Photo

Billy Crystal Explains Why He Picked Clippers Over Lakers & Responds To Darius Morris

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

• 40,604 posts

Posted June 21, 2013 - 11:02 PM

Darius is really starting to get more of that spotlight.

Interesting back & forth between he & Billy.

yo.

#2 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,865 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted June 21, 2013 - 11:18 PM

damn hipster

#3 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 2,048 posts

Posted June 22, 2013 - 01:11 AM

I "could care" less about him..

#4 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,274 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 23, 2013 - 02:48 AM

Lol

Love how one person is laughing...
Clippers are pathetic

#5 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 9,040 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Grant

Posted June 23, 2013 - 07:36 AM

What a stupid reason.

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

#6 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 23, 2013 - 07:37 AM

my_giant.jpg

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#7 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,833 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted June 23, 2013 - 04:45 PM

So the man can't like a team not named the Lakers? At least he isnt a bandwagon guy

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#8 Anautikus

Anautikus

#DominateLA

• 689 posts
  • Fan Since:All Star Weekend '98
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, the Candyman

Posted June 23, 2013 - 05:35 PM

To Mr. Crystal, my response would be:

264.jpg

#DominateInjuries

#DominateHashtags

#DominateDominating

#KobeSystem

#9 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,113 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 23, 2013 - 06:15 PM

To Mr. Crystal, my response would be:

264.jpg

Mr Crystal's response would likely be..

Apparently somebody cared enough to..

find the thread,

read it,

think about it,

go to google,

find a gif of spongebob,

and post it in the thread :)

Edited by Majesty, June 23, 2013 - 06:16 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

• 40,604 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 06:20 PM

:laughing:

yo.

#11 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,006 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted June 24, 2013 - 08:18 AM

Who the [expletive] is Billy Crystal and why should i care?

#12 God Shammgod

God Shammgod

"Drink Hennessey straight, with tomato juice"

• 752 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 08:37 AM

I see your Billy Crystal and raise you Jack Nicholson

/Thread

#13 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 24, 2013 - 10:47 AM

We should all live life like Billy Crystal.

Pick the ugliest women, the worse cars, eat the worst food, go watch the worst movies just because we like the underdog.

#14 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 322 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted June 25, 2013 - 03:25 PM

The fact is that presently the Clippers are a vastly better team than the Lakers.  I don't think there should be any question as to that proposition. 

The Clippers will improve this Summer, in two ways:  (1) Hiring one of the best active coaches in the NBA--Doc Rivers (one of four active coaches with a ring) and (2) Re-signing Chris Paul. 

The Lakers, on the other hand, will probably not make any new trades or signs, and will still have a bloated salary with a bumch of malcontents and under-achievers.  Kobe won't play until Christmas, and the question is how far in the hole will the Lakers be at Christmas and can they dig their selves out of it in four months.  The 2013-14 Season is likely to be worse than the 2012-13 Season in my judgment. 

#15 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,113 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 06:33 PM

The fact is that presently the Clippers are a vastly better team than the Lakers.  I don't think there should be any question as to that proposition. 

The Clippers will improve this Summer, in two ways:  (1) Hiring one of the best active coaches in the NBA--Doc Rivers (one of four active coaches with a ring) and (2) Re-signing Chris Paul. 

The Lakers, on the other hand, will probably not make any new trades or signs, and will still have a bloated salary with a bumch of malcontents and under-achievers.  Kobe won't play until Christmas, and the question is how far in the hole will the Lakers be at Christmas and can they dig their selves out of it in four months.  The 2013-14 Season is likely to be worse than the 2012-13 Season in my judgment. 

So if the Lakers re-sign Dwight, sign Brewer and Wright and re-sign Clark that that's insignificant?

Fact is if the Lakers re-sign Dwight people's opinions will do a 180. 

The NBA don't want a healthy Dwight on the Lakers with Kobe.   That's a good combination and Kobe said he's looking to be back by November or December at "latest"

In my opinion if and when Dwight re-signs that's when signings and things start to pick up to see what the front office is gonna do.   Because till Dwight decides the only movers our front office is gonna make is in the draft.

#16 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 322 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted June 26, 2013 - 10:27 AM

"So if the Lakers re-sign Dwight, sign Brewer and Wright and re-sign Clark that that's insignificant?"

Actually yes. 

--Dwight was a non-factor in all but the last few games, this will be his team until December

--Kobe will be gone for the 1st half of the season, and probably limited minutes for the rest.  There may be chemistry issues. 

--Pao and Metta, two under-performers will still be with the team

--And Antoni, everyone's favorite will still be the coach.

I see the Lakers getting worse, not better this summer.  I see the Clippers getting a lot better, and with that new coach, Doc Rivers, they will win 10 more games.  I don't see the Lakers winning 10 more games, I see them about where they were add, and perhaps 5 games less. 

#17 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,113 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 06:55 PM

"So if the Lakers re-sign Dwight, sign Brewer and Wright and re-sign Clark that that's insignificant?"

Actually yes. 

--Dwight was a non-factor in all but the last few games, this will be his team until December

--Kobe will be gone for the 1st half of the season, and probably limited minutes for the rest.  There may be chemistry issues. 

--Pao and Metta, two under-performers will still be with the team

--And Antoni, everyone's favorite will still be the coach.

I see the Lakers getting worse, not better this summer.  I see the Clippers getting a lot better, and with that new coach, Doc Rivers, they will win 10 more games.  I don't see the Lakers winning 10 more games, I see them about where they were add, and perhaps 5 games less. 

1) Dwight was healthy at the end of the season and that's why

Do you expect him to NOT be a factor this season if he resigns and is healthy?

2)  First half of the season?   November or December at LATEST is not First half :smh:

3)  Pau played well at the end of the season when him and Dwight got their chemistry down and when Kobe was there to draw defense.  They also played well down the stretch.  

4)  Metta being here will be determined by what wings we sign in the off-season.

If we sign Ronnie Brewer, Donell Wright and Earl Clark that gives us 3 athletic wings, one whom specializes in defense and two who can stretch the floor and one who can finish 65% at the hoop. 

Those are moves that could help the team athleticism wise and floor spacing wise but it would also give us a strong cutter to the basket and more scrappers to pair with people like Jordan Hill.

Adds more youth to our bench and a little more consistency when it's not just Meeks we're depending on to stretch the perimeter.

I don't think the moves to improve us along the wing are as insignificant as you think.

Our starting lineup is one that is built to contend, our bench needs improvement as does our coaching. 

Since they aren't firing D'antoni unless we lose the first 2 games of the season we need to get an assistant that is good with defense and another that's familiar with post offense so he(d'antoni) can focus solely on perimeter plays which is where he belongs only.

Edited by Majesty, June 26, 2013 - 06:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users