• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,602 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 28, 2013 - 12:55 PM

I don't believe it's Kobe vs Dwight.  I think the Lakers have made it perfectly clear that Dwight is the future moving forward and Kobe has said that much as well. 

To me, the situation could present itself in the form of D'Antoni and Dwight Howard.   Let's not forget that Kobe re-signed with the team two days after Shaq was traded back in 2004. 

I still don't see how the Lakers could choose an average at best coach over a franchise player.  If Dwight gives the front office any indication that D'Antoni is the reason for him not coming back, then MDA will be gone. 

I hope. 

I feel like he has given decent indication he doesn't want MDA. I mean it seems like a general consensus around the league thats the biggest reason. 

#22 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 28, 2013 - 12:59 PM

I feel like he has given decent indication he doesn't want MDA. I mean it seems like a general consensus around the league thats the biggest reason. 

Possibly, I just know I knew we were headed for trouble after his exit interview comments.  The "We had to just sell out to whatever he wanted, whether we liked it or not" bit is pretty telling. 

#23 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,168 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted June 28, 2013 - 01:30 PM

Thing about mature kobe.. he's willing to let Dwight be the number one option if he earns it. Kobe was so excited just to be a SG starting this year, but he had to fall back into his old role and do it all due to injuries/system.  Dwight cannot come into LA for one year and expect for it to be his team when there's one of the GOAT sitting the locker room that has bled for the franchise for 17 years. almost TWO decades.  If he thinks that, then EFF him. He sort of has a POS attitude and a childish one at that on and off the court. 

Dwight has some serious hiccups to his offensive game for him to get the ball constantly. He's stiff.  Hopefully with a more healthy body he can keep the ball up more higher and finish more easily. He really needs to add more offensive moves to his collection. He's so damn wishywashy that it is annoying, and now i see why Orlando risked tanking for a couple years just to get rid of his immature attitude. 

ap1.png

#24 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,388 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted June 28, 2013 - 02:03 PM

All I know is that if this comes down to an ultimatum between MDA and Dwight and we choose MDA this team is going nowhere with Jim Buss at the helm 

#25 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,168 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted June 28, 2013 - 02:16 PM

We all know MDA is gonna be fired within the next two seasons if he stays... keeping him is pointless.

ap1.png

#26 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,364 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 02, 2013 - 02:56 AM

Does anyone think we've been down this road before?? If D12 signs, will part of the deal be not resigning Kobe when Kobe asks for an extension?? If anyone doesn't believe that's what happened to Shaq is sadly mistaken. I hope that isn't the case with D12

#27 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,865 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 02, 2013 - 03:11 AM

Does anyone think we've been down this road before?? If D12 signs, will part of the deal be not resigning Kobe when Kobe asks for an extension?? If anyone doesn't believe that's what happened to Shaq is sadly mistaken. I hope that isn't the case with D12

Merged into this topic...basically the same exact thing.

#28 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted July 03, 2013 - 07:39 AM

ok i see

I'm not comparing the two identically. Kobe isn't 356 pounds. I'm saying that, in Howard's eyes, maybe Kobe is a big reason (not necessarily the only one) why staying in LA is less attractive.

I went ahead and bolded my last statement, below the pictures.

We've already heard these things from Dwight:

1) Kobe is very demanding of his teammates, and is a perfectionist.
2) He (Dwight) doesn't think he gets the ball enough.
3) He wants to be the #1 option (which is obvious).

I'm not blaming Kobe here, I'm saying that it wouldn't surprise me if these similarities between Kobe's summer of 2004, and Howard's, could be related to Howard not liking Kobe being the main facilitator (instead of Nash), Kobe taking the most shot attempts, and the entire franchise and fans still putting Kobe first...even if they should.  Maybe it's Howard who can't handle that, can't wait it out.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#29 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,321 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted July 03, 2013 - 08:13 AM

Shaq wanted to leave anyways, he asked for the trade himself after that finals loss. This time around, Kobe hasn't shown any signs that he wants out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users