Photo

Phil Jackson doesn't think Kobe retires till he passes Jordan in rings and scoring

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,152 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 24, 2013 - 12:14 PM

In my NBA 2k13, Kobe retires in 2018.    

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#22 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,152 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 24, 2013 - 12:16 PM

Sadly for some, if LeBron's beast outta' this world freak body & athleticism combined don't decline too soon, he could very well pass them both himself in scoring more likely than titles.

I am willing to bet a lot of money for this not happening.  For some reason I have a sense that Lebron's final championship was this year.  King James will retire only having 2 championship but ESPN and all the Lebron kiss ass will still put him ahead of Jordan and Kobe because he probably be winning more regular season MVP than anybody.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#23 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 472 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted June 24, 2013 - 01:55 PM

I am willing to bet a lot of money for this not happening.  For some reason I have a sense that Lebron's final championship was this year.  King James will retire only having 2 championship but ESPN and all the Lebron kiss ass will still put him ahead of Jordan and Kobe because he probably be winning more regular season MVP than anybody.

LeBron will never pass Jordan no matter what happens. Its still possible for LeBron to surpass Kobe though. If he wins 2 more rings and grabbing 1 more finals MVP. 

• 40,404 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 01:58 PM

LeBron will never pass Jordan no matter what happens.

In your eyes, but in the media's, that's a whole nother' story.

Its still possible for LeBron to surpass Kobe though.

He already has in most of the media's eyes.

yo.

#25 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,395 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 24, 2013 - 03:02 PM

This is great news. In the direction this team is going, we might be able to watch Kobe Bryant play until he's about 75 years old.

#26 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,172 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 24, 2013 - 03:04 PM

This is great news. In the direction this team is going, we might be able to watch Kobe Bryant play until he's about 75 years old.

So he'll be passing Kareem then?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#27 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,878 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 24, 2013 - 07:43 PM

Problem is "really good" just isn't gonna' cut it. Since when is "really good" for us something to be satisfied about? It's all about championship or bust here and I don't think many believe (& rightfully so) frankly D'Antoni can lead us to that despite the players we might have. After all, what good are the players when the one calling the shots doesn't know how to utilize them best?

Lol. In fantasy world, sure it is. BUT I live in reality.

We aren't winning a title. We aren't a great  enough roster to do that yet.

Why are peple acting DUMB.

Kobe is not even 100% and people are [expletive]INg about a coach.

That is the least productive, asinine thing one can do in my eyes.

#28 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,878 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 07:46 PM

You mean the direction that added two players who were perceived in the TOP 20 by Slam magazine last season and adding to the bench on top of that?

What DIRECTION do you mean>?

Oh the freeing up cap space for 2014 and beyond...

I swear, I HATE our fanbase with it's spoiled ass. We need to go through this and HOPEFULLY purge away ALL teh idiotic fans who don't get SPORTS

#29 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,395 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 07:47 PM

You mean the direction that added two players who were perceived in the TOP 20 by Slam magazine last season and adding to the bench on top of that?

What DIRECTION do you mean>?

Oh the freeing up cap space for 2014 and beyond...

I swear, I HATE our fanbase with it's spoiled ass. We need to go through this and HOPEFULLY purge away ALL teh idiotic fans who don't get SPORTS

I know damn well you aren't calling me an idiotic fan. 

If you are, please say it directly to me, instead of indirectly.  I won't ban you I promise.  Just be a man when you're trying to talk [expletive]. 

#30 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,878 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 08:03 PM

Idiotic fanbase...

Its not one person and its not all fans.

Its our ESPN-manipulated fanbase, who REALLY started believing the HYPE about it being ONLY about titles.

What type of fan realistically is disappointed when a team  who wins MORE THAN ANY OTHER TEAM, has its "down" years?

To me, that is not a fan. that is a glorified band wagoner. 

I mean how many of you are Cowboy and Yankees fans as well?

#31 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,395 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 08:21 PM

Idiotic fanbase...

Its not one person and its not all fans.

Its our ESPN-manipulated fanbase, who REALLY started believing the HYPE about it being ONLY about titles.

What type of fan realistically is disappointed when a team  who wins MORE THAN ANY OTHER TEAM, has its "down" years?

To me, that is not a fan. that is a glorified band wagoner. 

I mean how many of you are Cowboy and Yankees fans as well?

If you've been a Lakers fan since day 1, you would know this is one of, if not the most arrogant, spoiled fan base in all of sports. 

Fans are NEVER going to be happy with down years.  This isn't the Clippers, Wizards, or Cavs fan base. 

Fans are allowed to feel however they want about the team.  I absolutely hate our fan base, I can't even disagree with people that talk crap about us.  Because most of it is all true. 

Fact is, I am not happy with the direction.  Cap space? Realistically, we may end up with no one worth noting until 2015.   I don't need someone to tell me how to think or feel.  I work in sports media and I know how everything works. I know how it's manipulated, I know the ins and outs of it, so I know more about it than most of you do.  Coach? Not happy that we have a coach that needed to be told by a player to change his system, I don't like that he exiled players and forced them to adjust instead of adjusting to them, and I don't like that we have a coach that prefers the three point shot and getting up and down the court opposed to pounding the ball inside and preaching rebounding and defense. 

Jim Buss is a question mark but I am giving him the benefit of the doubt because now we can really judge what he does without his dad hovering over him. 

Lakers fans are spoiled. Bottom line.  We all accept that there will be down years, but it does not mean that we as a fan base need to be okay with it.  Some of us are realistic about it but others are not.  That's how it goes.  A fan base doesn't need to be on the same page and I still have never seen that. 

Take my advice, just accept the fact that you'll hate the fan base.  If you expect them to not be spoiled, go cheer for another team because it's never going to change.  We expect winning and we'll NEVER be okay with losing. 

#32 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,172 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 08:56 PM

If you've been a Lakers fan since day 1, you would know this is one of, if not the most arrogant, spoiled fan base in all of sports. 

Fans are NEVER going to be happy with down years.  This isn't the Clippers, Wizards, or Cavs fan base. 

Fans are allowed to feel however they want about the team.  I absolutely hate our fan base, I can't even disagree with people that talk crap about us.  Because most of it is all true. 

Fact is, I am not happy with the direction.  Cap space? Realistically, we may end up with no one worth noting until 2015.   I don't need someone to tell me how to think or feel.  I work in sports media and I know how everything works. I know how it's manipulated, I know the ins and outs of it, so I know more about it than most of you do.  Coach? Not happy that we have a coach that needed to be told by a player to change his system, I don't like that he exiled players and forced them to adjust instead of adjusting to them, and I don't like that we have a coach that prefers the three point shot and getting up and down the court opposed to pounding the ball inside and preaching rebounding and defense. 

Jim Buss is a question mark but I am giving him the benefit of the doubt because now we can really judge what he does without his dad hovering over him. 

Lakers fans are spoiled. Bottom line.  We all accept that there will be down years, but it does not mean that we as a fan base need to be okay with it.  Some of us are realistic about it but others are not.  That's how it goes.  A fan base doesn't need to be on the same page and I still have never seen that. 

Take my advice, just accept the fact that you'll hate the fan base.  If you expect them to not be spoiled, go cheer for another team because it's never going to change.  We expect winning and we'll NEVER be okay with losing. 

Agree here, I can't stand some of the fanbase either with some of their comments.

I mean I've been on LakersNation's facebook page whenever they post ANY article whether it's true or speculation there's about 300 STUPID posts by people that don't know.

Seriously, in any post with Dwight Howard you got about 150 people going "WE DON'T NEED DWIGHT" and another 200 going "JUST LET DWIGHT WALK AND SIGN CHRIS PAUL!!"    And getting 100 likes....

I've just come to grips with it now although I will let it tick me off at times when I'm having one of my days though.

So I just try to take solace with the people on here that know what they are talking about, and luckily on this site there's quite a few.

IT ain't like the ESPN boards and I am VERY thankful for that.

• 40,404 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 09:26 PM

^ Lol. I know exactly what you mean. There are far too many people on Facebook especially who have no business whatsoever commenting on sports. So many of the stupidest posts you'll ever see. It is simply maddening. I don't have twitter or instagram, So I can't comment on those, but I'd imagine there's a lot of the same.

yo.

#34 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,878 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 09:33 PM

I've seen the fan base grow worse in years. it's not the high expectations.

it's the fact that no one can understand  that you PAY A COST when you win multiple titles.

We have been through it BEFORE.

It's the famous phrase "Act like you've been here".

I mean this 'Jim Buss" thing is ___________ ESPN propaganda.

All the KNOWN Owners are flashy in some way , and put themselves out there. Dan Gilbert, Russian guy, Mark Cuban, etc.

Stephen A Smith and Ramona Shelburne pushed this Jim Buss thing, because he didn't WANT a relationship with the MEDIA.

They SAID he was CHEAP. He OBVIOUSLY isn't. 

He got rid of the guy they said he would not part with. Why does Jim Buss havve to be held to some standard we have never had for any owner in sports.

Spend money and low profile.

Just because he didn't want to give Phil a BUNCH of control of the team?

Man, again, that's not what i remember.

I remember Lakers fans not being mad at Jerry West and LOING the LOSER Nick Van Exel as our NUMBER ONE PLAYER in the 1990's.

It's funny, I know that there were fans who don't realize we didn't win i the 1990s, and we also have a GREAT shot of not winning in the 2010s.

#35 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,395 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 09:37 PM

Of course it's worse.  The new generation of fans are affected by social media.  Tweets of news and rumors can be delivered to fans at any second. 

Again, it's something you have to deal with and should just accept.  It's not changing and it will only get worse than it is now.  It's not going to get better. 

#36 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,172 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 09:46 PM

Of course it's worse.  The new generation of fans are affected by social media.  Tweets of news and rumors can be delivered to fans at any second. 

Again, it's something you have to deal with and should just accept.  It's not changing and it will only get worse than it is now.  It's not going to get better. 

I understand this.. But I swear if I see another "Let Dwight Walk and sign Josh Smith and Chris Paul it's so simple" Comment I'm gonna crack!!!! :blowup:

#37 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,395 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 09:54 PM

I understand this.. But I swear if I see another "Let Dwight Walk and sign Josh Smith and Chris Paul it's so simple" Comment I'm gonna crack!!!! :blowup:

I don't even pay attention to those type of fans anymore.

Why am I going to waste my time attempting to even argue with people that have the same amount of basketball knowledge as my dog?

The way I see it, I know what's right, I know what's realistic, and I know what's impossible when it comes to sports. I'm content with my own opinion.

• 40,404 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 09:59 PM

Sometimes you just wish you could legally grab these people and pull a Homer:

bart-getting-choked-o.gif

yo.

#39 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,172 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 10:04 PM

Sometimes you just wish you could legally grab these people and pull a Homer:

bart-getting-choked-o.gif

I should seriously make a thread here like our gameday threads and show what some of our fans say on facebook at times.

I've seen things like "We were better defensively with Pau instead of a washed up Dwight."  to "Dwight didn't improve our team defensively let him walk"   to "Let him walk, and use that money to sign Josh Smith or Chris Paul!  Then Trade Pau for Kevin Love! Easy!"  or "trade Pau to the Clippers for Blake Griffin, then send Dwight there cause we don't need him"  to "Smush was better than Nash"

I do this a lot :wall:

#40 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,509 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 11:46 PM

Lol. In fantasy world, sure it is. BUT I live in reality.

We aren't winning a title. We aren't a great enough roster to do that yet.

Why are peple acting DUMB.

Kobe is not even 100% and people are [expletive]INg about a coach.

That is the least productive, asinine thing one can do in my eyes.

Wow. You know everything.

MMiRi9s.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users