Photo

Lakers Summer League Thread (Official Roster - Pg. 9)

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#101 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 2,438 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 07, 2013 - 07:54 AM

I'm already watching. I feel stable again. To much freaking baseball and no football.
Posted Image

#102 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Starter

• 5,593 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted July 07, 2013 - 07:58 AM

Oladipo is beasting and Kelly Olynyk is not doing bad himself

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#103 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,496 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 08, 2013 - 01:53 AM

OFFICIAL SUMMER LEAGUE SQUAD

120613_nbasummerleague670.png

Keep checking back to this page. As we hear who will be playing on the Los Angeles Lakers Summer League team, we’ll update this page.

It’s not yet known who will be coaching the team, but my money’s on new Lakers assistant coach, Mark Madsen.

According to the Los Angeles Times, Marcus Landry – Carl’s brother – will be a part of the Lakers’ summer league team. He’s a 6’7″ forward who played in the D-League last season, where he averaged 16.5 points per game while shooting 42.8% from three.

Robert Sacre may be a part of the squad: the Lakers made him a restricted free agent by extending a qualifying offer his way. Darius Morris and Andrew Goudelock are both unrestricted free agents, so it’s up to them whether they want to play for the Lakers’ summer league team, or try their luck elsewhere.

As for Ryan Kelly, the Lakers’ 2013 draft pick out of Duke, he’s flying to Los Angeles today, according to his Twitter account.

Elias Harris: He averaged 14.6 points and 7.4 rebounds per game last season for the Bulldogs.
Michael Snaer: Averaged 14.8 points, 4.5 rebounds and 2.5 assists per game last season.
Kenny Boynton Jr.: Boynton played for the Florida Gators and averaged 12.0 points per game last season, yet in 2011-12 he put up 15.9 points per night while shooting 40% from three.

More detail in the link

Read more details here: http://lakerholicz.c...league-roster-2

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#104 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,002 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 08, 2013 - 05:49 AM

snear didn't even get on the court for OKC

#105 Jee

Jee

♚ ROOKIE ©

• 579 posts
  • Name:Jee
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:ANY WHO PLAYS HERE

Posted July 08, 2013 - 10:30 AM

Okay, first outing for Michael Snaer 3-6 fga and 1-3 from 3pt total of 7 points. Also, added 2 rebounds and 1 turnover played total of 13:35 minutes.

Compared to Trey Burke 32:12 minutes 1-12 fga and 0-4 from 3pt total of 8 points coming mainly from free-throw 6-8. Trey did have 7 rebounds, 5 assist, 2 turnovers and 1 steal.

Bad game for Trey Burke scoring wise but he will pick it up.

#106 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted July 08, 2013 - 10:32 AM

Sign Snaer for defense alone.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#107 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Starter

• 5,593 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted July 08, 2013 - 11:20 AM

Kelly Olynyk is gong to be a good contributor for Celtics. Wish we had him instead of R. Kelly 

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, July 08, 2013 - 11:21 AM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#108 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,496 posts

Posted July 09, 2013 - 02:46 PM

Breakdown of Hummer and Snaer as well as Tobias Harris 

Hummer(The Dark Horse aka Jack of all Trades):
VZSRPFSHLLKHXFA.20111119211131.jpg
The other guy besides Viney that has a good deal of my interest since he's from my alma mater, Hummer is a 6'7'' forward with a pretty diverse floor game. To give a more thorough scouting report, let us yield the floor to Kevin Whitaker (@whitakk), one of my fellow editors at Princeton's student newspaper The Daily Princetonian

Ian Hummer does have NBA bloodlines: his uncle John played in the league from 1970-76, and his father Ed was drafted in 1967 but never played. They came from an era when it was easier to go from the Ivy League to the NBA, however, and though Ian was clearly the best player in the Ancient Eight this year, he only played one or two games a season against elite NCAA teams.

Hummer doesn't really have any one individual skill that will vault him into an NBA rotation; if he breaks into the league, it will be as a well-rounded player. He took a lot of shots as an upperclassman and was reasonably efficient, but never really looked suited to the role of #1 scorer; he makes smart cuts and can get to the rim with a combination of strength and good footwork, but scoring shouldn't be his primary role as a pro. He does have great passing skills for his size, though -- he had one of the top assist rates among NCAA forwards last year, often playing as a point forward -- and can add more offensive value on the glass.

Defensively, Hummer was great in the Ivy League, rarely allowing baskets as the primary defender, getting a lot of steals and guarding positions one through five, though he probably won't be able to do that as well against the bigger centers and quicker guards of the NBA. He plays a little bigger than his 6'7" height, with long arms and good defensive positioning, and he'll definitely have the necessary energy on that end of the court.

As Kevin points out, Hummer's biggest strength is how diverse his game is: he had a pretty stellar 31.5 assist ratio for a guy with his usage (29.2) and position and was a factor on the boards with a 12.6 rebound rate. All of this was on top of the scoring load he had to carry, although that probably won't be a big strength of his in the pros so long as his outside shooting remains suspect. As a four, one could see his point forward skills and midrange game having more of an impact in the pick-and-pop and creating off the dribble, although as with Harris above, the Lakers' preference would be to have him emerge as a wing. The reality for many of these prospects also applies to Hummer: his shooting will go a long way towards helping his case for making the league.

Michael Snaer(Mini Mamba Jr with size and defense)
Michael-Snaer1.jpg

Snaer is the lone name here that was covered in our draft primer and practically everything that was written there still stands true. A tough defensive guard well known for hitting quite a few buzzer beaters last year in college ball, he is probably the main guy to watch during summer league for Lakers fans and the one with the greatest hope of making it to training camp. The reason is simple: Snaer comes in with two ready NBA skills between his three-point shooting and his defense on the wing, both things that the Lakers need in the worst possible way. These needs are so strong that one could have understood if the Lakers passed on Kelly to pick up Snaer in the second round of the draft.

What is interesting about Snaer as a prospect, however, is that he has a few skills that might allow him to move beyond being pigeonholed as a three-and-D guy, namely his ballhandling ability in the pick-and-roll. Forced to handle a big part of Florida State's offense as the primary creator, Snaer became increasingly adept at using the pick-and-roll as a means to search for his points, although he is not a particularly good finisher and usually pulled up rather than get to the rim. Snaer definitely isn't ever going to have to create out of the pick-and-roll consistently in the pros, but the knowledge that he is a dependable ballhandler who can initiate a play in a pinch is helpful.

Elias Harris(The "skilled boxer without a weight class")
97898327_display_image.jpg?1280695745

A former college teammate of Sacre, who will no doubt be enthused to be playing with him again, Harris is a tweener forward who slated as a first round pick a few years ago until his stock thoroughly tanked due to his play dropping off. He did recover a lot of that productivity as a senior, but his three-point shot, an essential part of his arsenal should be make the league, deserted him. We will return to the subject of his shooting in a moment, but as far as his strengths go, they should remind the Lakers a good deal of Matt Barnes: Harris is a good cutter, moves well without the ball, and has a soft touch around the basket with a variety of moves. Limited as a creator and without a great handle, most of what Harris contributes on offense will be opportunities made by others for him.

The issue for Harris is that he doesn't really have a position. It's increasingly difficult to be a wing in today's league, especially in Mike D'Antoni's offense, and be unable to put the ball in the net from range. And really, same thing applies as an undersized four, as teams would expect him to lure bigs out of the paint in addition to nailing shots from the perimeter. It's simply hard to be productive if you can't space the floor and don't have the ability to create shots on your own. Any conversation about whether Harris can make the team begins and ends with how well he can return to his career 35.6% mark from three-point range.

Continuing on Harris' positional problems, this applies as well to defense, as he is a bit heavy and slow footed to check wings, but will give up size as well to several fours. He does have a notable feather in his cap in the form of his defensive rebounding, but he will probably have initial struggles in this area. Regardless, should Harris end up on the Lakers in training camp, it will very likely be as a wing, not a four due to the current depth chart, so it would behoove him to regain his form at that spot very quickly.

MUCH MORE TO BE READ HERE(Breakdowns on Sacre, Landry, Viney, and Boynton:  http://www.silverscr...ating-the-chaff

Enjoy ya'll.  I'll keep you updated daily if needed :)

Edited by Majesty, July 09, 2013 - 02:52 PM.

#109 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,496 posts

Posted July 09, 2013 - 02:57 PM

For the record Ian Hummer is a guy I STRONGLY want to make it in this league.  I think he could do wonders for a team if brought along right, he would excel in a system like the Spurs and he's a pretty good glue guy that is not a master at any one thing but has a solid all around game as well as the ability to play the point forward if need be and his familiarity with Princeton and triangle like sets tells me that if Phil was our coach this kid would be almost a sure thing to bring in.

A good system offense could do for him what the Spurs have been able to do for Leonard if they give him a chance. 

I'm glad the Lakers are giving him a chance, I don't know if he'll make the team or be seen as a "fit" but darn if I didn't want it to happen.  And if not for the Lakers, somewhere that can utilize him and maximize what he's good at and develop it, like Indiana or San Antonio.

Edited by Majesty, July 09, 2013 - 03:00 PM.

#110 citr92

citr92

Rookie

• 423 posts
  • Name:Cody
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted July 09, 2013 - 03:01 PM

would it be possible (just asking) if these three, and ryan kelly played well enough that they'd all have a spot?

#111 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,002 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted July 09, 2013 - 03:02 PM

Hummer might be that guy that does nothing great, but still gets 30 mins a night...

players like this will also look MUCH better playing next to a guy like Nash, who is all about players fitting a role...

#112 citr92

citr92

Rookie

• 423 posts

Posted July 09, 2013 - 03:41 PM

so there's a chance those 4 make it?

#113 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,496 posts

Posted July 09, 2013 - 04:23 PM

would it be possible (just asking) if these three, and ryan kelly played well enough that they'd all have a spot?

yes there's a chance.

Hummer might be that guy that does nothing great, but still gets 30 mins a night...

players like this will also look MUCH better playing next to a guy like Nash, who is all about players fitting a role...

Agreed 100%!

Hummer is a guy where if you use him right will fit any role you stick him with marginally well, you just gotta know where to play him.

That's why I said if Phil was here he'd be the quintessential triangle guy.   But having a point guard like Nash would do wonders for him and would make the game that much easier for him to find his place and his spots.

Edited by Majesty, July 09, 2013 - 04:24 PM.

#114 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,496 posts

Posted July 09, 2013 - 04:43 PM

The return of CDR?

Chris Douglas-Roberts has just landed in Los Angeles from what I'm reading on twitter.

Not only has he landed in Los Angeles today, but Mike Trudell(@LakersReporter) has just started following him on twitter. 

For those that don't know CDR's twitter is  @Don_Montecristo

This could mean that Chris Douglas-Roberts could be a new addition to the Lakers Summer League team.  While nothing is for sure, things are looking to head in that direction.  

Very interesting. @MikeTrudell the head Lakers reporter is now following CDR. What does this mean?????!!!!!

@lakersreporter is now following @Don_Montecristo!! I've been hearing stuff but ya never know!

This and the addition of the news that the Lakers are considering what to do with Metta World Peace on the same day as Chris Douglas-Roberts arrived in Los Angeles and has now been subsequently followed on twitter by Mike Trudell could mean that something IS brewing, or it could mean absolutely nothing.

Stay tuned Lakers fans.

Edited by Majesty, July 09, 2013 - 04:44 PM.

#115 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 9,698 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted July 09, 2013 - 04:48 PM

OHHHH! please

#116 citr92

citr92

Rookie

• 423 posts

Posted July 09, 2013 - 05:02 PM

didn't know this, a while back but still, nice to know

played well against the heat two years back

Edited by citr92, July 09, 2013 - 05:03 PM.

• 38,978 posts

Posted July 09, 2013 - 05:25 PM

^ and the Bulls too:

Edited by    , July 09, 2013 - 05:34 PM.

yo.

#118 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 2,810 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted July 09, 2013 - 07:29 PM

I wish we could get CDR, wanted him since last year.

pTjodNA.gif

#119 I<3LA

I<3LA

Rookie

• 63 posts
  • Name:Philip
  • Fan Since:1983
  • Fav. Laker:SHAQ DEISEL

Posted July 09, 2013 - 07:50 PM

Kenny Boynton is on the Lakers summer league team

Posted Image

#120 Julien

Julien

Rookie

• 641 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime

Posted July 09, 2013 - 08:02 PM

I got a feeling that CDR s gonna sign tomorrow with the Lakers. :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users