I FREAKIN' WISH!

2hf753r.jpg

#22 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 27, 2013 - 11:17 AM

Unless something major happens (trade Pau for nothing, amnesty Kobe) not possible...

#23 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,284 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted June 27, 2013 - 11:19 AM

Why would he mention us tho, knowing we wont have anything to offer cept the Mini MLE

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#24 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 8,979 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Grant

Posted June 27, 2013 - 11:27 AM

Take the mini-mle, lol

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

#25 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 27, 2013 - 11:37 AM

Why would he mention us tho, knowing we wont have anything to offer cept the Mini MLE

Because he's probably assuming we'll lose Dwight for absolutely nothing, then amnesty Ron Artest to make room for him in a S&T (Jennings for Gasol).  But, we aren't going to lose BOTH of our bigs, and amnesty Ron, just for Jennings and a filler.

#26 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,721 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 27, 2013 - 12:08 PM

Nice to know there are players that still want to come to LA despite the coach
#WaiveWes

ezk2ds.jpg

#27 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,197 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 27, 2013 - 01:13 PM

Can't S&T for him because we are above the tax apron ($4 million above luxury tax), and he's not going to take our mini-MLE of $3 million or so.

We also can't structure a contract that increases so greatly from the first year (mini-MLE) to the second (what he wants).

It's not going to happen.

Why are we on his wishlist then? 

I have a feeling all these players that are interested in being here knows about our financial situation and aren't expecting us to amnesty Kobe just to get them.  

And if he expects us to lose Dwight why would he want to come here for less like that?  

I would figure Dwight is the bargaining chip.    Maybe he just wants to come home and is hoping for a bigger contract in 2014.   That seems the money year.

Edited by Majesty, June 27, 2013 - 01:14 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#28 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted June 27, 2013 - 02:22 PM

If he expects us to lose Dwight, it's likely he's going to get the money he wants, as long as we amnesty Ron and then make a trade for him (because, at that point, we'll be under the tax apron).

I'm just stating what is possible, and what isn't.  If Jennings wants to be here, and play alongside Howard and Kobe, he will have to take the mini-MLE.  There is no other way, unless we waive and/or trade everyone else and receive nothing in return for them.

If he wants to receive more money than that, from us, he has to hope that we either amnesty Kobe (which won't happen) and then trade Gasol for him and a filler...or we lose Howard, amnesty Ron, and then trade Gasol for him.

Chances are slim to none, overall.

#29 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,142 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 27, 2013 - 02:25 PM

not happening, this season is going to be another let down as I am positive Dwight walks.

Posted Image

#30 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,394 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted June 27, 2013 - 02:36 PM

Dunno why you guys want him anyway. He's a brickster and a half

#31 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,197 posts

Posted June 27, 2013 - 03:21 PM

If he expects us to lose Dwight, it's likely he's going to get the money he wants, as long as we amnesty Ron and then make a trade for him (because, at that point, we'll be under the tax apron).

I'm just stating what is possible, and what isn't.  If Jennings wants to be here, and play alongside Howard and Kobe, he will have to take the mini-MLE.  There is no other way, unless we waive and/or trade everyone else and receive nothing in return for them.

If he wants to receive more money than that, from us, he has to hope that we either amnesty Kobe (which won't happen) and then trade Gasol for him and a filler...or we lose Howard, amnesty Ron, and then trade Gasol for him.

Chances are slim to none, overall.

yeah I know. 

Him signing the mMLE to play alongside Dwight and Kobe is a long shot but if it happened I'd be very happy.  

I'm guessing whether or not we draft a PG tonight could be telling.

#32 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,703 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted June 28, 2013 - 12:17 PM

Bucks Plan To Match Any Offer Sheet For Brandon Jennings

Brandon+Jennings+Milwaukee+Bucks+v+Miami

By Charles F. Gardner of the Journal Sentinel

Bucks general manager John Hammond said the team will be aggressive in trying to sign point guard Brandon Jennings to a long-term contract when the league's free agency period opens Monday.

The Bucks already have made a $4.3 million qualifying offer to Jennings to retain the right to match any other offers for the restricted free agent.

Jennings has been the Bucks starting point guard since he was selected 10th overall in the 2009 draft. He played in all but two games last season and averaged 17.5 points and a career-best 6.5 assists. He had a streak of 182 consecutive games played before sitting out two games late in the regular season.

"It's our intention for Brandon Jennings to remain a Milwaukee Buck," Hammond said Friday. "We're hoping to negotiate with him fairly through the July process.

"At the conclusion of our negotiations if we have not reached a deal and they choose to go out and seek an opportunity in the open market, our intention then would still be to match."

http://www.jsonline..../213541771.html

#33 hipster.doofus7

hipster.doofus7

Rookie

• 66 posts
  • Fan Since:1983
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted June 28, 2013 - 12:30 PM

Brandon Jennings will not join the Lakers as a mini MLE.  He's a restricted free agent.  If he signs an offer sheet at such a ridiculous bargain, the Bucks will just match the offer sheet and laugh at him.  Jennings will look silly having locked himself into a mini-MLE contract for Milwaukee.

#34 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,197 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 12:58 PM

Brandon Jennings actually said that if the Bucks match offer sheets to make him stay with the Bucks if he wants to leave that will seal the deal and that it will be his "last" year with the organization.

So if they do that expect Miami to go after him in 2014

Edited by Majesty, June 28, 2013 - 12:58 PM.

#35 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,327 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted June 29, 2013 - 06:16 AM

Why would MIA go after him? They already have the best PG in gm LBJ & top 10 in Wade

Brandon Jennings actually said that if the Bucks match offer sheets to make him stay with the Bucks if he wants to leave that will seal the deal and that it will be his "last" year with the organization.

So if they do that expect Miami to go after him in 2014

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#36 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,231 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted June 29, 2013 - 06:27 AM

no thanks on Jennings...

one of the most inefficient players in recent memory...

other then having the same last name as me... nothing going for him

#37 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,523 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted June 29, 2013 - 07:39 AM

Because most of them don't pay attention to much outside of Sportscenter highlights and Lakers games.

Dunno why you guys want him anyway. He's a brickster and a half

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#38 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,327 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted June 29, 2013 - 08:43 AM

cause he can play, plays solid defense, can create for others & himself, is hungry to win, & will be much more productive when he has other quality players around where he is not expected to do everything for team to win.

Because most of them don't pay attention to much outside of Sportscenter highlights and Lakers games.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#39 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,523 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted June 29, 2013 - 10:32 AM

He has talent no doubt and is actually one of the more underrated defenders at the PG position.  Problem is he isnt good at much else but shot creating.  He is not a good creator for others and is very poor at running an offense.  He's been the same player since he came into the league.  He could improve with the right coach and time to develop but with the way the Lakers build teams he would be a poor fit and fans here do not have the patience for a player to "figure it out".  There is a reason why they did not extend him when they had the chance.  They know teams arent going to offer him what Steph Curry, Ty Lawson and Jrue Holiday got. So the Bucks now can match the 3 year 25 Mil or so offers he is going to get this offseason.

cause he can play, plays solid defense, can create for others & himself, is hungry to win, & will be much more productive when he has other quality players around where he is not expected to do everything for team to win.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#40 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,514 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 10:34 AM

I want the Compton Baller.

┬íHala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users