARTICLE inside link.

That way once Carmelo leaves no one can say it was the Bargnani trade

Carmelo ain't happy to be playing 3 again.  He's being politically correct or maybe he hopes Bargnani always being a stretch 4 means he can be in the post more.

#52 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,149 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted August 01, 2013 - 05:02 PM

Lol how did you get "Carmelo ain't happy" out of that article.

#53 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,978 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 05:06 PM

Lol how did you get "Carmelo ain't happy" out of that article.

3 is his worst position the way the Knicks are constructed and it removes him from the post. 

He's either being politically correct or he thinks that Bargnani is gonna always be on the perimeter thus allowing him to play in the post which is where he wants to be.  Simple as that really.

Edited by Majesty, August 01, 2013 - 05:07 PM.

#54 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,149 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 05:43 PM

He's been playing the three most of his career and he can still play in the post. Kobe plays in the post and he's a 2

#55 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,978 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 06:38 PM

He's been playing the three most of his career and he can still play in the post. Kobe plays in the post and he's a 2

He couldn't play in the post when Stoudamire is in and he played a majority of last year(his best season) as a 4 when Stoudamire was on the bench.

#56 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,149 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 07:11 PM

That is true. Melo is more efficient at the 4 and is more of a mismatch for most power forwards in the league. Too be honest I think the Knicks are better without amare.

Edited by MrKnowItAll, August 01, 2013 - 07:11 PM.

#57 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,446 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted August 02, 2013 - 06:50 AM

Melo is a great fit at the 4 if you have a great defensive C ala Chandler.  If he had to log minutes with Amare at the 5 they would get destroyed on defense and rebounding.

That is true. Melo is more efficient at the 4 and is more of a mismatch for most power forwards in the league. Too be honest I think the Knicks are better without amare.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#58 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,715 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 02, 2013 - 08:06 AM

Melo is a great fit at the 4 if you have a great defensive C ala Chandler.  If he had to log minutes with Amare at the 5 they would get destroyed on defense and rebounding.

This

Though I think Amare,Melo and AB could play togther better  than Chandler, Amare and Melo

#59 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,446 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted August 02, 2013 - 10:08 AM

Negative man...I mean the Amare Melo 4 and 3 combo has already been proven bad.  Bargnani is in the same boat as Melo at the 4 except worse.  If you have AB, Stat and Melo on the floor at once I can almost guarantee you they will give up a record amount of rebounds and points in the paint. 

This

Though I think Amare,Melo and AB could play togther better  than Chandler, Amare and Melo

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#60 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,715 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 02, 2013 - 10:31 AM

Look at how the Heat's WACK frontcourt made Hibbert look like Ewing in the paint.

Band allowed Paul George to play better by just driving into NO resistance except the occasional Bosh.

It would essentially be the same. Offensively, though, Amare and  Barganani don't have to occupy the paint, whereas Chandler is useless offensively when there are multiple guys who want to be in the post

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users