#1 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,481 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 23, 2013 - 07:22 PM

• 40,365 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 08:07 PM

I know that it's from the director of "Insidious", but still, the story itself seems awfully similar as well. Although that might seem somewhat repetitive, since I happened to like "Insidious", I suppose I could give this a try as well. Love that it's rated R and not PG-13. Hopefully Miss Farmiga has at least a few nice scenes.

yo.

#3 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 23, 2013 - 08:38 PM

Hopefully James Wan doesn't do what he did with Insidious and completely fumble at the goal line with the last 15 minutes.  That wrap-up in Insidious was so terrible and such a letdown to a great ghost story.

In fact, 99% of ghost story movies completely flub the last part, often turning into something incredibly hokey and losing any kind of creepy vibe that was set up.  I'm seriously hoping that they don't do it again with this one.

• 40,365 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 08:40 PM

^ I could not agree more.

yo.

#5 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 27, 2013 - 11:18 PM

Who all has seen it?

I thought it was put together pretty well.  A few people actually walked out, one girl crying...which was weird, to me, but I guess some can't handle movies about possessions.

#6 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,481 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted July 27, 2013 - 11:45 PM

Hopefully James Wan doesn't do what he did with Insidious and completely fumble at the goal line with the last 15 minutes.  That wrap-up in Insidious was so terrible and such a letdown to a great ghost story.

In fact, 99% of ghost story movies completely flub the last part, often turning into something incredibly hokey and losing any kind of creepy vibe that was set up.  I'm seriously hoping that they don't do it again with this one.

I know that clown beast thing looked so stupid to men and the ending was so predictable. They were trying way to hard to be like paranormal activity.

Who all has seen it?

I thought it was put together pretty well.  A few people actually walked out, one girl crying...which was weird, to me, but I guess some can't handle movies about possessions.

I have always found movies like this with demon like things or stuff you cant see is the scariest. My girl was scared to hell by this trailer. The clapping thing scarred her so much. 

#7 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,076 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 28, 2013 - 02:16 AM

Absolutely refuse to watch any horror/scary movie in theaters(or anywhere) sober.

Just not my thing. Last one I saw was one of the Paranormal Activity ones and the only reason I went was because I was buzzing, and my cousins gf sneaked in about 5 Pacificos in her big ass purse bag thing.

And I still was thinking about the movie as I went to sleep that night lol.

Action/Comedy/Drama ftw.

#8 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,230 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted July 28, 2013 - 02:36 AM

Who all has seen it?

I thought it was put together pretty well. A few people actually walked out, one girl crying...which was weird, to me, but I guess some can't handle movies about possessions.

LOL, how old was this girl? I'm assuming she was >17 since the movie was rated R. Hilarious.

I saw it, it starts out slow, but it finishes out real nice. I don't really get scared in the theaters, too many people there. It hits me when I get home and I try to go to sleep. I saw it with a girl and she was scared [expletive]less throughout the movie.

This movie was pretty good, though. The fact that its based on a true story was what made it scary for me.
EAT
SLEEP
CONQUER
REPEAT

#9 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,406 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted July 28, 2013 - 09:40 AM

Absolutely refuse to watch any horror/scary movie in theaters(or anywhere) sober.

Just not my thing. Last one I saw was one of the Paranormal Activity ones and the only reason I went was because I was buzzing, and my cousins gf sneaked in about 5 Pacificos in her big ass purse bag thing.

Action/Comedy/Drama ftw.

Yea I usually have a little Cali green  beforehand and it usually makes the movie scarier haha

But overall pretty good movie, good plot and pretty scary. 

#10 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,766 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 28, 2013 - 10:44 AM

Not one for scary movies. Not because they are scary, their normally just dumb. I have seen scary movies with crowds before and after wards people are like thats scary, and Im like that was dumb. I have actually laughed out loud a few times in the theaters during scary movies, not proud of this but some of the things are just funny to me. I guess I think too logically and dont believe in paranormal stuff so it never really gets to me. Only things in scary movies that ever get me is when someones body bends or contorts in a really weird and impossible way, that gets to me and makes me a little antsy but that is about it.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#11 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,098 posts

Posted July 28, 2013 - 10:50 AM

Action/Comedy/Drama ftw.

arrested-development-osx2b.gif

hR3rI.png

#12 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 28, 2013 - 11:00 AM

LOL, how old was this girl? I'm assuming she was >17 since the movie was rated R. Hilarious.

I saw it, it starts out slow, but it finishes out real nice. I don't really get scared in the theaters, too many people there. It hits me when I get home and I try to go to sleep. I saw it with a girl and she was scared shitless throughout the movie.

This movie was pretty good, though. The fact that its based on a true story was what made it scary for me.

Probably late teens...you could hear her crying, and her boyfriend (I'm assuming) took her out of there.  She was sitting 4-5 rows in front of me, and you could see her flinching at everything, and she kept letting out these little shrieks during the movie...annoying as hell.  We actually thought she was doing it on purpose, at one point.

#13 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,703 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 28, 2013 - 03:21 PM

Going to see it in about an hour. Was wondering if I should and this confirmed it.

Love scary movies from gore to possessions to  horror thrillers, about everything but horror comedies like Chucky ( anything but the first 1)

• 40,365 posts

Posted July 28, 2013 - 05:47 PM

This movie's got great reviews across the board seemingly including the often harsh Rotten Tomatoes.

yo.

#15 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,209 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted July 28, 2013 - 05:52 PM

this was an amazing scary movie!

There's always going to be that one tough guy who says "it wasn't scary" but I guarantee you'd flinch in this one

• 40,365 posts

Posted July 28, 2013 - 06:02 PM

Any decent booty shoots of Vera Farmiga? I've always had a thing for it. It's not huge, but it's decent.

yo.

#17 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,076 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted July 28, 2013 - 06:18 PM

Yea I usually have a little Cali green beforehand and it usually makes the movie scarier haha

But overall pretty good movie, good plot and pretty scary.

I don't smoke anymore, but i've been to the movies high once(Get Him to the Greek) and I can say that it DID enhance the experience haha.

#18 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,873 posts

Posted July 28, 2013 - 06:36 PM

It was a cool movie... I didn't get scared though, but I rarely do... only thing that I don't like about horror movies is when they go overboard with the blood & gore.

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

• 40,365 posts

Posted July 28, 2013 - 06:54 PM

^ Sounds like "Evil Dead" would be perfect for you.

yo.

#20 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,873 posts

Posted July 28, 2013 - 07:02 PM

I watched Evil Dead and it didn't bother me too much... I'm talking about movies like Saw.

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users