Danny Green goes to Heat after party night of game 7

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,455 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted June 22, 2013 - 05:11 AM

IMO thats as heartless and as sell out as someone can ever be.

The league has become disgusting.  :turrible:  :turrible:

Could you even fathom the thought of Bird and Magic partying together after the Celts or Lakers won.

Thursday night after LeBron James and the Miami Heat eliminated Green and the Spurs in Game 7 of the NBA Finals, Green was seen at a Miami club partying with James and other members of Heat nation.

http://bleacherrepor...rty-celebration

Edited by LakersGAFan, June 22, 2013 - 05:22 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#2 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted June 22, 2013 - 07:28 AM

IMO, I would never do that as a professional athlete.....but there was probably mad women at the party

#3 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,930 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted June 22, 2013 - 08:34 AM

Yeah, that would be pretty difficult to go party with the team that just knocked you out earlier. I'm sure they are friends, but still.. :smug:

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#4 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,057 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted June 22, 2013 - 08:56 AM

Phil Jackson (not me) said the League is fixed now because everybody tries to be friends. I remember seeing Michael Cooper sitting next to Bill Laimbeer in The ABC studio and you could tell by Coop's body language even though it's over twenty years later, he Still hates Laimbeer's guts!

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#5 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 22, 2013 - 09:51 AM

How could you do that? What happened to the competitiveness? If it were me, I wouldnt want to be near the Heat until the next season starts.

Posted Image

#6 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,837 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 22, 2013 - 09:59 AM

Well he just pathetic. Durant couldnt stand to look at lebron in the Olympics last year when team USA first started playing together after the thunder lost to the heat, and Green just goes out and parties with them. Now maybe he started missing those threes on purpose in game 6 and 7 ahaha

Edited by PhillyLaker24, June 22, 2013 - 09:59 AM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#7 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,010 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted June 22, 2013 - 10:12 AM

It is one thing to be friendly and on good terms with other player (even though I'd prefer it like in the 80's and 90's), but how are you going to go to the after party right when your team lost a crushing Game 7, that's basically celebrating your loss. Duncan and Parker looked miserable and Green is there living it up. People saying Green is just showing sportsmanship, which is ridiculous.

Forget old school players which obviously would never do this, but today's' players with the old school mentality and competitiveness like Kobe, KG and and even Dirk. I think it is pathetic, but on any level to go and celebrate with the team that defeats you whether college or high school.

Let's be honest, if after the 2008 Finals and I guess someone like Ariza, Farmar or even Odom went and partied with the Celtics, you'd be screaming at having them removed from the team.

Edited by Ven21, June 22, 2013 - 10:15 AM.

#8 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,160 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted June 22, 2013 - 10:20 AM

Oh this is not a big deal, its not like Heat-Spurs are rivals. Plus, they were teammates for 3 years in Cleveland 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

• 40,416 posts

Posted June 22, 2013 - 10:21 AM

Already posted:

http://lakernation.c...00#entry1367006

yo.

#10 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted June 22, 2013 - 10:58 AM

Already posted:

http://lakernation.c...00#entry1367006

eh...this seems thread worthy

#11 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,403 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 22, 2013 - 11:16 AM

Just a thought, but is it at all possible that Green and some friends decided to go out to the clubs in Miami and it just happened to be the one where LeBron and them were at? 

Still pretty lame that Green would even want to go out to a club after losing in the NBA Finals. 

• 40,416 posts

Posted June 22, 2013 - 11:20 AM

^ Yeah, especially when you see something like this in contrast:

1043947_10151708849391122_1023402164_n.j

yo.

#13 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,101 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 22, 2013 - 12:50 PM

That's a Spur for ya

Pau Gasol is GONE

#14 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,390 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 22, 2013 - 09:50 PM

Well he just pathetic. Durant couldnt stand to look at lebron in the Olympics last year when team USA first started playing together after the thunder lost to the heat, and Green just goes out and parties with them. Now maybe he started missing those threes on purpose in game 6 and 7 ahaha

You mean after spending the summer working out with him?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#15 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,837 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 22, 2013 - 10:04 PM

You mean after spending the summer working out with him?

They were both on team USA what was he suppose to do spurn his country for his own personal vendetta?

"It's tough to lose in the Finals and play the guy you've been going up against for five games who beat you," Durant said in an ESPN report. "This is bigger than that. So me, I'm just going to get over it, still be a great teammate, come out and play hard."

Still, Durant admitted that it bothers him to see James so soon after his loss.

"It does. It does, but what can I do?" Durant said Tuesday. "He's my teammate now. I'm a team player."

Durant said it a few times that it was hard to just see bron everyday in the gym. He wanted to play for his country its not like he was happy to be james teammate and damn sure wouldnt went to any club with James after he lost in the finals.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#16 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,390 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 23, 2013 - 03:28 PM

They were both on team USA what was he suppose to do spurn his country for his own personal vendetta?

"It's tough to lose in the Finals and play the guy you've been going up against for five games who beat you," Durant said in an ESPN report. "This is bigger than that. So me, I'm just going to get over it, still be a great teammate, come out and play hard."

Still, Durant admitted that it bothers him to see James so soon after his loss.

"It does. It does, but what can I do?" Durant said Tuesday. "He's my teammate now. I'm a team player."

Durant said it a few times that it was hard to just see bron everyday in the gym. He wanted to play for his country its not like he was happy to be james teammate and damn sure wouldnt went to any club with James after he lost in the finals.

Yes but Durant also talked about how close he and LeBron were and how they work out together during the summer and he had no issue with it.

That's why Skip Bayless on First Take said LeBron "owns" him and it was a whole controversy on was it alright or wasn't it alright for them to work out in the summer together etc.

ALSO

Got give credit to Miami...but don't think for one sec I was out celebrating with them...jus happened to be at the same place, wrong time

Danny Green did not party with us on Thursday night. He came to say congrats and I told him how proud of him I was for taking advantage... full advantage of the opportunity he was giving and keep going. We dapped up, showed love and he left. #StopBelievingAllYouHear

/thread

Edited by Majesty, June 23, 2013 - 03:29 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

• 40,416 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 03:32 PM

^ Of course they're gonna' say that though. Would you honestly expect any differently? Whether true or not or mostly PC given answers, you could still argue that it does not look right, especially when you see images of Duncan on the contrary the way he was.

It was probably just a tad too soon. Horrid timing.

yo.

#18 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,010 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted June 23, 2013 - 03:39 PM

I don't buy it, how would anyone not know you are about to enter a club with the Miami Heat celebrating the way they do. If he wanted to be friendly ok, but not in that scenario. If you want to party with them then at least wait a few days. You don't think some in the SA organization raised a few eyebrows with this.

Again as a fan I would be angry if one of our players went and partied with the team that beat us in the Finals. I don't expect Green to experience the same low as someone like Duncan who is a marquee player and his legacy, but still, Green really set himself up for criticism with this one.

#19 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,261 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 23, 2013 - 03:40 PM

If anyone should have been out celebrating with the Heat it should have been that [expletive]ing scrub Manu. Did they confirm him as an honorary champion yet?

• 40,416 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 03:48 PM

^ You are absolutely right. Shame on the Heat for not sending out an invitation to Manu. How ungrateful they are.

I don't buy it, how would anyone not know you are about to enter a club with the Miami Heat celebrating the way they do. If he wanted to be friendly ok, but not in that scenario. If you want to party with them then at least wait a few days. You don't think some in the SA organization raised a few eyebrows with this.

Again as a fan I would be angry if one of our players went and partied with the team that beat us in the Finals. I don't expect Green to experience the same low as someone like Duncan who is a marquee player and his legacy, but still, Green really set himself up for criticism with this one.

:clap2:

yo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users