Photo

What Teams Pose The Greatest Threat To Miami?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,349 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted June 21, 2013 - 11:42 AM

Bulls IF Rose is healthy 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#22 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,488 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted June 21, 2013 - 01:12 PM

Pacers and Bulls

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#23 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,597 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted June 21, 2013 - 01:32 PM

They had their last two series go to game 7 and there are no serious threats? Not to mention they pretty much lost game 6 and the Spurs handed it right over to them.
Of course there are serious threats to them.

Blah blah. I hate em to man but a 3 peat and probably more lies in their future. They will add even more pieces off the bench this off season. It is what it is. If D12 and CP3 join KD in OKC then there ya go. In a year or 2 they will have a shot if they learn how to win and compete.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#24 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 21, 2013 - 01:39 PM

Blah blah. I hate em to man but a 3 peat and probably more lies in their future. They will add even more pieces off the bench this off season. It is what it is. If D12 and CP3 join KD in OKC then there ya go. In a year or 2 they will have a shot if they learn how to win and compete.

I wouldn't be so sure about adding pieces.  They are about to hit the luxury tax as well.  

They will need to be clever with how they add players but they do have Pat Riley at the helm. 

They aren't unstoppable.  Health permitting, the East will be top heavy and prove to be a far more difficult challenge than it was this past season. 

#25 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted June 21, 2013 - 01:41 PM

no1, miami will have an easier time next year then what happened this year. it's called unpredictable

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#26 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,020 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 21, 2013 - 01:59 PM

My bet is on the Thunder. Durant is gonna take another step forward and if he meets lebron in the finals again he will show why he has a case of being the best player in the league.

People say the bulls which is if drose comes back 100 and they actually get a solid number two scoring option they have a shot. If the pacers take another step forward they also can run the table on the heat again, but I still wouldnt pick either of those teams over the heat.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#27 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,859 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted June 21, 2013 - 02:22 PM

Quick question: have you ever played sports?

Complacency?

Are you kidding?

Firstly, Kobe was injured. Not only his BAD knee, which was a problem, but also he evolved an elbow issue and then he twisted his foot(or ankle) severely against Dallas(reg season) and re-twisted it in the playoffs against the Spurs. He was not the ELITE player he was the year before.

Secondly, Gasol hit a decline that season.So many pointed at hoe  many minutes Gasol was played by Phil and blamed Drew for delaying his surgery, instead of Phil for playing him THAt many minutes. I know D'Antoni wishes he could get that type of lee-way. lol

Then Bynum returned and was BETTER than Pau, so dynamics changed on the team. Don't think that chemistry wasn't affected.

Especially when you replace "little homies" with guys like Blake and Barnes, who Kobe and odom and whomever couldn't talk to in the same manner that they talked to Sasha and Jordan farmar, and Ariza, etc.

That wasn't complacency. That was getting our asses kicked by a better team. Same thing Shaq and Kobe felt after 3 straight Finals.

Yeah, complacency totally isn't an issue. That's why we've had so many repeat champions in league history. That's why only 3 teams in the history of the NBA have 3-peated, right? And if you have played sports, then of course complacency is an issue. How can you even question that unless you expect me to think that you've given 100% effort every single time you've played a pick-up game or one-on-one, which I don't believe for a second.

You'll play your ass off in a close game where the game is going back and forth, but you won't show the same effort if you're going up against a decisively weaker team or if you're already down 9-2 in a game that ends at 13. Unless you're an obsessively competitive person like Jordan or Kobe, you'll grow content after reaching the pinnacle a few times.

Kobe was hurt, yes, I'll give you that. He clearly wasn't at his best all year long. But I wasn't talking about solely the postseason or him as an individual. We were an average team all year on both ends of the floor. We didn't resemble the offensive juggernaut from '09 or the grind it out defensive squad we were in the '09-10 season. There was nothing special about that Lakers team at all, they didn't have the same focus or effort that was on display the previous two seasons.

Pau Gasol had no injury issues at all and fell of the side of a cliff with his mental game. He didn't have anywhere near the focus or effort he put in during that '08-10 stretch. He was criticized harshly after '08 for getting punked by KG all series long, came back with a vengeance in the '09 postseason, and finally shut his critics up by outplaying KG in 2010. Then he got comfortable in '11, started settling for jumpers instead of working in paint (and don't try giving me the played out excuse of Andrew Bynum), the great defense he was playing against Howard in '09 and KG in '10 was nowhere to be found, and we struggled to contain the likes of Carl Landry in the 1st round while Dirk obliterated him in the 2nd round.

Bynum wasn't a better player than Pau Gasol in the '10-11 season. Phil got Bynum to buy in to being a defensive anchor in the 2nd half of the season which keyed our 17-1 stretch. He wasn't yet force-fed into being our 2nd option like he was under Mike Brown, which led to him putting up better production than ever before in his career. That season was when he better than Gasol, no other time prior to that.

Team chemistry might have changed with a few additions and changes, but that doesn't explain the drop-off from a championship caliber squad to a team that was simply average all year long. We didn't lose any pieces that were important enough to justify such a fall. In the three previous seasons (from '08-10) after acquiring Pau Gasol, the Lakers had only lost more than 2 games in a row once over that span. Only one time over 2 1/2 seasons.

In 2011? We had a 4 game losing streak, a 3 game losing streak, another 3 game losing streak, and a 5 game losing streak near the end of the season. And the majority of those losses weren't even against top-tier teams. And then we got swept out of the 2nd round. That's the definition of complacent play.

And no, the Spurs were not that much better than us in 2003. If they were, then it wouldn't have taken us just one year to re-tool and get our revenge on them the following postseason. The Spurs team in the '01-02 season was actually better than the one they had in '02-03, Duncan was playing at a much higher level individually. The difference was that Shaq was content after 3 titles to just sit on his ass for most of the year thinking he could just waltz his way to another title. Didn't happen.

#28 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,597 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted June 21, 2013 - 03:10 PM

L.A.K.E.R. long post but u put down real [expletive].

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#29 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,245 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 12:35 PM

I have been reading a lot online, and many posters are suggesting that the Heat may explore a three team deal to acquire Cousins by trading Bosh. Indiana and the Bulls are going to be stronger next year. If the Heat do not make any changes, I do not see them escaping the ECF.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

• 40,603 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 03:03 PM

Indiana and the Bulls are going to be stronger next year.

Okay, but do you think the Bulls getting Rose back and Indiana getting Granger back (assuming they don't try to trade him) will be enough?

I certainly don't. Both teams need to add at least a piece or two in my mind.

Chicago probably another scorer/shot-creator and Indiana obviously a ball-handler, who can also preferably shoot, which I would reach out & try to get even if I had to trade Granger. After all, you could make the case that he's quite expendable now with the rise of PG.

yo.

#31 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,245 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 03:08 PM

Okay, but do you think the Bulls getting Rose back and Indiana getting Granger back (assuming they don't try to trade him) will be enough?

I certainly don't. Both teams need to add at least a piece or two in my mind.

Chicago probably another scorer/shot-creator and Indiana obviously a ball-handler, who can also preferably shoot, which I would reach out & try to get even if I had to trade Granger. After all, you could make the case that he's quite expendable now with the rise of PG.

The Pacers front-line gave Miami a hell lot of trouble. Miami had no answer. 

The Pacers could of used Granger's scoring, but more importantly, his defense on LeBron. Paul George was forced to guard LeBron all series long, which forced him to become fatigued.

Hibbert and George are only going to get better. 

With the Bulls, they are just a scorer away from defeating the Heat. There is no other team in this league that has guarded the Heat better than the Bulls in my opinion (Well I guess Indiana does based on FG%. I gotta check.). 

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

• 40,603 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 03:13 PM

The Pacers front-line gave Miami a hell lot of trouble. Miami had no answer. 

The Pacers could of used Granger's scoring, but more importantly, his defense on LeBron. Paul George was forced to guard LeBron all series long, which forced him to become fatigued.

Nowhere in here did you mention the ballhandling/turnover problem at all though. Are you like in denial or something? I mean that was so painfully obviously their biggest problem outside of not having enough consistent legitimate shooters on the perimeter, but come on now, let's say they make no moves to address that issue whatsoever and just bring back Granger, are those turnovers suddenly miraculously gonna' dramatically decline?

yo.

#33 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,054 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 23, 2013 - 03:18 PM

Nowhere in here did you mention the ballhandling/turnover problem at all though. Are you like in denial or something? I mean that was so painfully obviously their biggest problem outside of not having enough consistent legitimate shooters on the perimeter, but come on now, let's say they make no moves to address that issue whatsoever and just bring back Granger, are those turnovers suddenly miraculously gonna' dramatically decline?

No but they'll have a go to guy off broken plays, and not having that contributes to and causes turnovers especially off broken plays.   Ask the Grizzlies what it was like not having Gay off broken plays.

Edited by Majesty, June 23, 2013 - 03:18 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

• 40,603 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 03:20 PM

He would help obviously, no question about it, but I'd rather be more sure than take a risk not knowing if that'll be enough to disguise & hide those glaring more than likely still prevalent issues.

yo.

#35 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,054 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 23, 2013 - 03:23 PM

He would help obviously, no question about it, but I'd rather be more sure than take a risk not knowing if that'll be enough to disguise & hide those glaring more than likely still prevalent issues.

Consistency too, would have been nice to have a guy like Granger out there when Stephenson was having one of his JR Smith "ice cold" games.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

• 40,603 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 03:29 PM

I get you, but then whether it's through exploring trading Granger or it seems a route you would prefer via free agency & keeping Granger instead, the bottomline is I personally think they've really gotta' try & do something to shore up or at least improve that major deficiency of theirs. It should be among, if not the top priority for them this offseason.

yo.

• 40,603 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 02:14 PM

Jimmy Butler Says Bulls Can’t Let Heat Three-Peat

“I don’t think anybody wants to watch (the ring ceremony) on our team so we won’t pay too much attention to it,” Butler said Tuesday on “The Waddle & Silvy Show” on ESPN Chicago 1000. “They deserved it. They won a championship, definitely, but they got to deal with the Chicago Bulls for 48 minutes coming out right after that, they get their rings….

“I think so,” Butler said when asked about the dislike between the teams. “But it’s not just us, it’s the city. That rivalry, it’s crazy. They’re the back-to-back champions and when you think three-peat, you think Chicago so we can’t let that happen.”

chi_g_jimmy-butler_mb_400.jpg
FULL ARTICLE inside link.

yo.

#38 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,047 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted August 02, 2013 - 02:58 PM

Pacers, Bulls, and maybe the Nets (need to see them play first)

• 40,603 posts

Posted October 04, 2013 - 03:24 PM

They're the defending champs, and they're formidable. But ESPN.com's Tom Haberstroh says it's likely someone besides the Heat will win the 2014 title, and here's why.

yo.

#40 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,634 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted October 07, 2013 - 05:44 PM

I want Indiana to beat the heat
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users