#61 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,699 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 28, 2013 - 10:30 PM

For me personally, Im not sure what to make of the Madsen hiring. It could very well be a D'Antoni hiring but it's not clear.

Until we get an assistant coach hiring that has D'Antoni written all over it, I think it's okay to not completely rule out his firing in the coming days.

But once one of those hirings happen, if they happen, we have to come to grips that he's going to be the head coach moving forward.

Honestly is there any other hirings that could have D'antoni written on it?  Gentry and McMillen are gone so I dunno who could be on his list.

However...

I'm not gonna say "who could he possibly pick that screams D'antoni?" cause then fate will make us wind up with Del Negro as an assistant :geek:

Edited by Majesty, June 28, 2013 - 10:30 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#62 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,545 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted June 28, 2013 - 10:31 PM

If Phil is consultant and MDA is getting fired, Kurt Rambis will be the next hiring. You heard it here first

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#63 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 28, 2013 - 10:33 PM

Honestly is there any other hirings that could have D'antoni written on it? Gentry and McMillen are gone so I dunno who could be on his list.

However...

I'm not gonna say "who could he possibly pick that screams D'antoni?" cause then fate will make us wind up with Del Negro as an assistant :geek:

Well I mean the speculation that Phil's going to take over if D'Antoni is fired. I do not see any other coach taking over besides Phil (unless its Rambis but I don't see that either).

If any other coach is hired that can't be seen as a "Phil guy", it's safe to just come to the realization that MDA is the coach moving forward.

#64 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,699 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 10:45 PM

Well I mean the speculation that Phil's going to take over if D'Antoni is fired. I do not see any other coach taking over besides Phil (unless its Rambis but I don't see that either).

If any other coach is hired that can't be seen as a "Phil guy", it's safe to just come to the realization that MDA is the coach moving forward.

yeah, I actually think Rambis was close to becoming an assistant here as that D'antoni was gonna hire him right before Rambis put him and the Lakers organization on blast on ESPN, but I can't find the article anywhere.

#65 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,993 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted June 28, 2013 - 10:50 PM

^

http://www.usatoday....ackson/1700823/

Rambis: "If you're talking about having success and having this team and someone who knows how to guide a team to an NBA title, Phil is that guy," he said. "There's no second, third, fourth or fifth choice at this point in time. He's that guy. I don't know if Jim Buss knows one system from another in terms of how it fits with players, or what works best for players, or what's the difference between them. I don't know if he really understands that, so a lot of times decisions are made on gut feelings and with outside sources that have an influence on it."

Edited by Ven21, June 28, 2013 - 10:50 PM.

#66 Slamdunk

Slamdunk

Rookie

• 26 posts
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted June 28, 2013 - 11:27 PM

If for some reason Phil does become coach again, I will be uplifted. MDA is a joke. There's probably 20 more coaches I'd rather have than this guy, especially with this roster. The problem is, unless he is lying or embellishing things, he doesn't seem too fired up to coach. I believe whole heartedly he wants an administrative position and nothing else. I hope I'm wrong because I'd love to see some more final appearances. Long live Phil Jackson.

#67 MidnightMarauder

MidnightMarauder

Off The Bench

• 1,482 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted June 28, 2013 - 11:43 PM

If for some reason Phil does become coach again, I will be uplifted. MDA is a joke. There's probably 20 more coaches I'd rather have than this guy, especially with this roster. The problem is, unless he is lying or embellishing things, he doesn't seem too fired up to coach. I believe whole heartedly he wants an administrative position and nothing else. I hope I'm wrong because I'd love to see some more final appearances. Long live Phil Jackson.

You'd only take 20 coaches over MDA? He's easily the worst coach in the NBA

#68 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,198 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted June 29, 2013 - 12:09 AM

Im sure phil kinda feels like a sleeze if he asked his wife to fire the guy so he can get the job....

I know for sure MDA job is up in the air due to the fact he has no where to be seen or heard from during this whole process...

ap1.png

#69 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,848 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 29, 2013 - 12:12 AM

Its not Phil influencing this, it's Dwight.

I figured a long while ago that it would eventually come down to a "him or me" situation with Dwight and D'Antoni.  Now the ball is in the Lakers' court, hopefully they do the right thing and finally oust D'Antoni.  I would think a definite decision will be made by this time next week regarding the whole mess.

#70 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,265 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 29, 2013 - 08:12 AM

Its not Phil influencing this, it's Dwight.

I figured a long while ago that it would eventually come down to a "him or me" situation with Dwight and D'Antoni.  Now the ball is in the Lakers' court, hopefully they do the right thing and finally oust D'Antoni.  I would think a definite decision will be made by this time next week regarding the whole mess.

\

Do  you wait until after the july 1 start of Free agency?

or do you take out dantonie as a prememtive strike

#71 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,396 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted June 29, 2013 - 08:43 AM

Why would phil ever want to coach this team. Its a mess right now. 

if its not a sure thing to get to the WCF PJ isn't a option. And even if it is a sure thing PJ isn't a option. Move on.

#72 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,848 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 29, 2013 - 09:53 AM

If they're gonna let D'Antoni go, I would rather them just do it now instead of waiting.  Makes no sense to wait.

But I think the Lakers are waiting until they get a chance to actually sit down and talk to Dwight instead of working off of bogus rumors and the internet b.s..

#73 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,854 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 29, 2013 - 09:56 AM

If Dwight wants Phil, he needs to say it.

#74 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,924 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted June 29, 2013 - 09:58 AM

If they're gonna let D'Antoni go, I would rather them just do it now instead of waiting.  Makes no sense to wait.

But I think the Lakers are waiting until they get a chance to actually sit down and talk to Dwight instead of working off of bogus rumors and the internet b.s..

I think "now" is between today and next week-end.

I believe they know they can flip the switch (MDA/Phil) at a moment's notice, they just want to know that that is necessary before doing it. 

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#75 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,854 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 09:59 AM

Get garnet.com

#76 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,699 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 11:27 AM

yeah, if they meet with Dwight and Dwight asks it, it will happen.  But I think they want to be 200% sure of him re-signing before making that move.

#77 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,469 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 29, 2013 - 11:35 AM

yeah, if they meet with Dwight and Dwight asks it, it will happen.  But I think they want to be 200% sure of him re-signing before making that move.

Hopefully that's how it goes down, but i fear Dwight won't have the balls to be a "coach-killer" once again. 

#78 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,699 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 11:40 AM

Hopefully that's how it goes down, but i fear Dwight won't have the balls to be a "coach-killer" once again. 

Notice the Lakers have done EVERYTHING in their power to absolve Dwight from any blames whatsoever with franchise decisions? 

#79 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,854 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 09:10 AM

Farmar,kaman both are Phil type guys in my opinion

#80 Shooter871

Shooter871

Veteran

• 1,429 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 09:16 AM

Farmar,kaman both are Phil type guys in my opinion

Agree, Kaman is the opposite of a Dantoni type player. Cant move very well, good in the low block, and has a real nice jumpshot but not at the range Dantoni wants it.

:fisher: / :kobe: / :artest: / :pau: / :bynum:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users