Photo

What Teams Pose The Greatest Threat To Miami?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,014 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted October 07, 2013 - 05:47 PM

Indiana with their gritty defense, Hibbert as the anchor, plus they deepened their bench and are getting Granger back. As well seeing if George will develop even more. Chicago is close but health is always a risk, not just Rose but Noah and Deng. As well the Bulls at times have a stagnant offense and aren't very deep in my opinion.

Still haven't seen Brooklyn play, not even sure what they are capable of.

#42 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,350 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 07, 2013 - 05:59 PM

Miami probably gets the edge, but as we saw last season, not by much.

A lot of things have to go right to win it all, or wrong at just the right time for the opposition. 

East - Bulls, Pacers, Nets

West- Spurs, clips

I'd be surprised if its not one of these 5 (maybe okc but im not convinced)

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle!) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#43 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,602 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 07, 2013 - 07:37 PM

Miami probably gets the edge, but as we saw last season, not by much.

A lot of things have to go right to win it all, or wrong at just the right time for the opposition. 

East - Bulls, Pacers, Nets

West- Spurs, clips

Depends where OKC is after two months into the season with no Westbrook

Edited by Majesty, October 07, 2013 - 07:37 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#44 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,324 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted October 07, 2013 - 09:46 PM

I think the Pacers are due to beat the Heat the same way I thought the Kings were due to beat the Shaq/Kobe Lakers.

#45 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,104 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 07, 2013 - 10:17 PM

We started 2011 8-0 and went up BIg in the 9th game at Utah and blew it and from then we looked like a mentally tired team who couldn't get UP  for games. I think we were always pacing ourselves for a title.

Even last season.

#46 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,104 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 07, 2013 - 10:17 PM

We started 2011 8-0 and went up BIg in the 9th game at Utah and blew it and from then we looked like a mentally tired team who couldn't get UP  for games. I think we were always pacing ourselves for a title.

Even last season.

The point I was making is I think Miami will enter that period of malaise and mental fatigue

#47 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,573 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 08, 2013 - 03:25 AM

The heat really is difficult to predict at this point - but if Wade is 100%, if the roleplayers (Haslem, Allen, Anderson, Battier) provide the usual production and if Oden and Beasley work out, they could easily win it all. 

In the real world, Wade probably isn't going to be 100% - i honestly predict a quite steep drop-off. The roleplayers are older, which is ok if you Kawhi Leonard (22), but if you're Allen (38), Haslem (33), Anderson (35) or Battier (35), getting older will really take its toll. I also doubt that Oden ever really gets going, which is kind of sad. Beasley could be the one addition that works out. All this considered i expect the Heat to lose in the second round. 

In the east, i think Bulls, Nets and Pacers can beat them. Maybe the Knicks. 

In the west, i think Spurs, OKC and Golden State can beat them. 

#48 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,350 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 08, 2013 - 04:07 AM

One of the games v lakers im most looking forward to is the nets, but the more i think about it, factoring in new coach Jason Kidd, admittedly while  a top PG (maybe 7) of all time, I think he's likely to be outsmarted by tibs, and ES in a 7 game series.

But you never know

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle!) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#49 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,121 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted October 08, 2013 - 04:43 AM

It all falls on Wade in my opinion.  If Wade is actually healthy and manages to stay that way they are easily a lock in my eyes to at least get back to the Finals.  Every year their weaknesses are discussed and exploited to a degree but no one ever manages to finish the job.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#50 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted October 08, 2013 - 06:07 AM

Everybody forgetting the Nets...

Posted Image

#51 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,602 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 08, 2013 - 06:45 AM

Everybody forgetting the Nets...

Because of the rookie coach.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#52 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted October 08, 2013 - 07:22 AM

Because of the rookie coach.

That doesn't matter. They're insanely deep and will probably be the top team in the East if they stay healthy

Posted Image

#53 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,121 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted October 08, 2013 - 07:35 AM

The Nets are hard to gauge.  I mean we know the names but most of those guys are a lot older and being deep means nothing in the playoffs.  If Deron, Joe Johnson and Brook dont turn it up come playoff time, Pierce and KG won't be of much help vs a team like the Heat or even the Bulls. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#54 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 920 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted October 08, 2013 - 07:38 AM

Depends on the off-season.

If Miami adds Chauncey Billups they'll have more old three point shooters.

Problem is next year they are going to crash and burn. 

Wade is done.  Without him they won't get far even if LeBron plays out of his mind. 

This championship was the last of the Wade, Bosh, LeBron era.    LeBron wins no more championships in south beach after this one.

So next year it's not a matter of who poses the greatest threat but how long Dwayne Wade lasts.

But a healthy Bulls team, a wiser Pacers team and a Knicks team(if they add CP3) will be the biggest threats in the East.

The threats in the west won't be determined till July 10th

I agree Wade is done, and I don't believe Bosh will stay in MIA after this season, but if they do have cap space (I have no idea), I do see big name stars wanting to play with LeBron. Either that, or LeBron leaves. If he hadn't left Cleveland the way he did, I would say that's his next spot.

• 40,431 posts

Posted October 08, 2013 - 12:07 PM

OKC doesn't stand a chance even with Westbrook. Miami has had their number easily now for a while. Scores don't even indicate how badly they've (OKC) been dominated.

yo.

#56 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,014 posts

Posted October 08, 2013 - 12:27 PM

Yea OKC is pretty subpar even in the West, they'll have a hard time cracking the top 4 with SA, Clips and GS. Plus teams like Denver, Memphis, and Houston (I'd be a little surprised if they were a top 4 seed) could surprise many.

#57 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 475 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted October 08, 2013 - 02:53 PM

I agree Wade is done, and I don't believe Bosh will stay in MIA after this season, but if they do have cap space (I have no idea), I do see big name stars wanting to play with LeBron. Either that, or LeBron leaves. If he hadn't left Cleveland the way he did, I would say that's his next spot.

I think we are all being too quick when we say Wade is done. Before he injured himself playing against boston he was actually putting up great numbers. I believe he was 22-5-5 before sustaining a bruised knee and sprained ankle which carried on during playoffs. We also have to realize that Wade is not the 1st option in his team anymore. For someone putting up 22ppg on a 50% FG is still amazing as a 2nd option.  I don't wanna say Wade is done because he was obviously injured during the playoffs, but I do believe he's not as good as he was 2 years ago when the big 3 first played together.

Edited by BlueJab23, October 08, 2013 - 02:53 PM.

• 40,431 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 10:31 PM

Are Chicago Bulls A Threat For Miami Heat?

Rapper 2 Chainz joins the debate with ESPN First Take's Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless to predict the top team this NBA season.

yo.

#59 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,014 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 11:40 PM

Honestly of all the rappers that come on First Take, most come off idiots like Wayne, Wale, and Nelly (pop R&B). But 2Chainz seems more mellow and not dramatic with his comments.

Personally I think Brooklyn might have a decent regular season record, I don't see 60+ wins, but still good, but in the playoffs they will become a mess. I agree with Skip, Chicago needs that 2 guard badly, Rip wasn't the answer obviously. I think Indy is they can play with the same team ball approach and grit, and Hibbert at least stays constant, then they can beat Miami in 6 games. But all last season Hibbert was shaky at best it seemed, plus people act like George will pick up where he left and having to figure out to to play Granger now. So while Indy is my top pick, they themselves have their issues.

• 40,431 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 11:48 PM

I'm still concerned with Indiana's offense. I haven't been encouraged early with what I've seen from them preseason. Yes I know, it's just preseason, but still, they played a few tough teams and seemed to take those games a little more serious than a typical preseason game and they didn't fair too well offensively. Far too many isolation one-on-one plays. Not enough ball movement.

Also, they obviously lost Brian Shaw so it'll be interesting to see as the season progresses and into the playoffs whether his absence is noticed. I think it might be, but time will tell.

Personally I think Brooklyn might have a decent regular season record, I don't see 60+ wins, but still good, but in the playoffs they will become a mess.

Do you mean this in a good way for them as in they'll be more dangerous in the playoffs or a mess as in disastrously terrible? Just wanting to clarify.

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users