• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,933 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 29, 2013 - 11:01 AM

Lol two dudes who cant shoot or make free throws + aging Dirk. Recipe for disaster

http://www.boston.co...n&dlvrit=834396

The Dallas Mavericks, looking to make one final championship run in the Dirk Nowitzki era and looking for a lure to attract Dwight Howard, are interested in acquiring Rajon Rondo from the Celtics, according to an NBA source.

Rondo, who has two years left on his contract at a total of $25 million, is considered now the central cornerstone of the Celtics with Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett headed to the Brooklyn Nets. President of basketball operations Danny Ainge told reporters Thursday the club is planning to build around Rondo and he will not be traded.

When asked if he was comfortable with Rondo as the team's centerpiece, Ainge said: "Yes we are. There's guys we're not looking to move right now."

When asked if one of those players was Rondo, Ainge said: "Yeah."

That likely won't stop the Mavericks from inquiring about Rondo, who could be the distributor that could help return the club back into a Western Conference contender and someone who could attract Howard, a free agent, into signing with the Mavericks. Dallas is well under the salary cap, so it could absorb Rondo's contract but would likely want to send the Celtics Shawn Marion's expiring deal along with a younger player and a draft pick to make it attractive for Ainge.

The Mavericks also acquired former University of Miami point guard Shane Larkin, who could also be included in a deal. Larkin worked out twice with the Celtics.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#2 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,520 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 29, 2013 - 11:18 AM

Rondo and Dirk as your corner stones are very intriguing.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#3 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,806 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001

Posted June 29, 2013 - 11:23 AM

Rondo and dwights P&R would be pretty good with Dirk there. They would always go under the pick but with rondos speed and passing I could still see good things coming from it. Dallas is just trying to stay relevant.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#4 MidnightMarauder

MidnightMarauder

Off The Bench

• 1,471 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted June 29, 2013 - 11:27 AM

Rondo and Dwight would be quite a defensive tandem.

Meanwhile, the Lakers sit with their thumbs up their rear ends.

#5 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,174 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted June 29, 2013 - 11:39 AM

They are planning something. Just wait.

#6 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,387 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted June 29, 2013 - 11:42 AM

Rondo, Collison
Mayo?, Cunningham
Carter, Crowder
Dirk, Brand
Dwight, Kaman

Not sold on the bench. And they would have to bring Mayo back or find another wing player because I doubt he returns with Carlisle there.

That team can contend but it's contingent on the bench. Whichever Texas team lands Dwight will get their share of free agents and with Cuban running things, that makes it even more appealing.

With that said, this team features the 3 worst matchups for Miami. :laughing:

We all know what Dirk did to them. Doubt he can replicate that though. Dwight is a bad matchup for the Heat and Rondo consistently tears the Heat up, it's an interesting team.

They would need shooters however. A lot.
EAT
SLEEP
CONQUER
REPEAT

#7 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,520 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 11:44 AM

Why are you, as well as so many other Laker fans stating that the Lakers aren't doing anything???  I mean aside from firing MDA and finding a more suitable headcoach there isn't much the Lakers organization and front office can do.  They are and have to wait for Dwight's decision before making even any minor movies............

Edited by lakers1o1, June 29, 2013 - 11:45 AM.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#8 GenkiSushi

GenkiSushi

Rookie

• 775 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 11:45 AM

Lakers should get Rondo to entice Dwight to stay.

I know. I'm a dreamer.

#9 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,099 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 11:52 AM

And who will they trade for him?
Posted Image

#10 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,520 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 12:04 PM

The only way I see the Lakers acquiring Rondo is simply by taking Gasol's expiring 20 mil.  After they have acquired the contract of Gerald Wallace which is about 13 mil for another 2-3 years they would send him our way along with Rondo for Gasol.  They are rebuilding it what better way to do it by having over 20 mil more to spend on the 2014 FA???

If they don't trade Rondo they are stuck in a financial situation because Jeff Green (9 mil), Rondo (13-15 mil), and Gerald Wallace (13 mil).

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#11 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,764 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted June 29, 2013 - 12:23 PM

OK, lets see if the Lakers do something.  If they stand pat and lose DH while keeping their crap coach, then what?  I hope that because we are hearing nothing, that something is going on.  A couple more days should show something.

• 40,395 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 12:25 PM

Can't see the Lakers even attempting to go after Rondo if MDA's still the coach. If you have no jumpshot, you can't play for MDA.

yo.

#13 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,993 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted June 29, 2013 - 01:18 PM

Lol two dudes who cant shoot or make free throws + aging Dirk. Recipe for disaster

http://www.boston.co...n&dlvrit=834396

I agree on paper look like a very formidable tandem, especially with Dirk on the wings and perimeter, Carlisle is s proven coach. But still they would have maturity concerns, perimeter game even with Dirk take a hit. I don't think they can afford to keep Mayo. Bench can improve, it is pretty lackluster like ours was. I don't see them keeping Carter or Kaman, even as backups. Combined, Dirk, Howard, and Rondo would combine +50 million in salary, of course Dirk supposedly would take a pay cut.

Still Cuban in the past has spent the money required to put rosters together, with varying results. I just think any Laker fan from previous years know the product on paper doesn't guarantee it on the court.

• 40,395 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 01:23 PM

Bill Simmons @BillSimmons

FYI: Celts aren't moving Rondo unless they can dump multiple contracts in the trade. They want to fully bottom out while creating cap space.

yo.

#15 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,642 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 29, 2013 - 01:42 PM

So the clippers are gonna sign and trade cp3 for avery bradley, rondo, and green then?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#16 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,097 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 01:57 PM

Pacers should put some effort to acquire him without giving up their core IMO. If they had a legitimate point guard, they could of defeated Miami.

Edited by Admiral General Aladeen, June 29, 2013 - 01:57 PM.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#17 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,993 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted June 29, 2013 - 02:03 PM

Pacers should put some effort to acquire him without giving up their core IMO. If they had a legitimate point guard, they could of defeated Miami.

It would pretty much have to be a Granger /Rondo swap, Indy having to sweeten the deal with multiple picks. But Celtics desperately want to unload those bad contracts from the Nets, which makes it difficult for various teams.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users