Photo

Nets/Celtics discussing blockbuster deal that would send Paul Pierce and KG to Nets, Celtics sent proposal to Garnett (PG: 2)

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#81 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,678 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 12:16 AM

Time for laser removal, Terry.

MMiRi9s.png

• 40,431 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 11:06 AM

Report: Nets Interested in Signing Jason Collins

The Brooklyn Nets are targeting free-agent center Jason Collins, the first openly gay player in NBA history, to return to the franchise, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

jason-collins-gay-pride-parade.png
FULL ARTICLE inside link.

Edited by    , June 28, 2013 - 11:07 AM.

yo.

#83 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,590 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted June 28, 2013 - 12:32 PM

The Nets look pretty damn good on paper. They have perimeter offense, post offense, rebounding, defensive presence inside and outside. I guess the only question mark really is if Kidd can coach.

They have a pretty talented roster, I wouldn't risk blowing an opportunity to contend by hiring a guy who has never coached.

• 40,431 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 12:49 PM

Celtics Not looking to Trade Rajon Rondo

http://blacksportson...de-rajon-rondo/

“If Wilt Chamberlain and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar are tradeable, then I guess everybody’s tradeable,” Ainge said. “But there’s guys we’re not looking to move right now. Ainge was asked if Rondo was one of those guys. “Yeah,” he said.

Rondo.jpg

FULL ARTICLE inside link.

yo.

#85 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,451 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 28, 2013 - 01:01 PM

So that means they are?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#86 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,014 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted June 28, 2013 - 01:55 PM

I don't buy it, Rondo won't finish his season as a a Celtic. They don't benefit in an ay way from keeping him. With him on the roster, they are still above 30 wins in my opinion, ruining their chances in the 2014 draft. People have to remember they still have Green, Bradley, and Bass. An overall bad but not fully terrible as opposed to completely depleted rosters in Philly, Sac, Atl, and possibly Portland. This isn't even including the typical terrible NBA teams always in lottery contention.

Besides why keep him to guide an incredibly young roster, Rondo of all players. If people thought the Nets deal was vary favorable as far as picks go, Rondo would fetch so much more to that respective team that is just one player away from a championship.

#87 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,395 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted June 28, 2013 - 03:53 PM

Nets should just hand us Brooks

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

• 40,431 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 04:33 PM

I don't buy it, Rondo won't finish his season as a a Celtic. They don't benefit in an ay way from keeping him.

Could it be purely strategy on their part for more leverage on perhaps a better deal/offering this way?

yo.

#89 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,014 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 05:19 PM

Could it be purely strategy on their part for more leverage on perhaps a better deal/offering this way?

Probably, perfect scenario is he stays healthy and pile up some nice stats. His value will go up, trade him before the deadline to a team right in the middle of playoff contention, the usual playoff team that is 'just one player away' from a championship.

To be honest many teams could bid on him, Mavs have plenty of future draft picks and expiring contracts, even Rockets can make it interesting past 2014 plenty of draft picks and rotate contracts with a third party, I think the Knicks as well will somehow try with a third party. Of course the always persistent Rondo/Westbrook swap.

Rondo despite his headaches, in a proven ballclub with a good hierarchy, his skills will elevate any franchise. There will always be suitors, its just about how much Boston will hold out for.  I just think draft picks is the key factor, not even expiring contracts as much.

Edited by Ven21, June 28, 2013 - 05:22 PM.

• 40,431 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 12:12 AM

Nets keep Reggie Evans, send MarShon Brooks to Celtics instead

Interesting. I think that's actually better for the Nets. I find what Evans has to give overall more valuable, especially since they lost G-Wallace & Humphries, who did a lot of the dirty work themselves.

yo.

#91 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,904 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 29, 2013 - 12:14 AM

NOOOO! Marshon Brooks was one of my favorite rookies... and now he's a Celtic .. SMH lol... Looks like the Russian kept his word.

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

• 40,431 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 12:23 AM

So now it's:

Deron Williams / C.J. Watson (could potentially leave though) / Tyshawn Taylor

Joe Johnson / Jason Terry / Jerry Stackhouse

Paul Pierce / Kyle Korver (potentially per rumors)

Kevin Garnett / Reggie Evans / Mirza Teletovic
Brook Lopez / Andray Blatche / Mason Plumlee

Damn. That seems championship caliber if you ask me.

yo.

#93 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,451 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 12:42 AM

You know when I think of Miami i think of our third year.

Something tells me Miami is getting swept this year or loses in 5.  Just the way they're built, they fact they(if the rumors about Billups are true) are about to get older floor spacers. 

They may not make it to a third finals and might lose one sidedly to end the playoffs and then the questions about 2014 comes up.

#94 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,014 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 01:07 AM

You know when I think of Miami i think of our third year.

Something tells me Miami is getting swept this year or loses in 5.  Just the way they're built, they fact they(if the rumors about Billups are true) are about to get older floor spacers. 

They may not make it to a third finals and might lose one sidedly to end the playoffs and then the questions about 2014 comes up.

I've thought of the same scenario, but that Dallas team of 11' just felt like they came out of nowhere. I think age and injuries will catch up to them in the playoffs. Plus considering their road just to make it the NBA Finals is much harder with Chicago, Brooklyn, and Indy. As well I just keep thinking somehow, someway Knicks will do something to make some noise as well.

Regardless whoever comes out of the East probably will win it all, West overall might have better teams in the 8 that make it, but the top 4 in the East are above nearly everyone in the West.

Edited by Ven21, June 29, 2013 - 01:09 AM.

#95 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,813 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 29, 2013 - 03:44 AM

dam

evans is the best rebounder in the NBA...

will help them

• 40,431 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 11:28 AM

^ He's tough too and a solid defender both when he's not flopping of course.

yo.

#97 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,451 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 12:34 PM

I've thought of the same scenario, but that Dallas team of 11' just felt like they came out of nowhere. I think age and injuries will catch up to them in the playoffs. Plus considering their road just to make it the NBA Finals is much harder with Chicago, Brooklyn, and Indy. As well I just keep thinking somehow, someway Knicks will do something to make some noise as well.

Regardless whoever comes out of the East probably will win it all, West overall might have better teams in the 8 that make it, but the top 4 in the East are above nearly everyone in the West.

Knicks are gonna try to get CP3. They know Melo is likely gone in 2014 if they don't get another star.

• 40,431 posts

Posted July 15, 2013 - 06:29 PM

The new big 3 in Boston. They look so happy.

Celtics-Big-3.jpg

yo.

#99 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 920 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 15, 2013 - 06:38 PM

The new big 3 in Boston. They look so happy.

Lmao they look so miserable

#100 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,536 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 15, 2013 - 06:47 PM

Lmao they look so miserable

Lol imagine what the Celtics fans reactions and emotions are towards the trade haha

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users