Photo

Lakers Summer League Thread (Official Roster - Pg. 9)

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#21 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,692 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 28, 2013 - 10:08 PM

What about Curry's brother?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#22 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,545 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted June 28, 2013 - 10:17 PM

He can play SF in the NBA with his skillset work on his shooting and ball handling

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#23 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,692 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 10:24 PM

He can play SF in the NBA with his skillset work on his shooting and ball handling

heck if he played small forward with as good a post game as he had he may not have to take many threes honestly.    Shooting 55%(not counting 3s) is no joke even in college and most of it was from back to the basket and his post game.   

Most people don't come into the league with that good a post game, let alone a small forward.  So if he put him in the post I think he can do damage to some benches.   But I of course want to see him in the summer league before I make a true judgement.  But if his post game is as effective then we may have a keeper.

Edited by Majesty, June 28, 2013 - 10:25 PM.

#24 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,545 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 10:27 PM

heck if he played small forward with as good a post game as he had he may not have to take many threes honestly. Shooting 55%(not counting 3s) is no joke even in college and most of it was from back to the basket and his post game.

Most people don't come into the league with that good a post game, let alone a small forward. So if he put him in the post I think he can do damage to some benches. But I of course want to see him in the summer league before I make a true judgement. But if his post game is as effective then we may have a keeper.

I like his frame. I think he'd fit in well we need a wingman off the bench. Let's see what he does. he's also very strong

#25 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted June 29, 2013 - 01:22 AM

he actually is pretty fast on the break and is capable of bringing the ball up the court and handling it.  The worry is just his ability to create shots off the dribble. 

But a majority of his damage is done back to the basket where he shoots 55%.

and he was known to be a combo forward back from his Junior Year

his weakness was his perimeter game and 3 point shooting but that's not where he mainly played from.

he played mainly back to the basket to face up as well as having a post game, which as I said, he shot 55% from there and was extremely efficient so that's good to hear.   Apparently his senior year his 3 point shooting was what was so low and why his shooting percentage was 50% and that without including the 3 point shooting his field goal percentage would have been 55% from the field which is VERY nice.

So far as I know his strengths and weaknesses are as follows

Strengths: 
Basketball IQ
Quickness on the break
Athleticism
Passing
Quick hands
Back to the Basket and Post game efficiency(has a very well schooled post game, rare nowadays)
Strength
Ability to bring the ball up the court
Finisher at the rim
Good at reading the defense for openings to cut through
Good at sealing his man at opportune times.

Weaknesses:
Creating a jumper off the dribble
Dribbling through traffic from the top of the key(not back to the basket in other words)

3 point shooting(though he seemed to not focus on it his senior year as in his junior year he was a 41% three point shooter although he only shot 2 per game but says he will focus on it for the NBA game)
Adjusting his game to fit that of a combo forward in the league, may have to be a Milsap type guy as in order to be a 3 I think he'll need to work on his handle a bit more.

He would fit perfectly in a Paul Milsap type of role or a role that he can play back to the basket or be found on cuts.  
Would benefit from a point guard like Blake/Nash who'll find him on to the basket cuts. 
And is strong enough to finish in traffic through contact
Doesn't have terribad three point shooting

Take it for what it's worth but those are my perspectives on him from what I've seen and read :)

i had corrected myself to say he wasnt especially fast laterally for a pf but i must not have clicked the button after or something. he is pretty fast up and down the court as he should be and can def handle the ball in the open court but in traffic he might make people nervous.

not gonna say he cant ever be put at sf, of course he can within the right matchups(or down the road) but from what i have seen he is going to disappoint anyone who thinks he is a wing player. who knows maybe he has been workin out hard but i cant comment on what i havent seen. i could see him having difficulty guarding many perimeter players and being singled out defensively.

still a very interesting spl signing, he just doesnt(last i saw) have the overall sf skill set, especially considering the lakers needs. i do like his game though and look forward to watching. but like i said, make no mistake this dude has the game of a pf with the height of a sf. would be cool if he proves otherwise but i think he would have been drafted for versatility had that been the case. curious to look at his combine numbers though as its been a while since i saw him play.

good post btw

Edited by SweatShop, June 29, 2013 - 02:07 AM.

Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#26 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,114 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 02:35 AM

How many times has it been that fans bandwagon a summer league player to get disappointed when he's not signed afterwards? You guys never learn lol.

#27 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,261 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 29, 2013 - 04:23 AM

good recap of free agents with potential

Lakers should invite these guys the summer league since they haven't been in the NBA for a while now cause of playing overseas, been injured or other reasons.

Greg Oden

Al Thornton

Josh Howard

Yi Jianlian

Jonny Flynn

Ryan Gomes

Delonte West

Kelenna Azubuike

Kareem Rush

Rashad McCants

Chris Douglas-Roberts

Luther Head

Never understood why al thorton got run out of the NBA

#28 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,545 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 08:32 AM

How many times has it been that fans bandwagon a summer league player to get disappointed when he's not signed afterwards? You guys never learn lol.

There's different circumstances this year. A year where we essentially have very little money to spend, no one really signed yet other than Jordan Hill and Meeks. No ebanks, no glock, no morris. We gotta bring some people in. Did you learn about our circumstances yet?

#29 Jee

Jee

♚ ROOKIE ©

• 579 posts
  • Name:Jee
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:ANY WHO PLAYS HERE

Posted June 29, 2013 - 08:47 AM

Mitch should also invite these sf to summerleague camp Joe Alexander, Taylor Griffin (yep I want this griffin), and Chris Wright. All sf with good size and Athleticism. 

#30 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,852 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 29, 2013 - 09:06 AM

We need someone like the Copeland. It's a few guys like that in Europe

#31 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,153 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted June 29, 2013 - 03:18 PM

Elias Harris looks dope, there is a chance he makes it...(doubt it).

EyMlHkX.jpg

#32 nikolatesla

nikolatesla

Rookie

• 390 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001

Posted June 29, 2013 - 04:29 PM

When you said Harris has a good post game, i stopped reading. Who needs post-ups? We have a coach that finds post up game useless, that's how bright he is. And this is my move to turn yet another thread to "hate MDA thread". Can you blame me?

#33 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,692 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 04:39 PM

When you said Harris has a good post game, i stopped reading. Who needs post-ups? We have a coach that finds post up game useless, that's how bright he is. And this is my move to turn yet another thread to "hate MDA thread". Can you blame me?

He has nothing to do with this thread and has his own I'm sure you can dig up if that's what you want to contribute to it.  

Back on topic. 

What do you think of this player and our summer league roster thus far?

Edited by Majesty, June 29, 2013 - 04:39 PM.

#34 nikolatesla

nikolatesla

Rookie

• 390 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 04:59 PM

The first thing i noticed in that vidoe was the same, he seems real under control in the post he knows what he is doing, he has moves down there. And he goes to the basket well. What can he give us defensively? That's more important for me.

#35 nikolatesla

nikolatesla

Rookie

• 390 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 05:01 PM

And let's give CDR another chance shall we?

#36 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,692 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 05:08 PM

The first thing i noticed in that vidoe was the same, he seems real under control in the post he knows what he is doing, he has moves down there. And he goes to the basket well. What can he give us defensively? That's more important for me.

yeah I really did like that about him.  He is an under control player especially at the forward position and seems like a good passer on the break and also a COMPETENT break starter and finisher.   Like I said coming into the league with his post game(well schooled from the years in germany and college) he could take some bench forwards in the post very well I think.   55% from inside the 3 point line is no joke.  

#37 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 29, 2013 - 06:47 PM

All these players are garbage!!! no names are standing out to me

#38 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,692 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 06:50 PM

All these players are garbage!!! no names are standing out to me

How many have you seen play?

#39 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,114 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 11:58 PM

There's different circumstances this year. A year where we essentially have very little money to spend, no one really signed yet other than Jordan Hill and Meeks. No ebanks, no glock, no morris. We gotta bring some people in. Did you learn about our circumstances yet?

And out of desperation you are gonna bandwagon every scrub mentioned? Yeah, I'm sure that is what Mitch will do, too. Championship recipe right there.

#40 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,153 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted June 30, 2013 - 10:18 AM

What about Curry's brother?

Guys, regarding Seth Curry (as some of you asked), he can't participate in NBA summer league. He's still rehabbing an ankle injury.

EyMlHkX.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)