#61 SuPeRmAoR

SuPeRmAoR

TLN's ballerist

• 2,476 posts
  • Name:Maor
  • Fan Since:4 years old
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted June 26, 2013 - 01:07 PM

What is this orlando? This is pathetic. Hes lucky to be a Laker not the other way around. I would have liked to see them try to pull crap like this when Jerry was here

jpg2mw.jpg

"Dante Exum will be an NBA All Star by the 2018 NBA Season" - Supermaor23 3/10/14

#62 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,338 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 26, 2013 - 01:09 PM

Yeah let's not show support at all to the guy we want as our franchise player.

Let's not hang a banner at all so all of you can complain that we didn't do anything to show we appreciated him if he leaves.

Some people always need something to complain about.

I see no issue with this.    This was Jeanie's decision by the way, you dissing her?  The one that half of you claim you wanted taking Jim's position?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#63 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 6,001 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted June 26, 2013 - 01:17 PM

My opinion on the banner has nothing to do with whether I want him to re-up or not (which I actually don't,but that's a different discussion). Anyway this banner helps but does very little. Quite honestly they could have done without it. You wanna know what really will work? The actual inevitable meeting. What are our plans for Dwight? How is a coach who doesn't want to post up supposed to get the best of me (Dwight?) What are the plans for 2014? These are things that will actually help and be important. This banner is pretty irrelevant but hey it doesn't hurt right? 

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#64 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,486 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted June 26, 2013 - 01:20 PM

If D12s decides to sign elsewhere this banner will forever be a black eye on the franchise. Should of hung a banner that said #KobesHouse or #GetWell24 or #16xChamps.
If D12 wanted to stay and the FO knew he was going to this begging banner never goes up.
We showed our cards. We showed weakness and D12 dependency. This banner doesn't influence D12 or more importantly his agent. It only makes us look the fool if he moves on.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#65 InterNLakerNajkihh

InterNLakerNajkihh

Rookie

• 389 posts
  • Name:Besnik
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 26, 2013 - 01:21 PM

are we THAT desperate ? Begging a dude? Man [expletive] him , [expletive] a dwight , he should feel lucky to be part of this franchise

#66 SuPeRmAoR

SuPeRmAoR

TLN's ballerist

• 2,476 posts
  • Name:Maor
  • Fan Since:4 years old

Posted June 26, 2013 - 01:24 PM

If D12s decides to sign elsewhere this banner will forever be a black eye on the franchise. Should of hung a banner that said #KobesHouse or #GetWell24 or #16xChamps.
If D12 wanted to stay and the FO knew he was going to this begging banner never goes up.
We showed our cards. We showed weakness and D12 dependency. This banner doesn't influence D12 or more importantly his agent. It only makes us look the fool if he moves on.

This +1

jpg2mw.jpg

"Dante Exum will be an NBA All Star by the 2018 NBA Season" - Supermaor23 3/10/14

#67 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,338 posts

Are you serious? 

:laughing:

Yeah let's hang a banner called #KOBESHOUSE

So that fans can then complain that if Dwight left that our franchise was stupid and should have been embracing D12 as we'd kept telling him that he'd be the franchise and how the banner was a "slap in the face" of him.

#68 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,284 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

You can be as high and mighty as you want Basketball IQ, but this is pitiful.

It's not about being uninformed, it's about the league's most storied organization having respect for itself.

#69 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,338 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 01:28 PM

This unfortunately is the era that we are in with basketball.

It's all social media things.

Cleveland did it for LeBron.

Miami is going to do this for LeBron in the 2014 season.

Orlando did it for Dwight.

The Knicks are gonna do it for Carmelo

The Pacers are gonna do it for George.

If twitter was around back when Kobe was a free agent we would have done it for him too.

The Bulls would have done it for Michael

This is the era of social media and it is nothing new.  We've seen it before and we'll see it after.    Especially if that player is a franchise player.   No team is exempt, not even ours.  And we just happen to have a guy that is a franchise player we want to remain on the team.

See no problem with it whatsoever.

#70 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,338 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 01:30 PM

Anyone else think this was inspired by Kobe's tweet at the end of the season?

Kobe Bryant     @kobebryant

Interesting off season looming.. Will spend time with d12 #stay

#71 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,394 posts
  • Name:Gary

Posted June 26, 2013 - 01:30 PM

This unfortunately is the era that we are in with basketball.

It's all social media things.

Cleveland did it for LeBron.

Miami is going to do this for LeBron in the 2014 season.

Orlando did it for Dwight.

The Knicks are gonna do it for Carmelo

The Pacers are gonna do it for George.

If twitter was around back when Kobe was a free agent we would have done it for him too.

The Bulls would have done it for Michael

This is the era of social media and it is nothing new.  We've seen it before and we'll see it after.    Especially if that player is a franchise player.   No team is exempt, not even ours.  And we just happen to have a guy that is a franchise player we want to remain on the team.

See no problem with it whatsoever.

100% agree

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#72 CaliforniaSoul

CaliforniaSoul

Off The Bench

• 1,588 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted June 26, 2013 - 01:31 PM

I honestly can't believe people are overreacting so much to a stupid banner. Who cares.

#73 HQLLYWQQD

HQLLYWQQD

Rookie

• 408 posts
  • Name:Scott
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted June 26, 2013 - 01:34 PM

The rules of engagement have changed in the NBA..

With the new CBA.. We have to panhandle just like everyone else..

Whatever it takes I guess..

#74 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,486 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted June 26, 2013 - 01:34 PM

Are you serious?

:laughing:

Yeah let's hang a banner called #KOBESHOUSE

So that fans can then complain that if Dwight left that our franchise was stupid and should have been embracing D12 as we'd kept telling him that he'd be the franchise and how the banner was a "slap in the face" of him.

I believe wed have a better chance to sign D12 by showing the franchise has strength and direction. Not weakness and confusion as where were going. They might as well have hung a banner that read #D12orScrewed.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#75 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,338 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 01:41 PM

I believe wed have a better chance to sign D12 by showing the franchise has strength and direction. Not weakness and confusion as where were going. They might as well have hung a banner that read #D12orScrewed.

How would we do that? When we can't make a move till he decides whether he wants to stay or not?   

Showing the franchise has strength by not showing support ....  

Because support = weakness.  

makes perfect sense...

Whether you want to admit it or not OUR FUTURE as a franchise for the next 5 years hinges on him coming back.

If we want to support him by hanging a banner you support him by hanging a banner.

Would you have complained if we did the same for Magic, Kareem, Kobe, Shaq when/if they became unrestricted free agents? 

Nobody's gonna say "I left that franchise cause they was weak by showing me such support."

Seriously?

Edited by Majesty, June 26, 2013 - 01:42 PM.

#76 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,173 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 01:43 PM

I still have hope in me that if the Lakers have to fire Mike D'Antoni to keep Dwight, they will. Dwight leaving the Lakers would hurt this team both basketball wise AND from a business standpoint. 

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#77 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,486 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 01:48 PM

Did the Yankees need to hang a banner that said #StayArod? No! Because Steinbrenner would never make the Yanks seem as if they were dependent on any single player. The Yanks are bigger than a star player. Their historic. The name Yankees is iconic compared to a single future HOF player. The team is legendary. The same principals apply to the Lakers. Icons dont plead. Were the 16xchamp Lakers not the 1x Pacific Div Champ Clippers. That banner is a disgrace and dare I say it but Dr. Jerry Buss is face palming in his grave right now. The banner is an indication of poor leader ship. That is what the bigger problem is.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#78 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,072 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 01:52 PM

8313c306de9b11e2939222000a9f1385_7.jpg

http://instagram.com/p/bCO81xLO1t/

#79 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,486 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 01:54 PM

How would we do that? When we can't make a move till he decides whether he wants to stay or not?   
Showing the franchise has strength by not showing support ....  
Because support = weakness.  
makes perfect sense...
Whether you want to admit it or not OUR FUTURE as a franchise for the next 5 years hinges on him coming back.
If we want to support him by hanging a banner you support him by hanging a banner.
Would you have complained if we did the same for Magic, Kareem, Kobe, Shaq when/if they became unrestricted free agents? 
Nobody's gonna say "I left that franchise cause they was weak by showing me such support."
Seriously?

Then explain the multiple billboards in Orlando. The biggest right on I4 that also begged D12 to stay. Explain the D12Magic.com website with thousands of fans writing to D12 to stay. Explain the full front page of the Orlando Sentinel that read ORLANDO LOVES YOU DWIGHT. What was the result?

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#80 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,284 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 26, 2013 - 01:58 PM

The "NBA has changed" thing doesn't fly.

Where is the banner begging Chris Paul to stay if this the way it's done now?

This is a desperate move from a clearly lost Laker organization.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users