Photo

Could Rajon Rondo possibly be a target for the Lakers?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,037 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 24, 2013 - 02:17 PM

I just don't see who we would trade for Rondo other than maybe Howard. 

#62 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,343 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 24, 2013 - 02:56 PM

I just don't see who we would trade for Rondo other than maybe Howard. 

Depends on how desperate Boston is.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#63 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,847 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 01:31 AM

^ No way. Forum would instantly lose way too much activity. Not enough people consistently helping in that regard.

You kidding me, its summer. Manaro has all the activity this summer, wait for the threads..

#64 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,557 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 25, 2013 - 01:41 AM

Boston is not going to trade Rondo for anything less than a young building-block and/or picks.

The only possible scenario is if we do some type of 3-way deal and take on a few of their bad deals.

Perhaps like this:

Toronto get: Steve Nash. Nash is perhpas the type of player needed to handle the talent in Toronto.         

Lakers get: Rajon Rondo, Courtney Lee and Jeff Green. We then take us out of 2014 Free Agency - worth it?

Celtics get: Gasol and Toronto’s first round pick + fillers. Celtics get less for Rondo than they could get other places but unload two of their long-term deals. Celtics would be a major player in the 2014 free agency.

#65 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,071 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted June 25, 2013 - 04:24 AM

So Toronto is going to trade a high 1st round pick for Steve Nash? The Celtics trading away their 2 youngest and best players for Gasol?  That makes 0 sense whatsoever

Boston is not going to trade Rondo for anything less than a young building-block and/or picks.

The only possible scenario is if we do some type of 3-way deal and take on a few of their bad deals.

Perhaps like this:

Toronto get: Steve Nash. Nash is perhpas the type of player needed to handle the talent in Toronto.         

Lakers get: Rajon Rondo, Courtney Lee and Jeff Green. We then take us out of 2014 Free Agency - worth it?

Celtics get: Gasol and Toronto’s first round pick + fillers. Celtics get less for Rondo than they could get other places but unload two of their long-term deals. Celtics would be a major player in the 2014 free agency.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#66 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,014 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted June 25, 2013 - 08:21 AM

i like how every superstar is now a possibility

Hasn't it always been like that lol.

The thing is while others might disagree, I actually do see the possibility of them moving Rondo as something legit. Boston hasn't come out, but I do believe they would rather get a new fresh start than try and build around Rondo. If Rondo hits market, not many teams that have expiring contracts like ours, but we also don't have valuable picks if any.

Edited by Ven21, June 25, 2013 - 08:21 AM.

#67 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,557 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 08:33 AM

So Toronto is going to trade a high 1st round pick for Steve Nash? The Celtics trading away their 2 youngest and best players for Gasol?  That makes 0 sense whatsoever

I'm not saying this deal will happen. I'm just saying that for Rondo to be a Laker it would probably look somewhat like this. 

Alos, Toronto probably would trade a first round draft pick this year for Nash, if they had one. Nash is canadian and Toronto would love to have him.

Regarding the Celtics, i think they'd love to get out of both Green and Lee's contracts, that are quite long. With a deal like this Boston would be able to bottom out for a couple of years, get a few high picks and then build from the bottom up.  

• 40,431 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 11:27 AM

You kidding me, its summer. Manaro has all the activity this summer, wait for the threads..

Nah, manaro hasn't been as active as he once was in a long time, especially since Kobe went down to injury. He seemed to be ultra-active when Kobe was active. Now that Kobe's seemingly away so much and with his injury, so is manaro.

yo.

#69 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,071 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted June 25, 2013 - 11:31 AM

No sir, after this year even Bryan Colangelo isnt trading a lottery pick for Steve Nash.  Guys put way too much stock in home towns and countries.  Bringing Nash in who at this point isnt a better player than Kyle Lowry for a pick would be incredibly stupid and does nothing for the interest of the fan base.  Go ask them yourself. 

I'm not saying this deal will happen. I'm just saying that for Rondo to be a Laker it would probably look somewhat like this. 

Alos, Toronto probably would trade a first round draft pick this year for Nash, if they had one. Nash is canadian and Toronto would love to have him.

Regarding the Celtics, i think they'd love to get out of both Green and Lee's contracts, that are quite long. With a deal like this Boston would be able to bottom out for a couple of years, get a few high picks and then build from the bottom up.  

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#70 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,733 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 25, 2013 - 12:36 PM

Rondo? I've never liked him, I've never liked a PG who can't hit a jumpshot to save his life. He is elite defensively and he is also a great playmaker and fast-break scorer, but his shooting is beyond terrible and he won't improve it. 

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#71 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,343 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 25, 2013 - 12:59 PM

Ya'll are complaining about Rondo's jump shot?

Despite having no jump shot he's a triple double machine and one of the best PGs in the league as well as one of the most clutch, that jump shot seems to show up when his team needs it most. 

smh some people..

Ya'll act like they grow on trees when you get picky about who you want.

NO other fanbase would say "I don't want Rajon Rondo on our team cause his jump shot is suspect" ,,,

Ya'll have the best shooting point guard in the league and potentially all time(Nash) and you disregard and take him for granted,  but some of ya'll don't want Rondo cause suddenly you care about his jump shot??

SMH

Edited by Majesty, June 25, 2013 - 12:59 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

• 40,431 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 01:02 PM

^ Only CP3 I can think of who gives you the best of both tables overall aka the total/complete package.

yo.

#73 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 137 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted June 26, 2013 - 07:57 AM

Well, while we're all dreaming, I was thinking last night about a 4-way trade between us, the Wolves, Cavs, and Celtics. We would get Rondo, the Wolves would get Pau, the Cavs would get Love, and the Celtics would get the Cavs draft pick. Then we could shop Nash for an athletic wing or stretch 4. It would be great to have Rondo on the team - I would take him on one knee over a 40 year old Nash any day, and it would be great to have more players with a killer instinct personality. Never going to happen, though...

#74 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 920 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted June 26, 2013 - 11:05 AM

I became a Rondo fan when he dislocated his elbow against Miami, and came back in the 4th to play with one hand. Just seems like something Kobe would do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users