#61 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,446 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 29, 2013 - 04:52 PM

I dont think this is some precursor to bringing in Phil

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#62 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 39,936 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 29, 2013 - 04:58 PM

Hire Phil. Make him assistant gm, owner, boss, whatever it takes.

You bring in Phil, you keep Dwight. Simple as that. Jim Buss, if there's something you should have learned under Dr Buss, is that putting egos aside, wins you championships. Phil's been a great philosopher on that and his resume is self explanatory.

Fire MDA

Phil's already here. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

• 40,548 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 05:07 PM

If only Lakers can take Dave Miller in the coaching staff as well.

We will then not have to hear him shout during Laker games.

Fixed.

I think guys are putting way too much thought into this.  Nothing wrong with having a diverse coaching staff.  If they can combine some elements and strengths of both philosophies then it can help the team a lot.

I don't see how Kurt and MDA could possibly work together without any constant bumping unless Phil & management allow Kurt to basically have more say than MDA without actually having the title thus in a sense making him his puppet.

yo.

#64 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,842 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 29, 2013 - 05:17 PM

LOL goodluck with this as long as MR.EGO (Mike D) is our coach no matter what how good assistant the lakers have, Lakers still suck because of his god damn EGO !

33bkfif.jpg

#65 Majesty

Majesty

• 39,936 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 05:21 PM

LOL goodluck with this as long as MR.EGO (Mike D) is our coach no matter what how good assistant the lakers have, Lakers still suck because of his god damn EGO !

Madsen is here, and Rambis could be coming.

Can we let go of the ego thing?  He let go of his system.  Rambis could be coming here, a very coach that is against everything he initially stood for.

D'antoni isn't letting ego get in the way of his JOB I think that was apparent otherwise he wouldn't have changed a thing or listened to the players, he'd kept trying to run his system and been fired.

People also need to let go of the Jim Buss ego thing because he let go of Bynum, he allows Phil to be there as a consultant and sit in on meetings, and the draft pick, Madsen as well as RAMBIS are Phil guys.    All that doesn't happen if he says no.  

So maybe they ARE compromising a bit, and it shouldn't be ignored.  Kudos to them for seeing the light.

Edited by Majesty, June 29, 2013 - 05:21 PM.

#66 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,553 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted June 29, 2013 - 05:39 PM

LOL I predicted this yesterday. I win.

Edited by Ham, June 29, 2013 - 05:39 PM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

• 40,548 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 05:43 PM

^ I think West Coast did too.

Here's a cookie for both of you, but you have to share.

Cookie.jpg

Also, sorry I took a bite out of it. I just couldn't resist.

Edited by    , June 29, 2013 - 05:51 PM.

yo.

#68 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted June 29, 2013 - 05:52 PM

You know its desperate times in LA when we get excited over the CHANCE of getting Kurt Rambis back hahahha. 

Laker fan for life.

• 40,548 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 05:55 PM

^ or put up a banner & billboards desperately begging a player to stay.

yo.

#70 Majesty

Majesty

• 39,936 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 06:08 PM

You know its desperate times in LA when we get excited over the CHANCE of getting Kurt Rambis back hahahha. 

And you know it's desperate for some fans to constantly hold onto negativity for bashing other fans for being excited over it.  

Whenever it's something negative it's the gospel truth but whenever it's something positive it's "lets wait and see" or "this MIGHT happen.. keyword MIGHT"

subtle :)

#71 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,291 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted June 29, 2013 - 06:10 PM

That's a nice looking cookie tbh.

EyMlHkX.jpg

• 40,548 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 06:13 PM

Some people just don't react as well to bad news. We're all different. Some of us even have different methods of how we prepare ourselves mentally for potential news good or bad. One could argue for some of those people who are so negative & pessimist, that it's simply a form of defense mechanism to minimize the potential disappointment.

yo.

#73 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 06:17 PM

And you know it's desperate for some fans to constantly hold onto negativity for bashing other fans for being excited over it.  

Whenever it's something negative it's the gospel truth but whenever it's something positive it's "lets wait and see" or "this MIGHT happen.. keyword MIGHT"

subtle :)

Lol, er im not bashing fans for being excited over it. Im just saying thats I find it "funny" that we are all getting excited over it because the Lakers have sucked so badly in terms positive news department. Way to take something the wrong way. 

Laker fan for life.

• 40,548 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 06:19 PM

Way to take something the wrong way. 

Nobody ever told him it's the wrong way.

yo.

#75 Majesty

Majesty

• 39,936 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 06:20 PM

Lol, er im not bashing fans for being excited over it. Im just saying thats I find it "funny" that we are all getting excited over it because the Lakers have sucked so badly in terms positive news department. Way to take something the wrong way. 

I get what you're saying, but getting excited over Kurt Rambis isn't a sign of "desperate times".

It's a sign that we're happy the front office is picking the right guy for the job and as far back as last year we have wanted the guy as an assistant.    There's nothing desperate about it, it's a smart business move we're getting behind just as one would bash a business move they wouldn't agree with imo.

Edited by Majesty, June 29, 2013 - 06:21 PM.

#76 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 06:23 PM

I get what you're saying, but getting excited over Kurt Rambis isn't a sign of "desperate times".

It's a sign that we're happy the front office is picking the right guy for the job and as far back as last year we have wanted the guy as an assistant.    There's nothing desperate about it, it's a smart business move we're getting behind just as one would bash a business move they wouldn't agree with imo.

You misunderstand me then. At the end of the day its just an "assistant coach" its not an impact player nor a head coach change. Thats what I mean as that we are desperate for some type of good news, to me this is still good news but its so small, why? Because: 

1. His not signed, its a rumour. 

2. If he is signed its just an assistant coach

3. MDA is not fired

4. The biggest problem is still our roster

Laker fan for life.

#77 Majesty

Majesty

• 39,936 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 06:25 PM

You misunderstand me then. At the end of the day its just an "assistant coach" its not an impact player nor a head coach change. Thats what I mean as that we are desperate for some type of good news, to me this is still good news but its so small, why? Because: 

1. His not signed, its a rumour. 

2. If he is signed its just an assistant coach

3. MDA is not fired

4. The biggest problem is still our roster

yeah but remember when it was said we'd wait to see what the defensive assistant would be?

Many people I think RD as well felt that Rambis would be an awesome defensive assistant for this team. 

So we're happy we're hearing his name over Gentry or McMillen or someone else we never heard of.

I think a lot of us stopped naming Rambis because we felt there was no way it'd happen.

But getting him as the assistant coach and defensive assistant is a HUGE step in the right direction in my opinion and it makes an impact with the team.  More so than any other pick would have.   I don't think it should be demoted to "just an assistant" after so much attention was put on who would be the new members of our staff.

If it was someone like Del Negro there'd be 20 posts about how they are ruining the franchise.  I think getting Rambis should deserve that amount of credit and at the very least he installs a WORKING defensive system and philosophy which is a heck of a lot better than we had last year :)

Edited by Majesty, June 29, 2013 - 06:26 PM.

#78 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 06:26 PM

yeah but remember when it was said we'd wait to see what the defensive assistant would be?

Many people I think RD as well felt that Rambis would be an awesome defensive assistant for this team. 

So we're happy we're hearing his name over Gentry or McMillen or someone else we never heard of.

I think a lot of us stopped naming Rambis because we felt there was no way it'd happen.

But getting him as the assistant coach and defensive assistant is a HUGE step in the right direction in my opinion and it makes an impact with the team.  More so than any other pick would have. 

I agree. Lets hope its true :) .. Lets also hope that it may be a sign for Phil to come haha. 

Laker fan for life.

#79 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,682 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted June 29, 2013 - 06:40 PM

Lakers wanna be a little more of a half court team. I wonder if Kurt is gonna have D'Antoni run some sets of the Triangle.

#80 Majesty

Majesty

• 39,936 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 07:38 PM

Inside footage of the team's pitch to Kurt: http://ow.ly/mvF4B  BK

:laughing:

0 user(s) are reading this topic