Sixth Man

• 3,699 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted June 26, 2013 - 08:53 AM

1044377_10151694109979390_731568312_n.jp

THIS IS DOPE!!!

I HOPE WE CAN KEEP HIM!

ONLY A FEW DAYS REMAIN FOR OUR DESTINY!!!

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#2 KobeBeef24

KobeBeef24

Canada, eh?

• 1,332 posts
  • Fan Since:2007
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, MWP, Swaggy P, LO, Pau

Posted June 26, 2013 - 08:58 AM

Looking at all the comments on the Facebook post, our fans are idiots. All of them want Dwight to leave...

#3 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,699 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted June 26, 2013 - 09:01 AM

Looking at all the comments on the Facebook post, our fans are idiots. All of them want Dwight to leave...

i dont get those fans. they take those damn media stuff and dont look at the player and his desire to win etc

dwight knows in his heart that he wants to stay in LA. and I feel that and I know that.

Just let him play with the media and let them talk. In 4-5 weeks we have our big center for FOUR MORE YEARS!

Mark my words!

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#4 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 26, 2013 - 09:01 AM

You don't need caps for everything. 

Anyways, cool to see.  Social media campaigns are all the craze nowadays. 

#5 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,366 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 26, 2013 - 09:05 AM

Why is the Lakers franchise stoop to this level? This reminds me of when the Orlando Magic have banners and beg Dwight to stay or when the Cavaliers write a song and beg Lebron to stay.  The Lakers are doing the same thing and to me it is embarrassing.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#6 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 09:07 AM

Why is the Lakers franchise stoop to this level? This reminds me of when the Orlando Magic have banners and beg Dwight to stay or when the Cavaliers write a song and beg Lebron to stay.  The Lakers are doing the same thing and to me it is embarrassing.

Again, it's a social media campaign. 

And who cares? The Lakers should be doing everything to keep Dwight Howard.  Fans need to realize that relying on our storied history is not going to cut it anymore with the new generation of athletes. 

#7 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,366 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 09:09 AM

I rather see a Fire Mike D Antoni banner outside of stable center than this to be honest.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#8 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,490 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 26, 2013 - 09:12 AM

facepalm at ^

#9 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,597 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted June 26, 2013 - 09:14 AM

in b4 someone photoshops it to a Clippers jersey

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#10 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,491 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted June 26, 2013 - 09:16 AM

Dude looks good in that Lakers Jersey lol

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#11 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,366 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 09:18 AM

So whats next? They going to gather a bunch of celebrities that are lakers fans and start singing songs begging Dwight to stay?  Am I the only person who doesn't like this move? Probably.  If the Lakers truely want D12 to stay, they should talk to D12 and asked him what he wants and what needs to be done just like how the Clippers are doing and fire that MDA.  You dont see Clippers posting up banners begging for CP3 to stay.  They do things behind the scenes to convinced CP3 of why he should stay. You think D12 will changed his mind just because he sees a banner outside of stable center?

#12 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,597 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted June 26, 2013 - 09:18 AM

Orlando did all the same crap. Honestly the Lakers franchise should be to proud to beg anyone to 'stay".

The sign should say #CenterWanted. Please Apply within.

Dont place all the eggs in the Dwight Howard basket.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#13 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 09:22 AM

So whats next? They going to gather a bunch of celebrities that are lakers fans and start singing songs begging Dwight to stay?  Am I the only person who doesn't like this move? Probably.  If the Lakers truely want D12 to stay, they should talk to D12 and asked him what he wants and what needs to be done just like how the Clippers are doing and fire that MDA.  You dont see Clippers posting up banners begging for CP3 to stay.  They do things behind the scenes to convinced CP3 of why he should stay. You think D12 will changed his mind just because he sees a banner outside of stable center?

IT'S A SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGN. 

Take it up with Jeanie Buss, she's in charge of all this.  

Some of you are too overly emotional about all this.  It's not a big deal whatsoever.  I swear some of you are so in love with the idea that "We are the Lakers, we are above everyone else", that you fail to see the situation as it is right now.  

#14 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,597 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 09:22 AM

no Im with you bro. Its just not good business. It BEGS DESPERATION. Its pathetic. It plays right into his drama queen style of negotiations. 

Let him know you want him as your #1 priority but that theres other options if things dont work out.
Business respect will land him long term. Call his bluff and if it doesnt work oh well, atleast then you know he didnt really want to stay in the first place. 

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#15 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,366 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 09:23 AM

finally somebody agrees with me.

But hey, its fine I guess. Lets gather up all the sick cancer childrens in LA and hold up signs begging D12 to stay. Yea that will do it.

#16 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,490 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

First it's too proud.

Second,I get it now. Fans aren't business people and they have extreme fantasies in their heads about sports.

Lets do this, Let Dwight retire and LeBron and every star. Then lets look at the ratings.

All leagues are player leagues and STARS really move BASKETBALL, because they are so different.

Dwight is a BIG MAN. They all are overpaid in some regards but also they bring the biggest value and they are in the trenches

Forget the Finals run...Dwight teams always have a chance against any team, the last years he was healthy. OKC,Heat,Lakers, it didn't matter.

he's WORTH IT

#17 nikolatesla

nikolatesla

Rookie

• 391 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

I don't want him to leave but his is just pathetic. Lakers is a class organization, Clippers can do this, 76ers can but we don't do these kinda cheap stuff. This is a sign of the transformation our organization is havin. Dr.Busss' class organization is becoming his son's playground.

#18 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 09:24 AM

But hey, its fine I guess. Lets gather up all the sick cancer childrens in LA and hold up signs begging D12 to stay. Yea that will do it.

You're a [expletive]ing idiot for making a comment like that. 

Go ahead, report me to all my fellow mods about it too.  I don't give a [expletive].  I don't screw around with stupid comments like that. 

#19 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,597 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 09:25 AM

I don't want him to leave but his is just pathetic. Lakers is a class organization, Clippers can do this, 76ers can but we don't do these kinda cheap stuff. This is a sign of the transformation our organization is havin. Dr.Busss' class organization is becoming his son's playground.

perfectly stated. 100% agree. Mutha [expletive]ing Bravo 2 you!

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#20 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,366 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 09:26 AM

IT'S A SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGN. 

Take it up with Jeanie Buss, she's in charge of all this.  

Some of you are too overly emotional about all this.  It's not a big deal whatsoever.  I swear some of you are so in love with the idea that "We are the Lakers, we are above everyone else", that you fail to see the situation as it is right now.  

I understand that. I was the one who pointed out that D12 might leave because he couldn't care less about the history of a franchise. Not many current players are.  Its just this move is a little desperate for me and I never seen Lakers do this.  If they really want a player to stay they usually do it behind close doors. They dont beg.

Edited by epicwolf, June 26, 2013 - 09:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users