290 replies to this topic

#21 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,224 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 26, 2013 - 09:29 AM

You're a [expletive]ing idiot for making a comment like that. 

Go ahead, report me to all my fellow mods about it too.  I don't give a [expletive].  I don't screw around with stupid comments like that. 

holly [expletive]. I guess I hit a nerve

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#22 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,104 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 26, 2013 - 09:32 AM

I think people watch FAR too much ESPN.

I think they don't know about the Nick van Exel era.

In a league with MJ,Hakeem,Malone,Ewing,Tim Hardaway,Gary Payton,Reggie Miller,John Stockton,etc, we had Nick Van Exel, and that was Jerry Buss and Jerry West's guy.

The Lakers have NEVER been perfect.

What they have been is a team who gets stars.

Whether i be Magic, Kareem and Worthy or Shaq and kobe or Kobe and Pau or Dwight Howard and Kobe and Pau.

It was not our year to win, but please stop trying to project your desires upon others. If you are a fan of the Lakers because you like the Lakers, you should be able to hang in there when things don't look so good.

Kobe is still positive, he knows that THIS isn't management giving him Smush and Kwame, so it's ON HIM in some ways too.

Im mean IMAGINE if LeBron had these players, you think we would give DWIGHT HOWARD the blame for this season? Spolstra? Injuries?

We would be calling out LeBron for cheating and getting what he deserves with the injuries around him and so forth.

thiis move is about HELPING Kobe get to his 6th potentially and helping this organization get to 18+.

thats it.

#23 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,104 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 26, 2013 - 09:34 AM

Ugh, a bunch of NERDY Gae of Throne fans who want so BAD that Jim Buss be like the little annoying character on that show.

It's shaping their minds , with first Take and Stephen A Smith's idiotic obsession with jim Buss, unlike ANY other owner.

#24 JasonWll

JasonWll

Rookie

• 236 posts
  • Fan Since:Ever
  • Fav. Laker:Earvin Magic Johnson

Posted June 26, 2013 - 09:38 AM

So whats next? They going to gather a bunch of celebrities that are lakers fans and start singing songs begging Dwight to stay?  Am I the only person who doesn't like this move? Probably.  If the Lakers truely want D12 to stay, they should talk to D12 and asked him what he wants and what needs to be done just like how the Clippers are doing and fire that MDA.  You dont see Clippers posting up banners begging for CP3 to stay.  They do things behind the scenes to convinced CP3 of why he should stay. You think D12 will changed his mind just because he sees a banner outside of stable center?

No, you're not the only one.

Are we the [expletive]ing Los Angeles Bobcats now? We don't ask anyone to stay!

Guys used to take less money to come here! Now, we can pay him more than anybody else can and are pleading him to stay?

I want him to want to stay! If he doesn't want to stay... [expletive] him!

Posted Image

#25 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,224 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

I seriously can't believe people actually want him to leave...morons.

EyMlHkX.jpg

#26 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,951 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

holly shiatz. I guess I hit a nerve

You're about to hit two, bud, you can't go using cancer patients to make a point.... my 3 year old nephew has cancer and is dying.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#27 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,224 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 26, 2013 - 09:39 AM

I think people watch FAR too much ESPN.

I think they don't know about the Nick van Exel era.

In a league with MJ,Hakeem,Malone,Ewing,Tim Hardaway,Gary Payton,Reggie Miller,John Stockton,etc, we had Nick Van Exel, and that was Jerry Buss and Jerry West's guy.

The Lakers have NEVER been perfect.

What they have been is a team who gets stars.

Whether i be Magic, Kareem and Worthy or Shaq and kobe or Kobe and Pau or Dwight Howard and Kobe and Pau.

It was not our year to win, but please stop trying to project your desires upon others. If you are a fan of the Lakers because you like the Lakers, you should be able to hang in there when things don't look so good.

Kobe is still positive, he knows that THIS isn't management giving him Smush and Kwame, so it's ON HIM in some ways too.

Im mean IMAGINE if LeBron had these players, you think we would give DWIGHT HOWARD the blame for this season? Spolstra? Injuries?

We would be calling out LeBron for cheating and getting what he deserves with the injuries around him and so forth.

thiis move is about HELPING Kobe get to his 6th potentially and helping this organization get to 18+.

thats it.

I went to more Lakers games when the Elden Campell, Sedal Threat, Cedric and Tony Smith era than when the Lakers had Kobe. Mostly because tickets a lot cheaper back then. But in any case. dont tell me I'm not a fan and Im not patients.. I hated Jordan with a passion in the 90's. I was patient and waiting for a big splash. But this thread is nothing to do with patients. This thread is about the Lakers being desperate and willing to stoop this low.  You should question their patients.  I know you're a MDA fan so I wouldnt want to get into that with you but the Lakers are not doing anything to help eased the patient for fans this off seasons so far. Now they just being desperate.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#28 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 26, 2013 - 09:55 AM

Seems kind of desperate. 

The North Remembers

#29 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,877 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 26, 2013 - 09:57 AM

The ignorant fans who think we'd be better off without him honestly have little to no knowledge of the game of basketball.  I've yet to read those Facebook posts, and I really don't care to, but I can only imagine what is being said.

As far as the banner goes, I really don't care.  To me, it's showing a bit of desperation...but what fans aren't realizing is that Howard is very close to landing in Houston.  The Rockets are trying to deal Thomas Robinson today, for the 20th pick in the draft...but more importantly, to create wiggle room so they can offer Dwight the max.  They know something.

I think it was TLF, or Chicano, that asked me where I thought he'd land back when we were swept.  My answer has been Houston the entire time, and I hope I'm wrong...but if I was Dwight, I would have already made the decision to pack my bags and go (putting bias aside here).

If we lose Dwight, it's another year wasted with Kobe on our roster...and we are still in "win now" mode, since we will have cap room next summer.  If we fall apart and miss the playoffs next season, suddenly, we will start losing free agents to a team like the Clippers, who just landed a coach that is 10 times better than ours.  Rivers is a player's coach, and he's also a champion.  He's not Phil or Pop, but he's still considered one of the better coaches in the game right now.

We won't get past a Howard, Harden, and Parsons trio...and that won't be the only team we have to worry about.  Another first round sweep looks awful for us...two in a row, then a sweep vs. Dallas in 2011, and one game away from a sweep in 2012.

We can't lose Dwight this summer.  There's nobody to replace him.  Earl Clark and Jordan Hill aren't all-stars, and Gasol is one year older than he was last summer.  Whatever helps keep Howard here for another 3-4 years has to be considered.

#30 soldier4death

soldier4death

Makaveli Trained GS

• 910 posts
  • Name:Ruben
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Me

Posted June 26, 2013 - 10:00 AM

Don't worry he will stay at Staples.

#31 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 920 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted June 26, 2013 - 10:05 AM

I don't understand why you guys are all like "wow we stooped so low..."

We live in an era where the Clippers changed coaches to keep CP3. In an era where Cleveland bent over backwords to try and keep LeBron. The players today don't have such a patriotic loyalty as they used to. The players today are morally weak. They are in need of attention. They need to have their egoes fulfilled anytime they have a doubt.

Now imagine how it must feel for Dwight, seeing all the other teams moving around players, amnestying to shed cap space, and basically offering him everything he wants just to join their team, while the Lakers aren't doing anything to keep him.

If Jeanie thinks a banner on her stadium is going to make him feel wanted and satisfied, then you do it to secure the best center in the game.... stop whining about the "Laker pride", which doesn't really exist anymore. We are in a Miami Heat era, and need to get our throne back. These little details don't matter.

#32 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,493 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted June 26, 2013 - 10:06 AM

The ignorant fans who think we'd be better off without him honestly have little to no knowledge of the game of basketball.  I've yet to read those Facebook posts, and I really don't care to, but I can only imagine what is being said.

What FB post are you talking about? I havnt seen anyone on here that wants D12 to go.  But if he does then F him. We cant control whatever the inevitable is to come. But I dont want to look like Orlado last season who did all this hoopla PR circus crap and then he bounced anyway....lol. And I dont expect KB to play much this season. 

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#33 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,073 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 10:10 AM

I suggest you don't ever read them. Comments left on anything that's posted on the Lakers FB page are usually rather questionable heh..

#34 KobeBeef24

KobeBeef24

O' Canada!

• 1,258 posts
  • Fan Since:2007
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, MWP, Swaggy P, LO, Pau

What FB post are you talking about? I havnt seen anyone on here that wants D12 to go.  But if he does then F him. We cant control whatever the inevitable is to come. But I dont want to look like Orlado last season who did all this hoopla PR circus crap and then he bounced anyway....lol. And I dont expect KB to play much this season. 

Go check all the comments on the Lakers facebook page where the photo got posted.

#35 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 920 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Have you never seen Kobe before? Does he seem like the type of player to just sit back and watch his team lose? He will play with a cast if he has to.

:smh:

#36 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,821 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted June 26, 2013 - 10:18 AM

Overreaction from a banner.

We get cranky as Laker fans when we don't win.

#37 Velociraptor

Velociraptor

Rookie

• 23 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 26, 2013 - 10:32 AM

Really sad to see this banner.  The Lakers are too good to ask anyone to stay with them 'PLEASE'.  Cmon now

#38 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,717 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 10:38 AM

A banner with Kobe Bryant saying the word "Revenge" would be cool, lol. 

MMiRi9s.png

#39 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,520 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted June 26, 2013 - 10:43 AM

To me this isn't begging. It's more letting DH know that he's wanted. It'd be foolish for Lakers brass to sit back & not make any gesture. 

Then those same foolish fans will be whining about the front office not doing enough so DH walked. 

2hf753r.jpg

#40 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,561 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 10:55 AM

despite all these reports saying rockets look more likely, i really feel he will stay..lakers gotta show him SOMETHIGN though in terms of plans going forward, they really need to sit down and discuss it together instead of just waiting for him to re-sign and then get on with other stuff

bw1wOGf.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users