Photo

Scottie Pippen Allegedly Stomps Fan Who Wanted Autograph & Beats Him To A Pulp; UPDATE: Being Sued For $4 Million

Under investigation

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

• 39,205 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 04:29 PM

Scottie Pippen Arrested For Allegedly Stomping Autograph Seeker

Pippen allegedly punched and kicked the man to the face until he was unconscious.

After Pippen left the scene, the victim was taken to a hospital with serious injuries, including broken teeth and a swollen face

scottie-pippen-arrested.jpg

FULL ARTICLE inside link.

It's weird though, here it says he hasn't been arrested, but nontheless here are photos of the man he allegedly beat to a pulp:

http://blacksportson...g-in-ambulance/

scottie-pippen-2.jpg

scottie-pippen-victim-3.jpg

Just looked at more sources and basically it's being said that TMZ was initially told they had arrested him, but then later it was clarified and they were told that was not the case. Instead, that he might turn himself in potentially or even if not, one thing's for certain, he and this case is being investigated.

Edited by    , July 12, 2013 - 01:29 PM.

yo.

#2 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,646 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 24, 2013 - 05:09 PM

What a douche.

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#3 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,712 posts
  • Name:Drazard

Posted June 24, 2013 - 05:42 PM

RIP fan.

33bkfif.jpg

#4 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 15,060 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 24, 2013 - 06:41 PM

Wow what a dick.

#5 BLK MAMBA 81

BLK MAMBA 81

Rookie

• 285 posts
  • Name:Jackal Phrenic 210SA
  • Fan Since:96 - Forever
  • Fav. Laker:MR. 81

Posted June 24, 2013 - 06:52 PM

Never liked the guy! Unfortunate when you get caught up in the mix when you just want to be left alone. I'm not in defense on either part
Some fans can be so inconsiderate.

#6 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,646 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 08:56 PM

Dude took a beating,  But most likely he's gonna get paid...

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

• 39,205 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 01:33 PM

Fan Allegedly Spit on & Called Scottie Pippen a N*gger, Before Pippen Beat Him Down

Looks like Scottie might not be such a "dick" or "douche" after all.

Jalen Rose (former teammate of his) shares his thoughts:

He's been accused of assault with a deadly weapon, his shoes.

Jalen: "Were they Jordans?"

:laughing:

Edited by    , June 25, 2013 - 03:10 PM.

yo.

#8 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,970 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 02:31 PM

Using a racist slur and spitting on a man is a way to get your ass beat.  Sounds like the guy deserved it if true. 

#9 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,617 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted June 26, 2013 - 08:00 PM

I want to say it was probably Cowherd who has a nice piece on how today's fan feel a sense of entitlement when it comes to their sports team and professional players mainly because of the surge in prices, whereas in the 80's and early 90's many sports venues were more traditional and a sense of acting like you're at someones home was prevalent. Like demanding an autograph or feeling the right to blast a player who you feel deserves no respect.

Cited the Brawl and the female that flipped of Noah up close as examples of fans overstepping their boundaries, and yet the NBA or others (in particular NFL) not being more strict on fans behaviors aside from the obvious extreme head cases.

Edited by Ven21, June 26, 2013 - 08:00 PM.

• 39,205 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 08:02 PM

^ Great post. I agree mostly and I happen to listen to Colin from time to time myself. He's quite good for the most part.

yo.

#11 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 2,827 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted June 26, 2013 - 08:26 PM

Haha Jalen is that dude. lol

balqfgT.jpg

• 39,205 posts

Posted July 12, 2013 - 01:28 PM

Scottie Pippen Being Sued for $4 Million For Beating Up Fan

The suit says, Shafighi got a “brutal and unjustified physical attack” that included spit in the face, a shove, and a punch that sent Shafighi to the ground.

“At no time did or could Mr. Shafighi physically provoke or fight back, as he was knocked unconscious with the first blow,” the lawsuit says.

yo.

#13 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

All-Star

• 6,840 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted July 12, 2013 - 02:01 PM

Scottie Pippen Being Sued for $4 Million For Beating Up Fan

The suit says, Shafighi got a “brutal and unjustified physical attack” that included spit in the face, a shove, and a punch that sent Shafighi to the ground.

“At no time did or could Mr. Shafighi physically provoke or fight back, as he was knocked unconscious with the first blow,” the lawsuit says.

well if the man spit on Scottie and called him a racial slur than it is justified and will lose the case.

#14 TronVader

TronVader

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Name:Tron
  • Fan Since:Conception
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted July 13, 2013 - 02:44 PM

well if the man spit on Scottie and called him a racial slur than it is justified and will lose the case.

Unfortunately our legal system does not cite justification defenses because someone called you a couple of bad words (even the spit).

Of course, this suit is most likely a ploy to settle for more than $4 mil outside of court

Imagine an strange child who's punching you and your expecting to beat that if you will get serious

Wut

#15 TronVader

TronVader

Rookie

• 279 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 02:48 PM

To clear it up, while spitting is assault in some states, Pippen was not acting reasonable in his justification of self-defense..

Imagine an strange child who's punching you and your expecting to beat that if you will get serious

Wut

#16 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

All-Star

• 6,840 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted July 13, 2013 - 03:37 PM

Unfortunately our legal system does not cite justification defenses because someone called you a couple of bad words (even the spit).

Of course, this suit is most likely a ploy to settle for more than $4 mil outside of court

With Pippens money, he could easily get a good lawyer to make a case for him. The man spit on, assault, and was calling him hateful words, which he could argue he felt he was threaten by. Hope this douche doesn't get a cent

#17 TronVader

TronVader

Rookie

• 279 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 09:40 PM

I don't care how expensive Scottie's lawyer may be. The point is that Scottie got hands on before the other guy did, and that never bodes well in civil suits.

Wut

#18 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,970 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 07:14 AM

Guy will get money in civil court. Won't hear anything more about it after that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users