• This topic is locked This topic is locked
290 replies to this topic

#261 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,872 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 29, 2013 - 03:24 PM

So thats our plan. Billboards that say "Stay" like telling a dog to stay and photoshop of him on big buildings. Dwight must love it lol. 

#262 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,572 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted June 29, 2013 - 06:07 PM

So thats our plan. Billboards that say "Stay" like telling a dog to stay and photoshop of him on big buildings. Dwight must love it lol. 

I've been LMAO at people giving this desperate beg plea props by claiming "the franchise is breaking out all the stops and doing everything they can to keep Dwight".
Billboards are bull [expletive].
I could make a phone call right now to Clear Channel Signage Department and buy a billboard in Downtown LA for $25-35K featuring a picture of myself and a caption:
"Nobody reads billboards anymore".
#OUTDATED

Its essentially a giant over priced Hallmark Card that doesn't care to send the very best.

If the FO really wanted to do all they could to keep D12 they would get a real [expletive]ing coach and use the money they wasted on the signs to help pay him.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#263 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,133 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 29, 2013 - 06:10 PM

I've been LMAO at people giving this desperate beg plea props by claiming "the franchise is breaking out all the stops and doing everything they can to keep Dwight".
Billboards are bull [expletive].
I could make a phone call right now to Clear Channel Signage Department and buy a billboard in Downtown LA for $25-35K featuring a picture of myself and a caption:
"Nobody reads billboards anymore".
#OUTDATED

Its essentially a giant over priced Hallmark Card that doesn't care to send the very best.

If the FO really wanted to do all they could to keep D12 they would get a real [expletive]ing coach and use the money they wasted on the signs to help pay him.

you mean like bringing in Phil Jackson as a consultant, a Phil jackson triangle and big man aware assistant coach Mark Madsen, and alledgedly on the verge of bringing in Kurt Rambis who is known for defense and working with big men's post games?  

Stuff like that to show they want to keep Dwight?

You're running out of excuses to bash our front office.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#264 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,393 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 29, 2013 - 08:05 PM

I can tell by other threads and posts that the guy can live in the best nation onEarth(LakerNation) and still complain.

#265 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted June 30, 2013 - 06:02 AM

You both or ignoring factual information. That's it. I'm making comments based on reality and your both making comments based on conspiracy theories. Y'all pretend everything is thing is the way it is because the Lakers FO has some scheme or pre ordained plan that will shock us all in the end. They don't. Because they can't. They dug a hole and their standing in it. Its time to clean house, rebuild and start over.

And for the record I wasnt him discounting the effectiveness of the FO I was discouting the effectiveness of a sign(s).

Now the report is Rambis is joining the staff....lol. OK. That's great. So now D12 is going to reevaluate between LA and Htown. Between taking home more $ in Htown (t/y CA taxes), playing with a stronger roster in Htown who is 1 or 2 players away from winning the WC while our best player rehabs and maybe never is the same. And a Rockets team where D12 knows who his Head Coach is going to be for the season or LA where he had 2 coaches last season and MDT is still the head coach who he dislikes. And theres no telling what can happen and who will be the coach by game 10. And a team where the Rockets FO and ownership has a track record or LAL thats had countless changes. But damn the LAL finally hired Rambo.....so I'll ignore all the other concrete information/perks because if we stretch facts and connect improbable occurrences that might mean the LAL are trying to convince PJ to coach again. Even though PJ has said numerous times he doesn't want to coach again. And the LAL hung giant hallmark cards up asking me to stay.....smh.

I know....now I'm not be optimistic and "believing" so I'm not a real fan. When in actuality I'm overly excited that the franchise accepts the gravity of the situation and begin the rebuilding process again. As Boston has just done so will we. I just hope we don't have to say goodbye to KB the way Boston did to PP.

Edited by LakersGAFan, June 30, 2013 - 06:13 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#266 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,393 posts

Posted June 30, 2013 - 07:15 AM

It's not more money in Houston.

Firstly only half if his games count under the Texas tax law. His road games. Are taxed according to that state.

Secondly, it's obvious that all u do is spew negativity.

Whether about this Great franchise or our GREAT country.

Period.

#267 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,393 posts

Posted June 30, 2013 - 07:16 AM

You both or ignoring factual information. That's it. I'm making comments based on reality and your both making comments based on conspiracy theories. Y'all pretend everything is thing is the way it is because the Lakers FO has some scheme or pre ordained plan that will shock us all in the end. They don't. Because they can't. They dug a hole and their standing in it. Its time to clean house, rebuild and start over.

And for the record I wasnt him discounting the effectiveness of the FO I was discouting the effectiveness of a sign(s).

Now the report is Rambis is joining the staff....lol. OK. That's great. So now D12 is going to reevaluate between LA and Htown. Between taking home more $ in Htown (t/y CA taxes), playing with a stronger roster in Htown who is 1 or 2 players away from winning the WC while our best player rehabs and maybe never is the same. And a Rockets team where D12 knows who his Head Coach is going to be for the season or LA where he had 2 coaches last season and MDT is still the head coach who he dislikes. And theres no telling what can happen and who will be the coach by game 10. And a team where the Rockets FO and ownership has a track record or LAL thats had countless changes. But damn the LAL finally hired Rambo.....so I'll ignore all the other concrete information/perks because if we stretch facts and connect improbable occurrences that might mean the LAL are trying to convince PJ to coach again. Even though PJ has said numerous times he doesn't want to coach again. And the LAL hung giant hallmark cards up asking me to stay.....smh.

I know....now I'm not be optimistic and "believing" so I'm not a real fan. When in actuality I'm overly excited that the franchise accepts the gravity of the situation and begin the rebuilding process again. As Boston has just done so will we. I just hope we don't have to say goodbye to KB the way Boston did to PP.

This is what I mean.

We obviously have a 2014 plan but yet you don't get it or you don't want to get it.

#268 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,320 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted June 30, 2013 - 08:44 AM

you mean like bringing in Phil Jackson as a consultant, a Phil jackson triangle and big man aware assistant coach Mark Madsen, and alledgedly on the verge of bringing in Kurt Rambis who is known for defense and working with big men's post games?  

Stuff like that to show they want to keep Dwight?

You're running out of excuses to bash our front office.

But MDA is still the coach, and he has a track record of trying to make players fit his system, rather than the other way around.  

The real question is how does Dwight see this?

-Coach- MDA vs McHale.  Scary, but McHale wins in a landslide, support staff is better too

-Major players- Harden vs Kobe.  Harden is much younger,  commands less of the payroll.  Not clear when Kobe will be back and what his abilities will be then ( I would not bet against him) but he will be 35 with alot of mileage

-Supporting cast- younger, better in Houston

-FO-  I am no Mitch fan, I will take Morey although some of his draft picks are questionable

-Future- Rockets actually have some draft picks 

-Fun factor-  Dwight seems to want to "have fun" more than anything else.  Not saying he doesn't want to win as well, but "fun" is important to him.  He repeatedly said that last year was not "fun".

So does the extra $20m or so after taxes offset all of the above?  In Dwight's world, I doubt it.

Debbie Downer

#269 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts

Posted June 30, 2013 - 08:50 AM

Honestly dude I dont even know why Im playing with you. U always start insulting people when you're backed up to a wall and have no actual rebuttal. Its OK. Breath. You claim WE have a plan. And that I don't get it. OK. I realize the plan is resign D12. And I realize if he goes elsewhere whatever plan(s) we have are more long term oriented. That's not hard to deduce.

Before last season began I questioned D12 signing a one year deal. I saw a lack of long term commitment in that decision. But I understood his reasons as he wasn't sure finishing his career here was the right move. He was testing the waters.
Then we sucked and played horridly before the ASG. It wasn't only due to D12 playing injured. We had nothing going at all. So I thought there's no way D12 is resigning. I mean why would he?

Then after ASG things began to change. Pau and D12 started to play well together. We had holes but things were optimistic looking with the core. As a matter of fact it was me who predicted our 5 wins straight (including OKC) and that thread is somewhere to prove that. So I was happy and thought we have given D12 reason enough to stay. We just need some role players to sure up deficiencies and were golden. D12 will probably resign.

Then KB tore the Achilles. And I went back to D12 is gone. NJ or Htown. Maybe even the Clips or Hawks. But there's no reason to play here w/o a guaranteed bonified black mamba.

And then the off season. We never canned MDT. I start hearing reports that make sense. So I still believe he's a goner.

Now I do realize everything can change fast. Harden could tear his ACL playing beach tag football. Then the gravity of the situation shifts. We could can MDT and complete the hailmary of signing PJ. That changes things. But as is at this moment. He's gone. Start rebuilding and thinking of the future.

Edited by LakersGAFan, June 30, 2013 - 09:16 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#270 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts

Posted June 30, 2013 - 09:15 AM

http://finance.yahoo...-071447565.html

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#271 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,393 posts

Posted June 30, 2013 - 09:47 AM

Before July 1st , blow it all up?

#272 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,300 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted June 30, 2013 - 10:32 AM

BOByWzMCQAAi3os.jpg

https://twitter.com/...406506949885952

EyMlHkX.jpg

#273 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts

Posted June 30, 2013 - 10:43 AM

Before July 1st , blow it all up?

no. When d12 leaves.....kaboooom! If by some hail Mary he resigns then we pray KB24 comes back at least 50% to start and we proceed as originally planned. Hopefully not with MDT as our bone head coach.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#274 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,553 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted June 30, 2013 - 10:44 AM

no. When d12 leaves.....kaboooom! If by some hail Mary he resigns then we pray KB24 comes back at least 50% to start and we proceed as originally planned. Hopefully not with MDT as our bone head coach.

lol you do realize were all in till 2014 right?

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#275 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts

Posted June 30, 2013 - 10:44 AM

BOByWzMCQAAi3os.jpg
https://twitter.com/...406506949885952

Grand Slam Breakfast?

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#276 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts

Posted June 30, 2013 - 11:07 AM

lol you do realize were all in till 2014 right?

yea but the process starts immediately.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#277 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 30, 2013 - 05:17 PM

Howard would get more money by going to Houston

between state and local taxes, and howard likely getting big money in that 5th year...

California is one of the worst states to sign in...

#278 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts

Posted June 30, 2013 - 05:27 PM

between state and local taxes, and howard likely getting big money in that 5th year...

I've been trying to explain this.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#279 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,718 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted June 30, 2013 - 05:31 PM

His contact applies to other state's tax as well since he plays in multiple states in a season. I don't see the benefit 

ap1.png

#280 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,393 posts

Posted June 30, 2013 - 06:54 PM

He can only sign a 4 year 88 million deal. 44 million( minus federal taxes) would qualify under  Texas state taxes, while the other half will fall under the various other states taxes that he plays in.

We can offer 5 year 118 million. Plus Adidas has shown a propensity to give stars bonuses in bigger markets, 

Plus ALL Lakers enfit  from being in LA , from Shannon Brown marrying Monica, to Rick Fox getting acting roles, to Kazaam, and etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users