Photo

Portland calls Clippers about a LaMarcus Aldridge deal

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

• 40,604 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 07:46 PM

I dont see why Portland would do this. LA and Lillard seem to have the potential to be a force in the years to come. Saying they want to get rid of their all star pf to get a back up for lillard? This just doesnt make any sense.

It does if maybe you were more aware of the facts.

http://lakernation.c...d/#entry1369380

LA has forced their hand. Why do you wanna' keep a disgruntled player who mentally isn't gonna' be all there for you?

yo.

#22 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,047 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted June 26, 2013 - 07:52 PM

I don't remember the source, but I remember ESPN nearing the regular season end Aldridge had commented about playing in Texas, Dallas I think. Even Skip commenting on his impact next to Nowitzki. I think most of these rumors came when the losses piled up and he got frustrated

I think it would be dumb of him to leave, Lillard is coming up, they have a decent cast with Batum, Hickson, and Matthews. Again not great but certainly competitive and he would be the franchise player.

• 40,604 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 07:55 PM

^ Yeah, but maybe he doesn't wanna' be the "franchise player" anymore and it wouldn't surprise me if that's the case. Some guys after a while just realize they don't wanna' be "that guy". Some guys are simply more comfortable being the #2 or #3 and I think LaMarcus would excel more in one of those roles as opposed to being "the guy" if you ask me. He doesn't have enough dog in him to be the number one.

yo.

#24 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,027 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 26, 2013 - 07:56 PM

It does if maybe you were more aware of the facts.

http://lakernation.c...d/#entry1369380

LA has forced their hand. Why do you wanna' keep a disgruntled player who mentally isn't gonna' be all there for you?

Was up at school all day, must of missed the topic, thanks for the look out.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#25 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,047 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 08:07 PM

I wasn't even aware he brought up Chicago as his prime destination, him getting swapped for Boozer, and LA playing next to Rose and Noah, pretty potent. Granted Chicago would really have to sweeten that package, but that would be a trio that would panic Miami, more so than him in LAC.

#26 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 26, 2013 - 08:15 PM

If they're gonna trade him to Chicago they need to get Noah... Than go after a PF ... I think they have enough money to sign a decent player.

OD_zpsef7494d9.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#27 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,027 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 08:28 PM

I wasn't even aware he brought up Chicago as his prime destination, him getting swapped for Boozer, and LA playing next to Rose and Noah, pretty potent. Granted Chicago would really have to sweeten that package, but that would be a trio that would panic Miami, more so than him in LAC.

I dont think the word panic is the right one, but rather frighten them. If roy hibbert went off for 23 and 12 against MIA what do you think LA would do in a 7 game series with rose running the show? He could very well be a 30 and 15 guy in that type of situation.

#28 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,047 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 08:28 PM

I'd still keep Noah over him, I know LA is more skilled in other areas. But without an energetic player in the post like Noah, dumping more assignments on LA would just hamper him and the Bulls, without both together the whole point is lost. Pretty much the same why players like Anthony Davis and Brook Lopez play better, most of the grit and grind is handled by other players.

#29 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,027 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 08:34 PM

I'd still keep Noah over him, I know LA is more skilled in other areas. But without an energetic player in the post like Noah, dumping more assignments on LA would just hamper him and the Bulls, without both together the whole point is lost. Pretty much the same why players like Anthony Davis and Brook Lopez play better, most of the grit and grind is handled by other players.

Yea but the thought was to package boozer and something else to get LA in order to keep the core of Noah, rose, deng, and now LA in tact. You put that team on the court and you have a serious champion contender and a team in the east that actually has a shot to beat the heat.

#30 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 489 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted June 26, 2013 - 08:38 PM

I dont see why Portland would do this. LA and Lillard seem to have the potential to be a force in the years to come. Saying they want to get rid of their all star pf to get a back up for lillard? This just doesnt make any sense.

Eh i don't think they'll post any threat even after couple of years together. Seems to me like a less talented version of Garnett and Marbury.

#31 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,047 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 08:41 PM

I would be surprised if Portland agreed to ship LA for Boozer, Chicago would literally kill two birds with one stone. Portland will definitely push for Noah, Gibson (maybe Butler) and whatever else to balance the numbers. The Deng factor is interesting as well.

#32 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,027 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 08:41 PM

Eh i don't think they'll post any threat even after couple of years together. Seems to me like a less talented version of Garnett and Marbury.

Maybe, but if the pieces are put around them they can become a pretty solid team. Their gonna be a nice one two punch to say the least, but your right them alone is not enough to really get the job done.

• 40,604 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 08:47 PM

Was up at school all day, must of missed the topic, thanks for the look out.

I wasn't even aware he brought up Chicago as his prime destinatio.

Mods should probably merge the two threads.

yo.

#34 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,490 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 26, 2013 - 09:40 PM

LA wouldn't be a Heat killer. He is a center and not that tough. hibbert is a LEGIT BIG MAN

#35 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,027 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 09:49 PM

LA wouldn't be a Heat killer. He is a center and not that tough. hibbert is a LEGIT BIG MAN

Hibbert avged 12 and 8 in the regular season and that jumped up to 23 and 12 against the heat. His post game is lacking and really isnt that over powering, his offense game comes from being really tall and being able to get better looks at the basket. I would pick LA who can hit a mid range jumper and has post moves to be more effective. The heat made hibbert look like a legit big man, but like I said he avged 12 and 8 on 45% shooting in the regular season, please tell me how that is legit big man numbers? Even if he has just 12 points you can say that is from touches but a terrible shooting percentage for a guy that is 7'2. The heat made him look like kareem down low, a real low post player, ala Z bo and we saw it with duncan as well when the spurs actually ran through him, you can destroy the heat down low. LA would be able to do a variety of things against the heat, much more of an offensive game then hibbert by miles.

#36 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,047 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 10:00 PM

LA doesn't have to be a Heat killer, but his abilities add an entire new level to a Chicago team that poses a real threat. Besides if anything, we learned that any decent big excels against the Heat's average front line. Couple that with Noah's energy and rebounding, Deng and Butlers perimeter defense and Rose, very dangerous. Plus LA would be a major offensive upgrade over Boozer, at times Chicago can have some dry spells even with Rose.

Still I wonder where there are other possibilities for him?

Edited by Ven21, June 26, 2013 - 10:09 PM.

#37 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,883 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 27, 2013 - 02:16 AM

aldridge for griffin NO ! clippers will become so strong.

33bkfif.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users