28 replies to this topic

#1 Slamdunk

Slamdunk

Rookie

• 26 posts
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 24, 2013 - 06:25 PM

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Philadelphia 76ers center Andrew Bynumhas completed his rehabilitation from season-ending knee surgery and is set to resume basketball workouts next week.

Bynum's agent, David Lee, told The Associated Press on Monday night there's ''not a concern in the world'' that Bynum will be ready for training camp.

He also said he had no conversations with the Sixers and does not expect any kind of deal with the team before the 7-foot center becomes a free agent on July 1.

Lee says Bynum will get a jump on his regular offseason workouts by starting next week in Atlanta instead of his usual time in August.

But where? Likely not with the team he failed to play a single game for because of bone bruises in his knees. Bynum was acquired last summer in a four-team trade that saw the Sixers deal Andre Iguodala to Denver and Nikola Vucevic to Orlando

''Philly will do what Philly does. I can't control it,'' Lee said. ''Next week, I have a feeling I'll be meeting with a couple of teams.''

http://sports.yahoo....17908--nba.html

#2 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 8,961 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Grant

Posted June 24, 2013 - 06:50 PM

About time!

When do we get to see him go bowling? 

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

#3 BLK MAMBA 81

BLK MAMBA 81

Rookie

• 285 posts
  • Name:Jackal Phrenic 210SA
  • Fan Since:96 - Forever
  • Fav. Laker:MR. 81

Posted June 24, 2013 - 06:55 PM

I've liked his game when he was with the lakers. Wish he'd snap outta that funk and get back to playing basketball theirs a couple teams that can use him. IMO he still can be succsesful&&& no bowlin isn't what I'm talking about lol

#4 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,883 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 24, 2013 - 07:30 PM

As long as the same brain resides in that whacked out head of his, nothing he does will matter.

#5 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 07:32 PM

Shortened your article, please don't post full text.  Thanks. 

#6 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,137 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 24, 2013 - 07:46 PM

Hope he stays healthy.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#7 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,050 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted June 24, 2013 - 08:23 PM

I get it when Laker fans make fun of the guy - it's pretty damn funny. I don't get why some Laker fans hate Bynum so much. We got rid of him; he's no longer our problem. I know his attitude is hot garbage, but there's no reason to spit out anger at every Bynum thread.

#8 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,175 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted June 24, 2013 - 08:24 PM

He worked out at Krispy Kreme Donuts all last season...

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#9 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 824 posts
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted June 24, 2013 - 08:24 PM

Loved watching his game, hope he can play next year.

• 40,556 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 09:13 PM

Bynum's agent, David Lee, told The Associated Press on Monday night there's ''not a concern in the world'' that Bynum will be ready for training camp.

I find it shocking that he would say that.

yo.

#11 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,137 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 09:35 PM

I find it shocking that he would say that.

I wouldn't assume he would say "Every time he dunks I feel like my heart is gonna jump out of my chest!"

• 40,556 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 09:54 PM

Exactly. An agent's never gonna' be honest if it hurts his client. Their word hardly means much on that front.

yo.

#13 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 10:08 PM

Breaking news: Bynum out for the 2013-2014 season after injuring himself by thinking about working out.

#14 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,137 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 10:25 PM

Breaking news: Bynum out for the 2013-2014 season after injuring himself by thinking about working out.

Is his hair alright?

#15 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 8,961 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Grant

Posted June 24, 2013 - 11:55 PM

Is his hair alright?

It began swelling.

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

#16 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,572 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted June 25, 2013 - 06:30 AM

The reality is if Drew comes back and returns to All Star form with Philly and D12 leaves LA for a WC team like Houston, in the long run the Lakers are the ones who got the bad deal. Really bad if that happens actually. Lets see what happens.

Edited by LakersGAFan, June 25, 2013 - 06:31 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#17 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,943 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 25, 2013 - 07:40 AM

The reality is if Drew comes back and returns to All Star form with Philly and D12 leaves LA for a WC team like Houston, in the long run the Lakers are the ones who got the bad deal. Really bad if that happens actually. Lets see what happens.

With philly? I dont see them throwing the money he wants, then again I dont see any team doing that.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#18 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,327 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 25, 2013 - 07:47 AM

So is Philly going to be stupid enough to give this ass hat a max contract?  Hope the handicap people make room for his over priced car in front of the arena.  And hope they have salsa music when introducing Bynum since he spend his rehap time preparing for dancing with the stars next season.  I have not seen any athletes that doesn't have the love for his own sports like Bynum since Jemarcus Russell.  The sad part is Jemarcus Russell have less talent and might even have more heart than Bynum and Bynum knows this so he wil con anybody by playing well for a couple of months or so and after he get a big contract, he probably spend hours in a barber shop trying to find new bad hair due instead of training like Kobe.  Bynum is right though. Every city does have a bank but at the same time every city does have payday advance loan offices because in about a year or so, he probably be broke. The way he spends and the immaturity he has, he probably be sharing 99 dollar sandwhiches with Allen Irverson.

Edited by epicwolf, June 26, 2013 - 05:45 AM.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#19 Slamdunk

Slamdunk

Rookie

• 26 posts
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted June 25, 2013 - 11:23 PM

Laker fans are going to be missing Bynum this year. He's going to haunt the Lakers for years to come actually. After watching Howard this season, the Lakers should be begging for Drew. I'm sorry for the fans who hung their hopes on Dwight. 

#20 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 6,001 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted June 25, 2013 - 11:30 PM

Laker fans are going to be missing Bynum this year. He's going to haunt the Lakers for years to come actually. After watching Howard this season, the Lakers should be begging for Drew. I'm sorry for the fans who hung their hopes on Dwight. 

They are cut from the same cloth. [expletive] the both of them lol. I have no hopes hanging on Dwight, anyway I'm not regretting anything on the Bynum front. Dude hasn't done anything to miss at all. 

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users