Photo

What Teams Pose The Greatest Threat To Miami?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,444 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 23, 2013 - 05:05 AM

I'm still concerned with Indiana's offense. I haven't been encouraged early with what I've seen from them preseason. Yes I know, it's just preseason, but still, they played a few tough teams and seemed to take those games a little more serious than a typical preseason game and they didn't fair too well offensively. Far too many isolation one-on-one plays. Not enough ball movement.

Also, they obviously lost Brian Shaw so it'll be interesting to see as the season progresses and into the playoffs whether his absence is noticed. I think it might be, but time will tell.

Do you mean this in a good way for them as in they'll be more dangerous in the playoffs or a mess as in disastrously terrible? Just wanting to clarify.

Indiana should be better offensively this season since both Hibbert and George should improve and since they have both Granger and Scola in the lineup. The simple fact Granger is back should give George a lot more room offensively.

#62 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,806 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 23, 2013 - 06:46 AM

I would have to say the pacers and if the nets play well together they have a shot as well. The thing I like about both these teams is they wont get out and run with the heat and that is how you beat them. OKC tried to run with them and got slaughtered. The Mavs didnt go out and run and they beat them. The spurs didnt go out and run and took it to 7 and shoulda won the series.

Both the pacers and nets wont run with the heat because that plays to their greatest strength and that is the last thing you want to do. Slow the game down with your bigs and have efficient guard play is how to beat the heat. The pacers did great with slowing the game down and feeding their bigs. However, their downfall was lack of efficient guard play. Same goes with the spurs when they fed Timmy and Parker and green or even ginobili came to play from the guard position they had the upper hand.

In the west Im not sure who could really beat the heat. Last year I really felt the Spurs had a chance and they did, but just fell short. This year they are another year older and that is never good. OKC just doesnt match up well against MIA . They would need ibaka to show up and play really well, and then have Westbrook and Durant avg a combined 65 points a game to even have a shot. Memphis is intriguing because they have bigs and MIA made Roy Hibbert look like Hakeem down low, so Marc and Z-bo could have a field day, problem is outside of that they dont have much of an offense to count on.

Really have to see how the heat play this year though tbh. I truly feel that they wont be as dominate this year with wade getting older and bosh drifting further and further into the abyss. Lebron is gonna have more and more pressure on him and that is fine he can handle the load, but only to a certain degree. If by the time playoffs role around and the heat play as iffy as they did in the eastern playoffs last year, I think the nets and pacers can both give them a run for their money. If rose is healthy maybe the bulls I just think rose with Bron on him is a really big task for rose to deal with.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#63 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,993 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted October 23, 2013 - 07:31 AM

I'm still concerned with Indiana's offense. I haven't been encouraged early with what I've seen from them preseason. Yes I know, it's just preseason, but still, they played a few tough teams and seemed to take those games a little more serious than a typical preseason game and they didn't fair too well offensively. Far too many isolation one-on-one plays. Not enough ball movement.

Also, they obviously lost Brian Shaw so it'll be interesting to see as the season progresses and into the playoffs whether his absence is noticed. I think it might be, but time will tell.

Do you mean this in a good way for them as in they'll be more dangerous in the playoffs or a mess as in disastrously terrible? Just wanting to clarify.

Unraveled and somewhat unorganized, it more than likely will be your typical which player gets the last shot or focal point of offense. Intuition would say probably Pierce or Williams, some would argue Johnson if not Garnett in the post. Making it worse is Kidd won't really know how to handle these scenarios.

Edited by Ven, October 23, 2013 - 07:31 AM.

#64 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,037 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 23, 2013 - 08:17 AM

In the west Im not sure who could really beat the heat. Last year I really felt the Spurs had a chance and they did, but just fell short. This year they are another year older and that is never good. OKC just doesnt match up well against MIA . They would need ibaka to show up and play really well, and then have Westbrook and Durant avg a combined 65 points a game to even have a shot.

Ain't gonna happen probability wise. You can count on 1 hand, i think, the number of times 2 players from the same team scored 30+ in the same GAME let alone for a whole series in the last 25 years.  I think West and Baylor may have done this over some series back in like the 60's.

Perhaps JTF will see this post and give some perspective.

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick!, 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!)

• 40,395 posts

Posted October 23, 2013 - 03:31 PM

Indiana should be better offensively this season since both Hibbert and George should improve and since they have both Granger and Scola in the lineup. The simple fact Granger is back should give George a lot more room offensively.

Right. They also added a legitimate shooter, which they desperately needed in Chris Copeland and another guard to help in the backcourt in CJ Watson. Hopefully he can handle the pressure better than Hill & not turn it over as much. He can also score pretty well, which helps. All that being said though, I just hope their offensive system can improve as the season progresses especially come playoffs.

yo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users