52 replies to this topic

#1 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 28, 2013 - 08:30 AM

Jim Buss is not making me too confident about the Lakers future right now!! he hasn't made a single move that would insure that we will have something to look forward too in the future... The only thing we can say is that we will sign this big player in the 2014 off season(who knows if that is going to happen). 

The thing that is really bothering me is that we are really picking Dantoni over Dwight Howard!!! and then we put up a sign BEGGING him to stay!!!! and we Draft Ryan Kelly who is GARBAGE!! because he have nobody who can create for others!!! we should have Drafted Lorenzo Brown, Peyton Siva, or CJ Leslie!!! it would have gave this team some more athleticism or players that could create for others!!! but no we get another slow nonathletic spot up shooter because that's what Dantoni wants!... I don't know what Jim Buss vision has for the Lakers but this isn't the Championship or Bust Lakers that I have grew accustomed to

#2 KobeBeef24

KobeBeef24

Canada, eh?

• 1,331 posts
  • Fan Since:2007
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, MWP, Swaggy P, LO, Pau

Posted June 28, 2013 - 08:32 AM

To answer your question, they're doing nothing.

#3 thrilla86

thrilla86

Rookie

• 244 posts
  • Name:Paul
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted June 28, 2013 - 08:32 AM

Chill out, it isn't even July 1st yet.

#4 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 922 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 28, 2013 - 08:35 AM

How many times will Mitch have to prove himself. You have no idea what he has or hasn't been doing.

Unlike all the other teams, when Mitch is working on something, you don't hear about it. You just get a bomb dropped and you're like WTF, WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN????

Let the man do his job which he has proven again and again he is good at. He is very limited on possible moves, and the only move that possibly can be done right now is firing MDA for Phil, which isn't really in Mitch's hands.

#5 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted June 28, 2013 - 08:45 AM

All will be forgiven if Mike D'Antoni is fired before Dwight Howard signs that dotted line to play for the Rockets.

#6 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 08:55 AM

All will be forgiven if Mike D'Antoni is fired before Dwight Howard signs that dotted line to play for the Rockets.

Knowing Jim Buss that won't happen because his Ego won't let Phil be more than a consultant

#7 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,480 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 28, 2013 - 08:55 AM

So every off season you EXPPECT BIG mOVES?

Letys recap

Title

Aiza gone-Artest in

Title

farmar ,Vujacic gone, Blake and Barnes in

Lost in 2nd round

traded Pau/Lamar for CP3

league took it away, Lamar gone for TPE

Lost in 2nd round

Bynum and TPE gone for Dwight Howard and Steve nash

Super injuries

Lost in first round

I would actually sit on this team , with tweaks if Dwight wants to stay

Don't forget how this FAN BASE has not embraced Dwight.

even the celebs are not willing to say " We need Dwight " moving forward.

i bet guys from Texas will say that, for sure.

#8 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,366 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 28, 2013 - 08:57 AM

Here is my tip for you and all the lakers fans out there.  Just ignore what happens until July 10th when Dwight Howard going to have "The Decision 2013 D12 version"  and decided he wants to take his talent to humid city Htown.  So just relax and enjoy the ride here. No point of being fustrated because we have no control over anything. This is Mike D Antoni's team. Remember that fans and it will be easier for you. Its not Kobe's team, its not Dwights team.  But I do agree with Lakersfanatic.  Mitch do work like a ninja and hopefully he will surprised everyone in a month or so by introducing us to a new head coach.  Cross your fingers.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#9 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,480 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 08:58 AM

Knowing Jim Buss that won't happen because his Ego won't let Phil be more than a consultant

Do u know ANYTHING about Jim Buss other than what ESPN reports? How dop  you know it's not his ego, but rather his father's wishes.

Jjim is the one who wanted to re-hire Phil when Jerry Buss didn't like the guy that much. Thats the FACT..

all this speculation is dumb and it only falls on the necks on two people.

No one wants to question whether Dwight wants to leave to play with talented players that are HIS AGE.

Thats the biggest thing to me.

harden SHOULD be better than Kobe next season. Am I wrong?

#10 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,352 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted June 28, 2013 - 08:58 AM

How many times will Mitch have to prove himself. You have no idea what he has or hasn't been doing.

Unlike all the other teams, when Mitch is working on something, you don't hear about it. You just get a bomb dropped and you're like WTF, WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN????

Let the man do his job which he has proven again and again he is good at. He is very limited on possible moves, and the only move that possibly can be done right now is firing MDA for Phil, which isn't really in Mitch's hands.

That's true, I guarantee no one had a clue we were getting Nash until Woj dropped that massive bomb.

EyMlHkX.jpg

#11 spacedog1

spacedog1

Rookie

• 234 posts
  • Fan Since:90s

Posted June 28, 2013 - 09:03 AM

How would it look for Dwight if we did fire D'Antoni and he still signed somewhere else... lol

#12 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 09:06 AM

Are we going to make the same mistake we did last year!?! and wait until the season begins to fire the coach?! and bring in Phil?! 

#13 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 09:08 AM

How would it look for Dwight if we did fire D'Antoni and he still signed somewhere else... lol

I would be fine with that as long as Phil Jackson is the head coach again

Do u know ANYTHING about Jim Buss other than what ESPN reports? How dop  you know it's not his ego, but rather his father's wishes.

Jjim is the one who wanted to re-hire Phil when Jerry Buss didn't like the guy that much. Thats the FACT..

all this speculation is dumb and it only falls on the necks on two people.

No one wants to question whether Dwight wants to leave to play with talented players that are HIS AGE.

Thats the biggest thing to me.

harden SHOULD be better than Kobe next season. Am I wrong?

Jim Buss didn't get Phil because of his Ego I don't care about any nonsense your talking about!! the guy cleared out anything that had to do with Phil after he left!!

#14 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,366 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 28, 2013 - 09:15 AM

Are we going to make the same mistake we did last year!?! and wait until the season begins to fire the coach?! and bring in Phil?! 

I wouldn't be surprised if this happens. It would be very funny if the fans calling for Phil's head because he doesnt have a training camp.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#15 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,480 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 09:25 AM

I would be fine with that as long as Phil Jackson is the head coach again

Jim Buss didn't get Phil because of his Ego I don't care about any nonsense your talking about!! the guy cleared out anything that had to do with Phil after he left!!

Again, you're being a victim of press clippings.

you're talking about Mike Brown hiring the coaches he wants instead of Phil's assistants?

B/c I know you're not talking about the scouting department, which when he cleared that OUT, he was supposedly changing everything that his FATHER did.

CJ, you don't want to hear the truth so its easier to believe what you want to believe. thats fine

#16 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 09:32 AM

I think the rumors of Howard wanting out is a ploy to get MDA fired, and at the end of the day I think that's exactly whats going to happen. 

The North Remembers

#17 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 09:36 AM

133470251581347.gif

#18 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted June 28, 2013 - 09:59 AM

I think the rumors of Howard wanting out is a ploy to get MDA fired, and at the end of the day I think that's exactly whats going to happen. 

I hope you're right. 

It would be an absolutely embarrassing moment if we lose one of the top players in the game because we were afraid to fire a mediocre coach who has never won anything. Just cut your losses, find a coach that can actually manage these players (Phil), and go compete.  

#19 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 10:14 AM

I hope you're right. 

It would be an absolutely embarrassing moment if we lose one of the top players in the game because we were afraid to fire a mediocre coach who has never won anything. Just cut your losses, find a coach that can actually manage these players (Phil), and go compete.  

Exactly. 

The North Remembers

#20 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,910 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 28, 2013 - 10:37 AM

I thought the same thing MadSci.

When I heard Broussard's supposed update (which I really don't believe much of anything he says) I thought that if its real whatsoever it was leaked from Dwight's people as a "him or me" kind of message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users