Photo

Could Rajon Rondo possibly be a target for the Lakers?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,121 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 11:37 AM

One piece of information that has not come out during the alive/dead/alive/dead Celtics-Clippers trade talks is Rivers’ motivation in wanting to leave the Celtics.

It isn’t just that he doesn’t want to be a part of a rebuilding situation; it is because he has an intense dislike for point guard Rajon Rondo.

A source close to the Celtics tells Chris Sheridan of SheridanHoops.com that Rondo dropped an F-bomb on Rivers in the locker room during a team meeting, and Rivers went after Rondo and tried to fight him before the fracas was broken up.

- Chris Sheridan

Doc Rivers will only want to stay if the Celtics play on contending, not rebuilding. If the Celtics do plan to rebuild, I do not see why Rondo will want to stay there when he is entering his prime. The Celtics will look for young pieces and draft picks, and this is something that the Lakers do not have. However, we do have Pau's expiring contract, there could be teams looking to take in Nash (Yes, he is expandable), and Steve Blake is coming off a stud playoff performance (His stock may have gone up). We cannot do this straight up with the Celtics, so a third or fourth team is going to have to get involved. As it seems the Lakers are committed to Mike D'Antoni, might as well bring in a point-guard that can play the run and gun system. Rondo is a terrific defender for someone at his position, but does lack a jump-shot. Thoughts?

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#2 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,089 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted June 23, 2013 - 11:44 AM

Doubt it, would love to have him tho 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#3 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,808 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 23, 2013 - 12:00 PM

Rondo is one of my favorite players to watch, sucks he got hurt this year. Doubt he is gonna come here

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#4 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 914 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 23, 2013 - 12:58 PM

Rondo is a triple double machine in the playoffs. Would love to have him handle the ball, play d, and bring the energy he does to every game for us

#5 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,100 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 01:05 PM

I'd trade everyone but Dwight or Kobe for him

Problem is everyone isn't exactly that enticing
Posted Image

#6 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,100 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 01:16 PM

I would love to send them pau and Nash, let them run a retirement home and try and contend with KG, pierce, Nash and pau

Pau and Nash for rondo, terry, and lee works financially but it leaves the lakers unbalanced as hell

Boston probably makes out better, getting rid of all of their bad contracts and on top of the pain in their neck in rondo

But that's the only way you convince Boston to sen rondo here for those two, is by taking their bad contracts.

So basically the lakers would have to determine if rondo is worth giving up the 2014 and 2015 free agency classes
Posted Image

#7 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 23, 2013 - 01:25 PM

I would love to send them pau and Nash, let them run a retirement home and try and contend with KG, pierce, Nash and pau

Pau and Nash for rondo, terry, and lee works financially but it leaves the lakers unbalanced as hell

Boston probably makes out better, getting rid of all of their bad contracts and on top of the pain in their neck in rondo

But that's the only way you convince Boston to sen rondo here for those two, is by taking their bad contracts.

So basically the lakers would have to determine if rondo is worth giving up the 2014 and 2015 free agency classes

everything u said was horrible, boston isnt dumb

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#8 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,121 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 01:26 PM

That is why you get a third or fourth team in. 

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#9 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,520 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted June 23, 2013 - 01:28 PM

IDK, the dude seems to be a big problem within the locker room.

First Ray Allen and now DOC???

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#10 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,100 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 01:33 PM

Shut up Hun
Posted Image

#11 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,121 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 01:34 PM

IDK, the dude seems to be a big problem within the locker room.

First Ray Allen and now DOC???

Kobe loves Rondo bro. This is what he said about him in February after Rondo was taking heavy criticism:

"You don't want Rondo? Send him my way," Kobe declared. "I love everything about him. Everything. I love his attitude, I love his chippiness, his edge, his intellect, his know-it-allness. All of it. That's what makes championship players.

"What guard have you seen at his size that will get you 18 assists, 17 boards and 20 points all in one game? That's unheard of. I love that kid. I always make a point of talking to him during All-Star [Weekend]. He's one of my favorites."

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#12 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,886 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 23, 2013 - 01:38 PM

I'd be happy if Lakers somehow got him, but I doubt it.

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#13 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,808 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 01:43 PM

Kobe loves Rondo bro. This is what he said about him in February after Rondo was taking heavy criticism:

Kobe knows when a player has fire it can easily be channeled into their game and not off the court. There is a difference between being an edgy player and one that is just flat out not caring. Rondo is the first one, and bynum is the second.

#14 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,520 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted June 23, 2013 - 01:50 PM

Kobe knows when a player has fire it can easily be channeled into their game and not off the court. There is a difference between being an edgy player and one that is just flat out not caring. Rondo is the first one, and bynum is the second.

Exactly.

Guys like Doc Rivers and Ray Allen are highly respected and for a young talent such as Rondo to force them away from such a historic franchise is no small incident.  There must be much bigger issues he is causing.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#15 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,767 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 01:51 PM

I'd take him, its his injury that is concerning, but its worth the gamble ..

get Rondo and a bad contract from Celtics send pau there and Nash to a third team with Hill or Clark  that team sends 2 pick to Celtics..

#16 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,808 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 02:00 PM

I'd take him, its his injury that is concerning, but its worth the gamble ..

get Rondo and a bad contract from Celtics send pau there and Nash to a third team with Hill or Clark  that team sends 2 pick to Celtics..

Yea the injury is a little disconcerting, but I never seen a player tear an ACL and then kinda walk through it on the court and walk off the court like it was no big deal. Tearing an ACL is def a serious thing but it seems as if rondos wasnt nearly as bad as it could of been especially since it was the ACL, which is the better ligament to tear out of that and the MCL.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, June 23, 2013 - 02:01 PM.

#17 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,187 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 23, 2013 - 02:11 PM

What if the Lakers get in the mix with the Celtics and Clippers? Since Boston is rebuilding, why start from scratch... New coach, younger team and new direction. I am terrible at making deals, but I'd throw that in
Posted Image

#18 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,089 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted June 23, 2013 - 02:13 PM

keep in mind guys. the backcourt will be questionable since him and Kobe coming off severe knee injuries  

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#19 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,686 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 23, 2013 - 02:42 PM

BLASPHEMY!!!

rr_kobe2.jpg

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#20 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,113 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 02:44 PM

Rondo - Kobe - Howard would be hella fun to watch.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)