47 replies to this topic

#41 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,222 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 01, 2013 - 08:45 AM

Its amazing how some fans think the organization itself somehow does these great things without the players themselves.  As if the Lakers are creating their own elite players in some secret factory.  Its also amazes me the "fake" apathy they have for it Dwight leaves as if it wont have any effect on the Lakers near future.  I mean if you are cool with waiting a decade possibly for another title shot by all means but look at LA history.  Magic was forced into retirement due to HIV in what 92? They didnt get Shaq and Kobe until 4 seasons later and didnt win a title til their 4th season together.  That was nearly a decade b/c they had NOTHING to reup with after Magic left.  D12 resigning is the perfect bridge to leaving the Kobe era and staying highly competitive. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#42 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 881 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 01, 2013 - 12:59 PM

TRYE ABD FAKSE.

We are CHAMPIONS only when we have SUPERSTARS.

One SUPERSTAR attracts MORE.

Without Dwight, we are not in position to WIN a title.

lakers FRANCHISE is based on the GREATNESS of guys like Kobe and West and Magic and the dominance of Kareem,Shaq,and Wilt, and the skill of Worthy,Pau,and Gail Goodrich.

thats it

Totally agree. Somehow some way we always find a way to get a superstar to build around. However if Dwight leaves it could take a while as I stated. Could be a year could be ten. I personally dont wont to lose Dwight as I have stated in other posts how important he is now and for the immediate future of this organization.

#43 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 881 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 01, 2013 - 01:05 PM

Its amazing how some fans think the organization itself somehow does these great things without the players themselves. As if the Lakers are creating their own elite players in some secret factory. Its also amazes me the "fake" apathy they have for it Dwight leaves as if it wont have any effect on the Lakers near future. I mean if you are cool with waiting a decade possibly for another title shot by all means but look at LA history. Magic was forced into retirement due to HIV in what 92? They didnt get Shaq and Kobe until 4 seasons later and didnt win a title til their 4th season together. That was nearly a decade b/c they had NOTHING to reup with after Magic left. D12 resigning is the perfect bridge to leaving the Kobe era and staying highly competitive.

Long term we will always find a way. Proven fact. Short term, we will need a lot of luck to pull off a contending team with Dwight leaving. Totally agree that Dwight transitions us immediately into a contender.

#44 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,222 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted July 01, 2013 - 01:18 PM

Long term of course LA will find a way but fans always think short term and we should.  Who the hell wants to wait a nearly a decade to be good again?  I sure dont.  So if D12 leaves it "isnt ok b/c we are the Lakers we will be good again in 2020"

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#45 Julien

Julien

Rookie

• 1,075 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime

Posted July 02, 2013 - 07:06 PM

Pau center, with Hill at 4 and we will need to land a good back up center...

#46 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 306 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted July 03, 2013 - 12:35 PM

True Centers are a rarity, and may be over-rated.  Most teams use what would have been a Center 10 years ago, as Forwards, and Forwards now play Center by Committee, a concept that Phil Jackson mastered in Chicago. 

So if he does not re-sign, its time to get a bunch of Forwards

#47 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,543 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 03, 2013 - 12:38 PM

Trade Pau for Josh Smith Via sign and trade.

Sign a few cheap free agents, then get Melo and Wall in 2014 (:

PIPEDREAMS

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#48 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,215 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted July 03, 2013 - 02:14 PM

Long term we will always find a way. Proven fact. Short term, we will need a lot of luck to pull off a contending team with Dwight leaving. Totally agree that Dwight transitions us immediately into a contender.

"Proven fact" under the LAST owner, no question.

Debbie Downer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users