Dwight Howard "STAY" banner hanging outside Staples Center

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
290 replies to this topic

#281 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,320 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted June 30, 2013 - 06:56 PM

$23 mil for 82 games.
41 home games = $11.5 mill he'd be taxed at 48-55%(state+fed) on.
Take home about $6 mill for 41 home games.

41 road games in 16 different states that average around 25% tax= around $9 mill take home
Rough average numbers but one can tell the difference.

#282 apimentel24

apimentel24

Rookie

• 72 posts
  • Name:ToyoLaker
  • Fan Since:1983
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 01, 2013 - 09:30 AM

I have a question for those against the billboards....

In 2014, if we make a run at LeBron James, will people be against the Lakers doing everything in their power to bring LeBron to the Lakers including putting up billboards?

I wouldn't have an issue with doing whatever it takes to get LBJ only because he is now a 2 time champ, perennial MVP, takes his teams to the Finals almost yearly and makes his teammates better. Dwight has not done a damn thing, that's why I'm confused as to why the Lakers are begging him. I did hear that he wants for teams to show him the love..but c'mon...again this is the LAKERS..this is LA...We will be fine with or without him, I just hope he makes a quick decision so the Lakers can move forward one way or the other. I understand that Big Men just don't come around often anymore though so we will see....

Everything negative - pressure, challenges - is all an opportunity for me to rise. - Kobe Bryant

#283 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,715 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 01, 2013 - 09:38 AM

I wouldn't have an issue with doing whatever it takes to get LBJ only because he is now a 2 time champ, perennial MVP, takes his teams to the Finals almost yearly and makes his teammates better. Dwight has not done a damn thing, that's why I'm confused as to why the Lakers are begging him. I did hear that he wants for teams to show him the love..but c'mon...again this is the LAKERS..this is LA...We will be fine with or without him, I just hope he makes a quick decision so the Lakers can move forward one way or the other. I understand that Big Men just don't come around often anymore though so we will see....

Before JOINING two ALL_STARS, LeBron was CHOKINg out of EVERY GAME he was expected to win.

Got to the finals ONCE like Dwight

FOH

#284 apimentel24

apimentel24

Rookie

• 72 posts
  • Name:ToyoLaker
  • Fan Since:1983
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 01, 2013 - 09:41 AM

Before JOINING two ALL_STARS, LeBron was CHOKINg out of EVERY GAME he was expected to win.

Got to the finals ONCE like Dwight

FOH

Presently though??? And dude is only 28 btw. Choked in the past...how bout now? I don't love Lebron and I absolutely love Kobe but c'mon man at some point you gotta give LBJ credit.

Everything negative - pressure, challenges - is all an opportunity for me to rise. - Kobe Bryant

#285 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,715 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 09:57 AM

Its not about taking away from LeBron

dude is talking about LBJ is a winner, and Dwight is not.

Tell the WHOLE STORY

#286 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,184 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted July 01, 2013 - 10:04 AM

Presently though??? And dude is only 28 btw. Choked in the past...how bout now? I don't love Lebron and I absolutely love Kobe but c'mon man at some point you gotta give LBJ credit.

Agreed.  He is the best player in the game by an enormous margin.  Everything negative people have said about him, he has proven wrong.  Performed huge in the Finals, and in an elimination game as well as game 7,

#287 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,715 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 10:49 AM

LeBron is great but it's a process for players to PEAK

#288 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,904 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 01, 2013 - 10:59 AM

LeBron is great but it's a process for players to PEAK

all it took was for Lebron to stop flopping for 2 games...

#289 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,320 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted July 05, 2013 - 08:18 PM

Orlando did all the same crap. Honestly the Lakers franchise should be to proud to beg anyone to 'stay".
The sign should say #CenterWanted. Please Apply within.
Dont place all the eggs in the Dwight Howard basket.

no Im with you bro. Its just not good business. It BEGS DESPERATION. Its pathetic. It plays right into his drama queen style of negotiations. 
Let him know you want him as your #1 priority but that theres other options if things dont work out.
Business respect will land him long term. Call his bluff and if it doesnt work oh well, atleast then you know he didnt really want to stay in the first place. 

I repeat. The billboards made us look desperate when put up and now we also look like fools. ESON loves showing the pic. Lol.

#290 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,291 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted July 05, 2013 - 08:40 PM

those billboards were an stupid idea

Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#291 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 06, 2013 - 12:39 AM

This topic is pointless in light of recent developments.

Time to move onward and upward.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users