Photo

Kawhi Leonard, What Is His Ceiling?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,199 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 07, 2013 - 10:12 PM

To me he just looks like a really good system player.  Very good talent but won't be "special".  Not a bad thing either.  But if they are expecting him to be their next franchise player they got problems. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#22 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,830 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 07, 2013 - 10:41 PM

At 22 he's already playing like a veteran role players.

I'd say a poor-mans Scottie Pippen, but i'm not sure if he has Scottie's court vision.

Eddie Jones?

#23 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,524 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted December 07, 2013 - 10:54 PM

Scottie was a point forward.  Kawhi doesn't have a role even remotely close to that. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#24 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,199 posts

Posted December 07, 2013 - 11:30 PM

Scottie was a point forward.  Kawhi doesn't have a role even remotely close to that. 

And in terms of defense... forget about it. 

#25 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,232 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted December 08, 2013 - 05:20 AM

Being the guy who had a chance to ice a championship, by making 2 free throws. And didn't

Whatever his ceiling was before that, it is many levels lower after he blew the finals and gifted a championship to the heat

#26 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,609 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted December 08, 2013 - 09:05 AM

Being the guy who had a chance to ice a championship, by making 2 free throws. And didn't

Whatever his ceiling was before that, it is many levels lower after he blew the finals and gifted a championship to the heat

Que Kobe airballs v Utah.  Not saying he becomes a legend, but its clear the guy is a worker with skills. Possible allstar but probably not.

Edited by kball, December 08, 2013 - 09:07 AM.

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health (looks pretty good so far), 2. High Draft Pick (Randle...injured game #1.*sigh*) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of, Davis, nice upside!), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#27 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,524 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 10:46 AM

So a young player folds under pressure makes his ceiling as a player go down?  If that was the case Kobe would have been dead in the water over a decade ago

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#28 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,405 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted December 08, 2013 - 11:09 AM

So a young player folds under pressure makes his ceiling as a player go down? If that was the case Kobe would have been dead in the water over a decade ago

Is he going to be a "Kobe" level player?

And Kobe was a Rookie and not as big a part of the team as Leonard.

Missing that key FT to ice the TITLE. Not win a playoff game in which we were swept.

Smdh

#29 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,199 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 01:55 PM

Que Kobe airballs v Utah.  Not saying he becomes a legend, but its clear the guy is a worker with skills. Possible allstar but probably not.

Yes, Kobe who was a 26% three point shooter missing three pointers, while Leonard being a near 80% free throw shooter that year and missing two in the finals is totally the same thing in terms of choking...... not.  

In Kobe's case it was taking an ill advised shot that he took twice due to his own stubbornness and confidence in his ability to hit them because he was "due" as he put it as far as his mentality goes.  Which he still has to this day and is just an improved shooter because he worked on it.  

Only someone that hates Kobe would call a 26% three point shooter at the time missing threes "choking".   Call him out for taking two bad shots when he was a terrible three point shooter at the time, because that's more the case than choking would ever be. 

But being a near 80% free throw shooter that season and missing two of the easiest shot in basketball?  That's choking.    

You can't make them the same even if you tried. 

Edited by Majesty, December 08, 2013 - 01:56 PM.

#30 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,253 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted December 08, 2013 - 01:57 PM

So a young player folds under pressure makes his ceiling as a player go down? If that was the case Kobe would have been dead in the water over a decade ago

Dude all I see you do is argue with people.

#31 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,524 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 04:25 PM

I have a point to every post I make.  I like debating.  I don't follow people around with stupid statements like your boy No BBall IQ

#32 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,405 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted December 09, 2013 - 08:41 AM

I have a point to every post I make. I like debating. I don't follow people around with stupid statements like your boy No BBall IQ

Wow.

#33 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,609 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted December 09, 2013 - 02:54 PM

Yes, Kobe who was a 26% three point shooter missing three pointers, while Leonard being a near 80% free throw shooter that year and missing two in the finals is totally the same thing in terms of choking...... not.  

In Kobe's case it was taking an ill advised shot that he took twice due to his own stubbornness and confidence in his ability to hit them because he was "due" as he put it as far as his mentality goes.  Which he still has to this day and is just an improved shooter because he worked on it.  

Only someone that hates Kobe would call a 26% three point shooter at the time missing threes "choking".   Call him out for taking two bad shots when he was a terrible three point shooter at the time, because that's more the case than choking would ever be. 

But being a near 80% free throw shooter that season and missing two of the easiest shot in basketball?  That's choking.    

You can't make them the same even if you tried. 

True. Its not the same...but my point was high pressure situations both, young players, etc. Kawhi (sp) just has that look to me of a player that gets better and better...plus i went to SDSU so i'm biased i suppose (and nobody was gonna stop kobe from developing which is why the lakers traded beloved Eddie Jones to give Kobe more playing time).

I would love Kawhi on the lakers and would willingly give up any laker other than kobe i think

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health (looks pretty good so far), 2. High Draft Pick (Randle...injured game #1.*sigh*) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of, Davis, nice upside!), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#34 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,569 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted December 16, 2013 - 09:57 PM

I have a point to every post I make.  I like debating.  I don't follow people around with stupid statements like your boy No BBall IQ

I agree with this.

He got potential to be an all star. Would he get there? I don't know, time will tell
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

• 40,556 posts

Posted December 17, 2013 - 02:00 AM

Wow.

Classy response. I commend you. You could've went hard back at him like a lot of people would do, but you maintained discipline and took the high road instead of potentially escalating a situation. Unfortunate not enough people seem to do the same.

yo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users