Photo

Andrei Kirilenko Likely To Wait Until After Draft To Decide On Option

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,628 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted June 22, 2013 - 12:44 AM

Flip Saunders Unsure Of Andrei Kirilenko's Free Agency Plans

Andrei+Kirilenko+Minnesota+Timberwolves+

Andre Kirilenko needs to decide days before July 1 whether he will exercise next season on his contract with the Minnesota Timberwolves or opt for free agency.

Flip Saunders is not sure of Kirilenko's plans.

“We don’t have a gut feel,” Saunders said of Kirilenko’s plans. “It’s a lot of money, at $10 million, to say you’re going to opt out of it. But anything can happen. You know how that goes.”

Kirilenko averaged 12.4 points an 5.7 rebounds in 64 games this season.

http://hangtime.blog...lman-to-return/

#2 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,628 posts

Posted June 22, 2013 - 12:47 AM

Andrei Kirilenko Likely To Wait Until After Draft To Decide On Option

by: Jerry Zgoda

I spoke with Andrei Kirilenko from the south of France just a few minutes ago and he said he probably won't decide whether to pick up his $10 million-plus option for next year until after next week's draft.

Kirilenko has until June 29 to make up his mind, a curious date because it's two days after the June 27 draft.

"I think it will come right after the draft,'" he said of his decision when reached today just after dinnertime in France.

You'd think the Wolves would want to know Kirilenko's status heading into the draft so they can make informed decisions, but that's the date in the two-year contract David Kahn reached with him last summer.

Kirilenko said he hasn't spoken with his agent at length about the matter yet, but plans to do so in the next three to four days.

Kahn's departure and the arrival of new basketball ops president Flip Saunders probably will affect Kirilenko's decision.

Kahn would have been more likely to offer Kirilenko a substantial three-year extension -- maybe even at similar money -- that he is seeking here at age 32.

Saunders might be willing to offer him, say, a two-year deal if Kirilenko opts out of next season, but you can bet it won't be at $10 million per year.

Kirilenko has said he could walk away from that $10 million because this might be the last chance in his career for a multi-year extension rather than take a chance on next summer, when Miami's big three all could hit free agency if each so chooses.

He also has said his family will help make the decision. His three children like living in the United States and he said late last season that they enjoy living in Minnesota.

http://www.startribu.../212362091.html

#3 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,628 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 10:44 AM

Andrei Kirilenko Opts Out Of Contract With Timberwolves

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Andrei Kirilenko is opting out of the final year of a contract that would have paid him $10 million next season with the Minnesota Timberwolves, making him a free agent.

Kirilenko made the decision on Saturday, the deadline that was written into the two-year, $20 million deal he signed last summer, a person with knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press. The person requested anonymity because an official announcement has not been made.

In turning down the final year of his contract with the Timberwolves, Kirilenko is instead hoping to get a little extra security with a longer term deal when the market opens at 12:01 a.m. Eastern on July 1.

The versatile forward is coming off a rejuvenating year in which he averaged 12.4 points, 5.7 rebounds and 1.5 steals per game for the Wolves, his best season in the league since 2005-06. The 32-year-old had more spring in his step after spending the lockout year playing at home in Russia, and he flourished in Rick Adelman's free-flowing system.

http://www.nba.com/2...ls=iref:nbahpts

I wonder if the Nets are still interested in him.

• 40,431 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 11:39 AM

^ I think they should be cause I think he could be a nice fit for them plus the fact that their owner is Russian & all, they might know each other a bit or he might be a fan.

yo.

#5 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,493 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted July 02, 2013 - 10:43 PM

yeah i have a feeling hes gonna go to the nets this off season since he opted out.

Posted Image

#6 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,805 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 03, 2013 - 05:17 AM

yeah i have a feeling hes gonna go to the nets this off season since he opted out.

Dude opted out of 10 million to play for vets min?

do the nets have any cap space?

#7 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,873 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 03, 2013 - 06:15 AM

Dude opted out of 10 million to play for vets min?

do the nets have any cap space?

Guess he wants to play for his country men. Mother Russia ! lol

He should of stayed with the T wolves they are putting a nice little team together.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, July 03, 2013 - 06:15 AM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#8 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,023 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 03, 2013 - 11:48 AM

I think the Nets think is off , considering Pierce is there but I could be wrong

But THIS is a MMLE guy for us

Still plays young

#9 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,493 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted July 05, 2013 - 09:45 AM

even if he plays for minimum. He will probably get paid under the table. I know i would play for nets if i was him and it is his country men

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users