#41 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,439 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 23, 2013 - 10:04 PM

In the short term, of course Dwight going to Houston makes sense.  However, I think Spurs, Memphis, OKC and DEFINITELY Miami are leaps and bounds better and ultimately after 2-3 seasons he will see that the team has no hopes and regret leaving LA.

Lakers ALWAYS find themselves in a contender position every few years.  Of course, this is assuming Jim Buss starts accepting a different role.

Jim Buss lets Phil come in as a consultant and sit in through meetings, and was also willing to part with Bynum. 

His big mistake was not bringing in the right coach but he's shown other things to show he will give some rope.

Fact of the matter is a few months ago we were hearing how they all despised Phil and wanted nothing to do with him, now months later we hear that Phil is a consultant, has sat in on meetings and Jeanie teases Jim like a sister would about not picking Phil over Dantoni.

So it may not be as bleak "in house" as we once thought.  As more of the story comes out the more faith I continue to gain.  Know what I mean?

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#42 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Starter

• 5,260 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 23, 2013 - 10:27 PM

Lakers ALWAYS find themselves in a contender position every few years.  Of course, this is assuming Jim Buss starts accepting a different role.

Actually, Lakers have only contended when they have had Jerry West and another AllStar or Magic and another superstar or Kobe and another All-Star.

Kobe had Smush Parker as a teammate , so he lost some years in that sense. But in the 1990s , the Lakers were NOT a contender AT all

#43 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,439 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 23, 2013 - 10:36 PM

Actually, Lakers have only contended when they have had Jerry West and another AllStar or Magic and another superstar or Kobe and another All-Star.

Kobe had Smush Parker as a teammate , so he lost some years in that sense. But in the 1990s , the Lakers were NOT a contender AT all

Nope, but in the 90s I used to watch the Lakers and enjoy them but I always knew they'd lose despite their talent.  I LOVED the entertainment i got from Nick Van Exel and from Eddie Jones.

When they got Shaq and Kobe I was happy but at the same time I didn't think they'd beat the Bulls.  Although I loved the times Eddie Jones and Kobe would play together, though rare it may have been :)

They lost to the Jazz whom I despised because of the things Karl Malone said about Magic Johnson so I always wanted the Bulls to beat them. 

But when the Lakers got Phil Jackson I thought I lived in an alternate reality where everything I wished would come true.  I felt like I was getting everything I loved about the Bulls and their style to the Lakers and knew success was coming. 

Which I was happy about because I had cried the year before when the Spurs swept the Lakers in the last game at the forum :(

Edited by Majesty, June 23, 2013 - 10:37 PM.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#44 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,322 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 10:50 PM

Lol funny

Posted Image

#45 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 3,941 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted June 24, 2013 - 05:12 AM

Dont believe it at all. Makes absolutely 0 sense. Go work with The Dream & Kareem again. D12 should also work out with Duncan over the summer & learn how you dont always have to use an explosive move to get your shot off.  

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users