Photo

A Small Rant: Are Mitch & Jim Buss On Vacation Or What?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,643 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 25, 2013 - 08:49 PM

You see a handfull of pieces starting to move - including the Clippers getting Doc Rivers. But what are the Lakers doing? Looking at [expletive]ing Shawne Williams??????

You're breaking my balls here, Mitch. 

Tell me this:

If you dont believe we can win next season, why not just amnesty Pau or Kobe and then aim for the lottery. To me, that's a stronger move towards a championshiop, than ending with the 7th or 8th seed again. 

When you see several teams making room on their roster for a pitch to Dwight why do you stand pat? If i was running the show i would have Micth, Jim, Jeannie, Jerry West, Magic, Kobe and Phil calling Dwight 24-7 telling him how awesome an opportunity it is to play with the Lakers. 

You see the Clips get Coc, a move that really can change a lot for the Clippers, but you stick to MDA who is a complete [expletive]ing tool. Why not send a massive F-U to the Clippers organisation, by hiring Phil Jackson for a two-year deal. That's the type of message you should send: you get a good coach, we get the best. 

I think we can win this upcoming season with what we have and what we can get and it's not that [expletive]ing difficult: Sign Phil in a Front office role, hire Shaw as head coach, amnesty metta, sign Martell Webster or Dorrell Wright to mini-midlevel, sign Ronnie Brewer to vet minimum and see what else we can get for cheap. Perhaps move Blake, Duhon and perhaps even Hill depending on what's out there. 

Instead we see the Lakers organisation scratch their asses while Dwight ends up going to Houston.

#2 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 1,511 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted June 25, 2013 - 09:02 PM

well for starters.. shaw is head coachin in Denver and i'm happy for him.

Secondly, we do not know where Dwight is heading.. and if its not with us, then so be it.

Thirdly it's not even July 1st yet.

ap1.png

#3 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,750 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 25, 2013 - 09:03 PM

It's called waitint for Dwight so we can properly start building the team around him if he's with us going forward.   Have some darn patience :bounce:

Edited by Majesty, June 25, 2013 - 09:03 PM.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#4 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 1,655 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 09:06 PM

It'd be stupid to do anything without finding out if Dwight stays.....

/end thread

#5 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,971 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 25, 2013 - 09:27 PM

They aren't doing anything until the Dwight Howard situation is resolved. 

• 39,205 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 09:32 PM

No van hacer nada hasta que la situacion con Dwight Howard este resuelta.

yo.

#7 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Ugh.

• 7,918 posts
  • Name:Hello, My Baby!
  • Fan Since:Hello, My Darlin'!
  • Fav. Laker:Hello, My Ragtime Gal!

Posted June 25, 2013 - 09:34 PM

They aren't doing anything until the Dwight Howard situation is resolved. 

Trade for Austin Rivers, say, Hill & Johnson. 

#8 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 865 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 25, 2013 - 09:36 PM

One more week

• 39,205 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 09:41 PM

^ Here's a classic for ya' just to get ya' ready.

yo.

#10 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,250 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 25, 2013 - 09:43 PM

Calm the heck down - jeez.

#11 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,617 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted June 26, 2013 - 12:11 AM

Besides not much they can do with their cap unless they get reasonable offers for their expiring contracts. As far as I am concerned, D12 or not, they aren't going to rush making moves to make moves. It's not how a winning organization handles their affairs.

Edited by Ven21, June 26, 2013 - 12:12 AM.

#12 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,643 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 03:25 AM

All i want is some indication that they're not about to throw everything down the drain.

I guess i just can't get it through my thick skull that we might lose out on Dwight because he (understandably) doesn't want to play for D'Antoni when we have Phil freakin' Jackson sitting there, ready to be a part of the organisation?

All you "relax and wait one week"-guys, why dont you explain that to me in terms an idiot like me can understand.

#13 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 771 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted June 26, 2013 - 03:57 AM

All i want is some indication that they're not about to throw everything down the drain.

I guess i just can't get it through my thick skull that we might lose out on Dwight because he (understandably) doesn't want to play for D'Antoni when we have Phil freakin' Jackson sitting there, ready to be a part of the organisation?
All you "relax and wait one week"-guys, why dont you explain that to me in terms an idiot like me can understand.

If we don't get Dwight, this season will be a bust, regardless of who is coaching(even Phil).
The lakers organization, who is already way over the cap, will not fire a coach and hire a new one, paying two coaches, if we don't at least have a chance this season.

They are probably waiting for Dwight to say:"okay I'm in". Only after that will they start tailoring the team to Dwight's liking and prepare for 2014 when they will have a shot at signing another superstar.

#14 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 10,933 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted June 26, 2013 - 04:17 AM

Theres no point in doing anything until D12 makes Decision v2.0

#15 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,643 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 04:32 AM

So to save a few bucks you risk losing Dwight and end up in a playoff drought for the remainder of Kobe’s career as a Laker. That makes zero sense.

I can see that when you’re over the cap, like the Lakers, you don’t want to spend more money than what is necessary. But if there ever is a time to spend a bit more than necessary, now is the time. D’Antoni’s salary is insignificant, compared to the losses in revenue if the Lakers are out of the playoffs.

Why not do what is needed to keep Dwight: Take a big bite of the turd that is D’Antoni and his contract and replace him with the best coach in basketball.

#16 epicwolf

epicwolf

Off The Bench

• 2,652 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 26, 2013 - 05:12 AM

Answer to this question is simple.  Dwight Howard is taking the Lakers hostage right now. Hands are tied and they can't do anything until they know whats going to happen with Dwight.

I have been a Lakers fans since 1985 and I have never ever seen a year where a player take the most prominant sports franchise hostage like this.  

In every interview when the media asked Mitch about Dwight, his answer is "Dwight is our future."  Every time he said that I feel queesy.

Edited by epicwolf, June 26, 2013 - 05:13 AM.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#17 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,750 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 26, 2013 - 05:27 AM

Answer to this question is simple.  Dwight Howard is taking the Lakers hostage right now. Hands are tied and they can't do anything until they know whats going to happen with Dwight.

I have been a Lakers fans since 1985 and I have never ever seen a year where a player take the most prominant sports franchise hostage like this.  

In every interview when the media asked Mitch about Dwight, his answer is "Dwight is our future."  Every time he said that I feel queesy.

You must have missed when Kobe was a free agent.

Edited by Majesty, June 26, 2013 - 05:27 AM.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#18 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 3,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted June 26, 2013 - 05:54 AM

SMFH at some of you laker fans. Aint nothing gonna happen until D12 says he IS NOT RETURNING! Anything you hear until then is all bullsheet.

You see a handfull of pieces starting to move - including the Clippers getting Doc Rivers. But what are the Lakers doing? Looking at [expletive]ing Shawne Williams??????

You're breaking my balls here, Mitch. 

Tell me this:

If you dont believe we can win next season, why not just amnesty Pau or Kobe and then aim for the lottery. To me, that's a stronger move towards a championshiop, than ending with the 7th or 8th seed again. 

When you see several teams making room on their roster for a pitch to Dwight why do you stand pat? If i was running the show i would have Micth, Jim, Jeannie, Jerry West, Magic, Kobe and Phil calling Dwight 24-7 telling him how awesome an opportunity it is to play with the Lakers. 

You see the Clips get Coc, a move that really can change a lot for the Clippers, but you stick to MDA who is a complete [expletive]ing tool. Why not send a massive F-U to the Clippers organisation, by hiring Phil Jackson for a two-year deal. That's the type of message you should send: you get a good coach, we get the best. 

I think we can win this upcoming season with what we have and what we can get and it's not that [expletive]ing difficult: Sign Phil in a Front office role, hire Shaw as head coach, amnesty metta, sign Martell Webster or Dorrell Wright to mini-midlevel, sign Ronnie Brewer to vet minimum and see what else we can get for cheap. Perhaps move Blake, Duhon and perhaps even Hill depending on what's out there. 

Instead we see the Lakers organisation scratch their asses while Dwight ends up going to Houston.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#19 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,643 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 05:54 AM

The thing is, i dont believe we can afford to wait on Howard to say "i'm in", because while we wait other pieces start moving - just look at Shaw signing with Denver. He is the most indecisive player i've ever seen in the NBA and will probably spend half of july going back and forth between Houston, Clippers and Lakers.

I think the lakers should take control of the situation and make a strong move towards keeping Dwight - i.e. somehow to get Phil Jackson into the picure. Another option is to make a strong roster move that could persuade him - dont really know what that move would be - perhaps Luol Deng for Pau ?

#20 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 3,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted June 26, 2013 - 05:56 AM

After what COach D did to Kobe last season & still has his job = stop thinking about another Coach. it obviously is not going to happen.

The thing is, i dont believe we can afford to wait on Howard to say "i'm in", because while we wait other pieces start moving - just look at Shaw signing with Denver. He is the most indecisive player i've ever seen in the NBA and will probably spend half of july going back and forth between Houston, Clippers and Lakers.

I think the lakers should take control of the situation and make a strong move towards keeping Dwight - i.e. somehow to get Phil Jackson into the picure. Another option is to make a strong roster move that could persuade him - dont really know what that move would be - perhaps Luol Deng for Pau ?

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users