#41 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,360 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 28, 2013 - 09:10 AM

We don't need PJ. He's just like any other head coach

I agree. Winning 11 rings is childs play.  I won 12 championships in NBA 2k13 on my ps3  like nothing. Whats the big hype about?

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#42 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,459 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 28, 2013 - 09:36 AM

Dirk didn't and LeBron didn't but i guess the Lakers can't win without him

#43 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,459 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 09:37 AM

Is the article and rumors comes from a Lakers fan? Because this is the dumbest thing I've heard.   Nice cheap tactics to give lakers fan some hope and meaning.

Better than a guuy just putting out negative rumors with no substance

#44 evil Monkey

evil Monkey

Rookie

• 418 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 28, 2013 - 12:48 PM

this guy.

Posted Image

L.E.G.I.T.

#45 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,801 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 28, 2013 - 01:10 PM

Phil is one of the greatest of all time we all know that but if he is the only coach this team will respond to then they are already lost as a team.  Honestly I think the team will be fine.  They just need to be healthy and of course Dwight to resign. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#46 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted June 28, 2013 - 01:32 PM

I agree, didn't he even go so far as to talking about knowing how to beat the Heat too? I don't know if I remember that right but I think we could have done great had D'Antoni not been hired. Like the Mike Brown hire, it didn't feel like the right fit for the team from the beginning (like the Chargers hiring Norv >.>)

jesus himself couldnt have saved last seasons team with all the injuries. i dont know how much better they would have been but they probably would have been better sooner. who knows though, maybe they would have been at a higher seed and avoided the kobe injury. what was it 3 different plays that looked like he was going to be injured that game? clearly he needed time off

Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#47 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted June 28, 2013 - 01:38 PM

Dirk didn't and LeBron didn't but i guess the Lakers can't win without him

How many seasons have Dirk Nowitzki and Lebron James logged here in LA?

Pau Gasol is GONE

#48 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,046 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted June 28, 2013 - 01:40 PM

I don't know perhaps because the bar has been set low with MDA, a hiring of Karl and Hollins would seem to me to be on the PJ level.

#49 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted June 28, 2013 - 01:42 PM

That's what I'm saying, there are a number of options better than Michael D'Antoni.

What I'll take to my grave is that the front office chose D'Antoni over PJ. That's gotta go down as one of the dumbest sports decisions of all time.

Edited by Windu, June 28, 2013 - 01:42 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#50 evil Monkey

evil Monkey

Rookie

• 418 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 28, 2013 - 02:00 PM

That's what I'm saying, there are a number of options better than Michael D'Antoni.

What I'll take to my grave is that the front office chose D'Antoni over PJ. That's gotta go down as one of the dumbest sports decisions of all time.

But PJ is just like any head coach, right? L0L.

Posted Image

L.E.G.I.T.

#51 LAKing85

LAKing85

Rookie

• 448 posts
  • Fan Since:89'
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe "Black Mamba" Bryant

Posted June 28, 2013 - 02:16 PM

Every Lakers fan or at least the true fans know that as long as MDA is the head coach of this team, they'll never compete for a title no matter how good the talent may be. I just hope Jim realizes this before the season starts and makes another mistake of going with another coach after the season starts. Phil could still be a long shot but whatever it takes to get him whether it's ownership stake, whatever just bring him back. Without Phil, the Lakers lose Dwight, waste the last few years of Kobe's career and the Lakers begin rebuilding for years to come. Jim needs to put his ego aside which he hasn't been able to do and make this move to save his father's franchise.

#52 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,223 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 28, 2013 - 02:55 PM

I don't see mark madsen being an antoni type. Hopefully those are signs of phil coming back. Just get antoni out of here forever. Fans will kill him each and every home game. Deservingly so

#53 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted June 28, 2013 - 03:46 PM

I don't see mark madsen being an antoni type. Hopefully those are signs of phil coming back. Just get antoni out of here forever. Fans will kill him each and every home game. Deservingly so

see even d'antoni himself knows he was the wrong choice lol. what will your new name be when he is fired?

Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#54 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,976 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 28, 2013 - 03:49 PM

see even d'antoni himself knows he was the wrong choice lol. what will your new name be when he is fired?

D'antoni's reaction to being selected as Lakers coach

"Are you kidding me?"

Steve Nash's reaction

"I really don't think he's the perfect fit"

And everyone thought Nash was joking when he said he preferred what Brown was doing by playing him off ball instead of in the pick and roll every time down.

Oh how the "experts" must feel when they said Nash was only "being nice" and "didn't mean it" and wasn't "trying to throw Brown under the bus."   :laughing:    Nash is one of the most honest players in the league when giving hos opinion, he would say the coach that he spent most of his career with isn't the perfect fit for "this" team.  But it was too late by then.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#55 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,732 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted June 28, 2013 - 09:59 PM

:hmm: How reliable is Yardbarker?

#56 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,567 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted June 28, 2013 - 10:02 PM

:hmm: How reliable is Yardbarker?

No one knows take it with a grain of salt

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#57 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,459 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 10:06 PM

I think they chose a head coach over Phil wanting a bigger role.

it seemed from all the media leaks like THAt was the story.

And suddenly Phil comes out and says he wants to do that.

I Like what Jim and Mitch have done , now what more does Phil want when he KNOWS Jerry Buss didn't really want the Lakers outside of his family. 

Jim was groomed for 12 years and he's not Jerry Jones, he's the owner. Who approves moves and writes checks. Mitch deserves loyalty.

#58 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 10:09 PM

Jim was groomed for 12 years and he's not Jerry Jones, he's the owner. Who approves moves and writes checks. Mitch deserves loyalty.

Ramona Shelbourne was on AM710 today and had some very interesting things to say about the power of the Lakers. 

Essentially, she said that Jeanie Buss is the owner of the Lakers.  She overlooks everything with the franchise. Her, Mitch, and Jim meet at least once a week to discuss whatever is going on.  Jim Buss is the basketball sides of things but Shelbourne said make no mistake about it, Jeanie is the owner of the franchise.  

As a result of that, Phil Jackson is entrenched within the franchise more so than the public perceives.  

#59 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,976 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 28, 2013 - 10:11 PM

Ramona Shelbourne was on AM710 today and had some very interesting things to say about the power of the Lakers. 

Essentially, she said that Jeanie Buss is the owner of the Lakers.  She overlooks everything with the franchise. Her, Mitch, and Jim meet at least once a week.  Jim Buss is the basketball sides of things but Shelbourne said make no mistake about it, Jeanie is the owner of the franchise. 

Combine that with the fact of the assistant coach we just got is probably the LAST guy D'antoni would ask for...  A Phil Jackson guy familiar with coaching and playing in the triangle that assistant coached at a team that runs that system as well as the 4 out 1 in(one of which Dwight is familiar with the other with which Dwight wants to play in)   no more than minutes after Gentry and Nate(whom we were ignoring) got their jobs after weeks of no talks.

After that I am nearly 99.9 percent sure that D'antoni has no input whatsoever on the personnel decisions and that Madsen as the D-league coach was just a smoke screen for in case Shaw was taken.

to be honest I haven't heard a darn thing about D'antoni lately or any decisions going forward he has with the team or personnel it's as if he .... doesn't exist.... :hmm:

Edited by Majesty, June 28, 2013 - 10:13 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#60 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 10:27 PM

For me personally, Im not sure what to make of the Madsen hiring. It could very well be a D'Antoni hiring but it's not clear.

Until we get an assistant coach hiring that has D'Antoni written all over it, I think it's okay to not completely rule out his firing in the coming days.

But once one of those hirings happen, if they happen, we have to come to grips that he's going to be the head coach moving forward.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users