Photo

Seriously what are the Lakers doing?!

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

• 40,603 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 10:38 AM

I understand you're upset your boy Darius Morris will not get a qualifying offer, but you need to relax. Let time to do its thing. You just be patient.

yo.

#22 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,393 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 28, 2013 - 11:01 AM

133470251581347.gif

Haha I just watched that last night! Back on topic, just be patient guys. We have a hell of a GM and hopefully he redeems himself from his role in the MDA firing. And maybe Jim Buss will lose his ego. That would be nice too.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#23 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,352 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted June 28, 2013 - 11:16 AM

Lakers are doing the opposite of what everyone else is doing...which is not improving.

EyMlHkX.jpg

#24 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,616 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted June 28, 2013 - 11:26 AM

Hey, at least we didn't gut the squad like Boston did. 

2hf753r.jpg

#25 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,463 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 28, 2013 - 11:43 AM

Or Philly

#26 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 28, 2013 - 12:09 PM

I thought the same thing MadSci.

When I heard Broussard's supposed update (which I really don't believe much of anything he says) I thought that if its real whatsoever it was leaked from Dwight's people as a "him or me" kind of message.

Yeah it makes sense, I don't think Howard goes to FO saying hey fire MDA or I'm gone, he'll try to get his message out in a more subtle way. IF these rumors are true I hope MDA is the only thing standing in the way, because if it is, I don't see FO thinking twice about firing him especially after coming out and saying that Dwight Howard is the future for this franchise, Its a no brainer, he will be gone. 

Edited by MadSci, June 28, 2013 - 12:09 PM.

The North Remembers

#27 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 9,037 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Grant

Posted June 28, 2013 - 12:11 PM

Morris will be fine.

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

#28 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 28, 2013 - 12:19 PM

Or Philly

Philly did very good.  Nerlens Noel (defensive anchor and should have been top pick), Michael Carter-Williams (arguably best PG), and a 1-3 protected pick in a LOADED 2014 Draft?  For Jrue Holiday?

I mean, Holiday put up nearly 18/8 last year, but so did Baron Davis, Sam Cassell and Stephon Marbury, and none of them were keepers.

Meanwhile, the Pelicans could end up with a lotto pick once again, especially if Eric Gordon gets hurt like he usually does, and suddenly, that pick could be for an all-star player...which would go to Philly.

#29 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,463 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 12:27 PM

Cassell not a keeper?

He is the only winning player of those guys and I think THAT's a guy who should have been a head coach.

Jrue is still getting better and has a good pedigree from UCLA, and I like him over a potential Tyrus Thomas or Kenyon Martin and a young guy who may or may not be ready in a few seasons and you're just TRYING to be a loser to get Wiggins

#30 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 12:40 PM

Cassell not a keeper?

He is the only winning player of those guys and I think THAT's a guy who should have been a head coach.

Jrue is still getting better and has a good pedigree from UCLA, and I like him over a potential Tyrus Thomas or Kenyon Martin and a young guy who may or may not be ready in a few seasons and you're just TRYING to be a loser to get Wiggins

Cassell was not a keeper in a sense that you build a team around him. 

What was Philly going to do this upcoming season?  Tank anyway?  Bynum wasn't coming back.  Jrue, Turner, and Thad for the next how many years?

No other team had any interest in their players, aside from Jrue.  Philly isn't a place for free agents to flock to, and they will only be under the cap by about $10-11 million to begin with.  Jrue Holiday will be owed $44 million over the next four seasons.

So, what was the plan?

#31 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,463 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 12:46 PM

Is Noel though/

He's not Mutumbo, who was the number two guy on a good team, he's Kenyon Martin "maybe"

#32 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 12:50 PM

Is Noel though/

He's not Mutumbo, who was the number two guy on a good team, he's Kenyon Martin "maybe"

Kenyon Martin was an all-star, and he was #2 on a team that went to the NBA Finals two consecutive years.

#33 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,046 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted June 28, 2013 - 12:51 PM

Philly got a good prospect at center, and a first round pick. Same as Boston, many feel instead of being in playoff limbo or betting on luring lucrative free agents, just build through the draft.

#34 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,363 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 28, 2013 - 12:55 PM

Philly got a good prospect at center, and a first round pick. Same as Boston, many feel instead of being in playoff limbo or betting on luring lucrative free agents, just build through the draft.

So you're saying Philly's not going to sign Bynum to a 5 year max deal? LOL. 

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#35 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,054 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 28, 2013 - 01:16 PM

Don't worry CJ, of the qualifying offers morris is the one that got the summer league invite, you can breathe easy

General manager Mitch Kupchak revealed following the NBA Draft that he hasn't extended qualifying offers to seldom-used reserves Darius Morris ($1.2 million), Andrew Goudelock ($1.1 million) and Devin Ebanks ($1.3 million), a move that will make them all unrestricted free agents.

That doesn't mean all those players won't become Lakers.

Morris preferred not to have his qualifying offer so he could see what interest he could attract on the open market in hopes of playing for a team where he could have a larger role. Both Mike Brown and Mike D'Antoni granted Morris very few minutes considering his tendency to try to do too much on the court and still trying to find the right pace in using his superior speed and athleticism. But the Lakers like his work ethic, potential and enthusiasm enough to invite him to the Lakers Summer League from July 12-22.

Mitch doesn't want to make the mistake they made last year where they signed guys before training camp even began and better players came in through camp that they couldn't sign cause people already had contracts.  Ebanks for example.

They want them to earn it in training camp and summer league.  So understandable and ultimately a good move.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#36 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,463 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 01:20 PM

Real Deal

thats true, but you need to get the Best Point Guard since Magic Johnson to be your #1

#37 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,046 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted June 28, 2013 - 01:29 PM

So you're saying Philly's not going to sign Bynum to a 5 year max deal? LOL. 

That would be their Plan B.

#38 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted June 29, 2013 - 03:12 AM

So if Dwight leaves would you consider a more mature Demarcus Cousins?? People don't realize he's only 23. Dwight has not won a championship in 9 years. Obviously he is not the end all be all. D12 is a fabulous player but chemistry and overall team is more important as San Antonio, Miami and Indiana has shown us. I would trade for Demarcus, Trade away MWP and Pau, then put some real ballers around Nash and Kobe. I actually like an in shape healthy Pau but he's the only one with trade value. I would also beg DFish to be on this coaching staff to keep Kobe in check

#39 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,280 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 03:20 AM

Jim Buss traded Bynum for Howard. How did he do nothing?

#40 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted June 29, 2013 - 03:37 AM

Maybe we should have!! Let's keep it real. If Kobe isn't very healthy by January and D12 walks we are a lottery team. We were damn near a lottery team last year.  Boston will actually make the playoffs with a healthy Rondo and they got a million draft picks in the deal. Good Job Boston!! Take notice Mitch. Have some balls. By the way, no matter how much cap space we have next year, LeBron and Carmello aren't coming here. We need to find our Paul George. We need to ensure the team we surround Nash and Kobe with are very good and young. What would be wrong with a team of 5 to 7 million dollar players. Your Nick Young's, JR Smith's, Tyreke Evans, Demarcus Cousin's and Jeff Green's. You put players LIKE that under the leadership of Nash, Kobe and maybe DFish on the coaching staff and you'll have something special

Hey, at least we didn't gut the squad like Boston did. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users