61 replies to this topic

#41 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,895 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 27, 2013 - 01:50 PM

Don't  you guys KNOw that Phil was a mark madsen type player.

STARS and BIG NAMES aren't the best coaches, its usually role players like Mad Dog, who was only in the league because they KNEW the game

#42 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,397 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 27, 2013 - 01:58 PM

And now I get the feeling him being the D-league coach was just a smoke screen :laughing:

This smells like a setup from jump street.

The two "D'antoni guys" are available for WEEKS, and get assistants jobs because no real head coaching jobs were being offered.  Yet if D'antoni is in control they'd have been hired on jump street.  

Then mere minutes after they are unavailable Madsen gets an instant promotion to become our assistant coach

Madsen, who played under Phil, knows the triangle, and was an assistant coach at Stanford where both the men and the women run the triangle offense just "happened" to be there.  

This whole thing wreaks of Phil,  :laughing:  and it makes me feel more and more like D'antoni has no control whatsoever on these decisions :laughing:

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#43 El Diablo

El Diablo

U Mad?

• 5,232 posts
  • Name:El Diablo
  • Fan Since:Birth aka 1990
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson and Kobe Bryant

Posted June 27, 2013 - 01:59 PM

Why is everyone so mad about this? You guys realize he isn't playing right?

Posted Image

#44 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,980 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 27, 2013 - 02:04 PM

Something about this feels like a Phil Jackson recommendation for something in the near future.

#45 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,397 posts

Posted June 27, 2013 - 02:05 PM

Something about this feels like a Phil Jackson recommendation for something in the near future.

I agree again. :bounce:

Laying the seeds for another BShaw?  Since we couldn't get Brian. 

Brian who the front office was waiting on to see if he'd get hired as a head coach.  But did. 

Gentry and nate being pretty much ignored for the past few weeks of inactivity on jobs offered to them.

And then another Phil guy that knows the triangle and was an assistant coach at a school that runs the triangle getting hired as an assistant.

Nothing of this move says D'antoni to me.

Edited by Majesty, June 27, 2013 - 02:07 PM.

#46 fido

fido

• 10,980 posts

Posted June 27, 2013 - 02:10 PM

Byron Scott is still floating out there too.

What is going on?!  You and me agreed 3 times in the last 2 days!  It's gonna be raining frogs here pretty soon!  :laughing:

#47 trillionaire

trillionaire

Rookie

• 104 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted June 27, 2013 - 02:10 PM

What if Phil had somethin to do with Madsen coming in? Isn't he doing work 4 us?

#48 fido

fido

• 10,980 posts

Posted June 27, 2013 - 02:14 PM

That's what we're saying trillionaire.

This does not feel like a D'Antoni inspired hire.

#49 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,456 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted June 27, 2013 - 02:16 PM

What are you guys talking about brian shaw is not out there floating he's the head coach for the nuggets now
Posted Image

#50 fido

fido

• 10,980 posts

Posted June 27, 2013 - 02:23 PM

I didn't say Brian Shaw - I said Byron Scott.

#51 avcpl

avcpl

Rookie

• 782 posts
  • Fan Since:since my dad took me to see "Wilt the Stilt" at the Forum
  • Fav. Laker:whoever wins the next game

Posted June 27, 2013 - 02:34 PM

I agree again. :bounce:

Laying the seeds for another BShaw?  Since we couldn't get Brian. 

Brian who the front office was waiting on to see if he'd get hired as a head coach.  But did. 

Gentry and nate being pretty much ignored for the past few weeks of inactivity on jobs offered to them.

And then another Phil guy that knows the triangle and was an assistant coach at a school that runs the triangle getting hired as an assistant.

Nothing of this move says D'antoni to me.

Exactly. If the Lakers were truly "all in" on MDA and see him as the coach of the future, they would be getting his guys--asst. coaches and players.    MDA + Madsen makes no sense, but Phil + Madsen makes perfect sense. Another "Rambis" type, smart, hustle, that Phil could work with.

The trump card for the Lakers is going to be PJ. There is no way Dwight turns down a chance to be coached by him. 

Phil will get say in player personnel, which will be huge after this year with all the cap space. And the announcement that Phil and Howard are back will propel the Lakers to the top of the conversation over the next year, because everyone will be speculating which free agents are going to want to join them. 

It can't be about the money because you amnesty Metta and the luxury tax savings make up for a lot of anything lost on MDA. Plus keeping the Lakers relevant keeps income flowing.

Use this year to learn the triangle and adjust to playing with two big men the RIGHT WAY. Get some top guys next year. Kobe and Pau will resign at reasonable rates.

#52 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,397 posts

Posted June 27, 2013 - 03:19 PM

Exactly. If the Lakers were truly "all in" on MDA and see him as the coach of the future, they would be getting his guys--asst. coaches and players.    MDA + Madsen makes no sense, but Phil + Madsen makes perfect sense. Another "Rambis" type, smart, hustle, that Phil could work with.

The trump card for the Lakers is going to be PJ. There is no way Dwight turns down a chance to be coached by him. 

Phil will get say in player personnel, which will be huge after this year with all the cap space. And the announcement that Phil and Howard are back will propel the Lakers to the top of the conversation over the next year, because everyone will be speculating which free agents are going to want to join them. 

It can't be about the money because you amnesty Metta and the luxury tax savings make up for a lot of anything lost on MDA. Plus keeping the Lakers relevant keeps income flowing.

Use this year to learn the triangle and adjust to playing with two big men the RIGHT WAY. Get some top guys next year. Kobe and Pau will resign at reasonable rates.

Remember a few weeks ago when Phil said if he was in charge of personnel he would bring in certain people he trusted that could run things and were familiar?

He mentioned Shaw, but Madsen seems to fit the mold too with Shaw not available, Phil being a consultant and giving input on ways to "improve the team" having an assistant like Madsen was a good move.    And Madsen is no scrub assistant either, he was very schooled and an assistant at Stanford where they run the triangle.

I'm not pissed at this move at all because I think Phil had everything to do with it, if not Brian Shaw he got Mark Madsen.  If Madsen gets some years under his belt as an assistant he could very well be our next BShaw in terms of coaching and I wouldn't mind seeing it as he does seem to be well liked by players.

He also promises to dance once more if we win a Championship :laughing:   What more motivation do we need.  :bounce:

• 40,416 posts

Posted June 27, 2013 - 04:18 PM

i think we're starting clean. Dwight's gone, tank for Wiggins

With Kobe on the team? Right. That'll happen.

I'm done for today.

Bye.

You're a mod. You can't be done. 

He's right WC. You must fulfill your duty. You owe it to us.

Just fire the damn coach, sign Dwight, and then get someone solid in 2014. It's really not that hard. 

For our front office it is.

So when is Slava Medvedenko returning???

I'm down for that. Maybe he can bring us a few more classic & memorable moments such as these gems:

What did you post here? I can't seem to see anything, much like my username.

ughhh ...looks like we might be keeping MDA.

At this point, the signs are all too depressingly overwhelming.

I didn't say Brian Shaw - I said Byron Scott.

Right. Byron Scott will be the one to save this franchise.

yo.

#54 fido

fido

• 10,980 posts

Posted June 27, 2013 - 04:23 PM

Look smart alec, I didn't say Byron Scott would save he franchise I said he is still floating out there.

Watch the attitude kid.

• 40,416 posts

Posted June 27, 2013 - 04:30 PM

^ I ain't even gonna' go the "u mad bro" route on you, I'm too smart for that, lol, but yeah, I'm a 24 year old kid alright. Forever young (decent film by Mel Gib by the way back in the day & nice usage in Napoleon Dynamite) . Thanks for the compliment. There is no "attitude" to the level you seem to be insinuating. You just misjudged its level, but it's fine. I just gotta' be wiser with who I'm responding to and their sensitivities. That's not a knock in any way for the record, simply an experienced observation through time. My apologies sir.

yo.

#56 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

Pineapple winner!

• 1,795 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 27, 2013 - 04:35 PM

You're only 24? Damn,I had a feeling you're like 40  :laughing:

Impossible is nothing.

• 40,416 posts

Posted June 27, 2013 - 04:38 PM

^ Not sure if sarcastic or not, but if not, thanks. I suppose I have extremes of both sides at times. I can definitely be very childish I admit many times, but it's simply in my nature to have a little fun from time to time and lighten up the mood, but at the same time, I do also like to have serious, deep, & mature conversations from time to time as well. I try to mix it up. Not gonna' please everyone as always, but I am who I am.

So who will coach the D-league team now?

Only D'Antoni's brother, Dan, remains from his 2012-13 staff

What does Dan do exactly? Anyone?

Edited by    , June 27, 2013 - 04:39 PM.

yo.

#58 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,339 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 27, 2013 - 04:45 PM

So who will coach the D-league team now?

What does Dan do exactly? Anyone?

He cleans the toilets.

Edited by Chad, June 27, 2013 - 04:46 PM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#59 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

Pineapple winner!

• 1,795 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 27, 2013 - 04:46 PM

^

No sarcasm whatsoever. You're very mature for your age then. 

Impossible is nothing.

#60 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,771 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 27, 2013 - 05:27 PM

^ I ain't even gonna' go the "u mad bro" route on you, I'm too smart for that, lol, but yeah, I'm a 24 year old kid alright. Forever young (decent film by Mel Gib by the way back in the day & nice usage in Napoleon Dynamite) . Thanks for the compliment. There is no "attitude" to the level you seem to be insinuating. You just misjudged its level, but it's fine. I just gotta' be wiser with who I'm responding to and their sensitivities. That's not a knock in any way for the record, simply an experienced observation through time. My apologies sir.

Chicano why you so mean to Fido?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users