Photo

T-Mac Says He Considered Using PEDs (Pg. 7); Says He Could've Won Ring In TOR. (P6); Thinks He's A Hall Of Famer (P4); Retirement On 1st Take (P3)

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#101 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,422 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 02, 2013 - 08:25 AM

I already said drop it. 

#102 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,537 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted September 02, 2013 - 08:50 AM

I already said drop it. 

didn't see your post till after ...my bad.

#103 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,088 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 02, 2013 - 08:56 AM

Amazing how guys act like Tmac was only above average in his prime. Dude was an elite player for a good 6 to 7 years pre injury.  He was every bit as good as Kobe from like 2000-2003 or so.  Pau would have no more fanfare than say Al Jefferson had never became a Laker.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#104 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,094 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted September 02, 2013 - 09:01 AM

Amazing how guys act like Tmac was only above average in his prime. Dude was an elite player for a good 6 to 7 years pre injury.  He was every bit as good as Kobe from like 2000-2003 or so.  Pau would have no more fanfare than say Al Jefferson had never became a Laker.

Just about as good.

Maybe, you can argue that T-Mac lacked any GREAt moments, for example, Kobe had 81 or 62 vs 61 even when he was only going to the first round

But even that's being over critical bc those feats just made Kobe as Wilt, MJ, special

Wheras T-Mac was still a dynamic force. It's like Wade and Kobe fgot to play with Shaq as youngsters. T-Mac didn't get to play with Duncan or Garnett or Webber, so I think we gotta chill.

Even as a Piston, he was putting up 13,7,7 type numbers, which is like jason Kidd..so I don't know

#105 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,422 posts

Posted September 02, 2013 - 09:22 AM

I think what people have to remember is that we aren't talking about the NBA ONLY Hall of Fame, we are talking about the BASKETBALL Hall of Fame.  Complete body of work is taken into account. 

Tracy McGrady was a talent, but he is not a lock.  Although there have been 15 other players who retired with at least 18,000 points, 5,000 rebounds, and 4,000 assists and all those players have been inducted.   His playoff resume hurts him and that plays a part especially in this era of basketball.   He also jumped straight from high school so he doesn't have any college accolades to add to his career resume.  Do I think McGrady gets in? Yes, but it might take a few years. 

Pau Gasol on the other hand is more of a lock than McGrady. His body of work in the international and NBA games is impressive.  He's won accolades in both leagues and it also helps he's won 2 NBA titles.  He's a top three player to come out of Europe and play in the NBA.   Will he be a first ballot inductee? I think his chances are average in that department but it really depends who is on the ballot with him.  Gasol gets in, but it will take 2-3 years in my opinion.

#106 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,088 posts

Posted September 02, 2013 - 09:32 AM

I agree.  Tmac didnt have that area to play with great playoff teams where he wasnt shouldering 90 percent of the load until Houston and even then Yao was so injury prone we never got to see them in full stride.  In the end to argue that Gasol was a better player than Tmac is idiotic to me.

Just about as good.

Maybe, you can argue that T-Mac lacked any GREAt moments, for example, Kobe had 81 or 62 vs 61 even when he was only going to the first round

But even that's being over critical bc those feats just made Kobe as Wilt, MJ, special

Wheras T-Mac was still a dynamic force. It's like Wade and Kobe fgot to play with Shaq as youngsters. T-Mac didn't get to play with Duncan or Garnett or Webber, so I think we gotta chill.

Even as a Piston, he was putting up 13,7,7 type numbers, which is like jason Kidd..so I don't know

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#107 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,094 posts

Posted September 02, 2013 - 10:15 AM

Pau is a lock, even if he wasnt a champ, his olympic performances are historic, add in two Finals for the most visible team and I doubt he doesn't make it First Ballot. I can see a scenario where Pau gets in the same year as Kobe, if they retire the same year. It will be interesting to see what THEY vote on Mac though

#108 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,014 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted September 02, 2013 - 10:15 AM

Gasol was fairly praised for making Memphis a little competitive along with coach Brown, before him they were playoff irrelevant. Again, this isn't me knocking T-Mac for being a solid player when healthy and having a good statistical run for a few season, but ultimately Gasol at his 10 years was around 18/10, numbers that very other bigs in the league can achieve.

Besides some of T-Mac's averages came in seasons where he anywhere from 15-25 games it seems. I am partially boased as well with NBA credential vs international credential, but like posted before, it is the basketball HOF, all bodies of work are taken into account.

This is all opinion based, personally I never thought Reggie Miller should be a HOF, and he led his team to the Finals and some impressive battles in the Eastern Conference during the 90's. So why should I even think T-Mac who accomplished even less and played much less should as well.

#109 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,828 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted September 02, 2013 - 10:40 PM

Tmac was really really good

It just so happen he was playin in the same era as Kobe

#110 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,112 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted September 03, 2013 - 05:06 AM

:hmm:

Pau Gasol is GONE

#111 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,094 posts

Posted September 03, 2013 - 06:28 AM

Reggie Miller not a HoF? Are u crazy?

From 90-2000, mJ was the best Sg, Reggie was 2nd best. 2nd most 3s in history.

In my opinion though, I would consider Andre Miller, for his longevity, durability and play making. If you are top ten in any major category( assists,rebounds,points,), in fact to me, you should be a lock.

#112 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,088 posts

Posted September 03, 2013 - 07:59 AM

Reggie was a great player but he was never the 2nd best SG in the league at any point.  That 2nd guy flipped flopped from so many other different guys during that era.  Clyde easily was better in the earlier days, with Mitch Richmond in the mid to late 90s. 

Reggie Miller not a HoF? Are u crazy?

From 90-2000, mJ was the best Sg, Reggie was 2nd best. 2nd most 3s in history.

In my opinion though, I would consider Andre Miller, for his longevity, durability and play making. If you are top ten in any major category( assists,rebounds,points,), in fact to me, you should be a lock.

#113 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,422 posts

Posted September 03, 2013 - 08:25 AM

Reggie Miller was a lock. Don't get how you didn't think he was worthy of the Hall of Fame.

#114 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,094 posts

Posted September 03, 2013 - 09:38 AM

Reggie was a great player but he was never the 2nd best SG in the league at any point.  That 2nd guy flipped flopped from so many other different guys during that era.  Clyde easily was better in the earlier days, with Mitch Richmond in the mid to late 90s. 

Reggie was the 2nd best in the league for the entirety of the nineties

From 90-2000, Reggie was better

Mitch had some years, Clyde had a couple, but overall it was Reggie, in the toughest conference at the time, BTW

#115 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,828 posts

Posted September 03, 2013 - 02:24 PM

Reggie Miller was a lock. Don't get how you didn't think he was worthy of the Hall of Fame.

People be crazy

Reggie miller was one of the best shooters in nba history
He also had a great college career
Was a huge personality as a player
And is still involved with the nba

Reggie miller was a lock

And I think t-Mac is as well

#116 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,014 posts

Posted September 03, 2013 - 02:33 PM

Calling Reggie the 2nd best SG of the 90's isn't exactly a major compliment considering that position only was recognized and elevated because of MJ, Miller had a solid college career at UCLA, posting some all time high numbers as far as shooting won't deny that. But in the NBA, he only had a handful number of All Star appearances, never for NBA First or Second team. Never top 5 in MVP voting, this in a time where voting was based more on merits than lifetime achievement award or leading a bad team into the playoffs, you had to post solid numbers and win plenty of games.

I'll give him longevity, but also those 25 thousand points only average to 18 ppg. People say he was a great post season player, but I think those Knicks matches tend to get overblown. People here should remember how dismal he played during stretches in the 2000 Finals, especially that Game 1. He was far outmatched by Kobe by long spurts, Miller really only got into a better rhythm after Kobe got tweaked. Miller was a decent defender, but not great, certainly not a good rebounder or passer. He was a great shooter, but he had far from a complete game.

Ultimately, I am not gonna exaggerate and say I think it was a huge mistake they put him in the HOF. I really do understand why they put him in, but personally I wouldn't, that's all.

#117 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,828 posts

Posted September 03, 2013 - 06:29 PM

Miller played against both Jordan and Kobe

I would love to hear Reggie on Kobe vs Jordan

#118 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,112 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted September 03, 2013 - 06:31 PM

I really do understand why they put him in, but personally I wouldn't, that's all.

Wait, haven't you been leaning towards putting Gasol in but you wouldn't put Reggie Miller in? 

That's crazy

Pau Gasol is GONE

#119 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,014 posts

Posted September 03, 2013 - 06:42 PM

Wait, haven't you been leaning towards putting Gasol in but you wouldn't put Reggie Miller in? 

That's crazy

Neither really, I was just in the group that felt that if it came to T-Mac vs Gasol as a HOF entry, Gasol would be the better choice. T-Mac is less accomplished than Gasol, and much more than Miller for that matter.

It isn't a knock on them as far as I think that the HOF should really have a higher entry level. None of these guys ever fully led a team to win it all, Miller led his Pacers but they were a solid team and he underperformed in the Finals, plus some of those memorable Pacers/Knicks matches were when Jordan was gone. T-Mac forget it, Gasol a solid 2nd choice. None were ever legit MVP candidates, All Star is dubious for McGrady given the Yao factor. Gasol is only really boosted because of his international career and so on.

• 40,431 posts

Posted September 17, 2013 - 02:58 PM

Tracy McGrady Says He Could've Won A Title In Toronto

“In hindsight, looking back, obviously I wish I had stayed in Toronto,” McGrady said in a recent interview with the Star. “There’s no doubt we could have contended for a championship.”

image11.jpg

Read more at http://blacksportson...oOOE64EwAyvA.99

Edited by    , September 17, 2013 - 02:59 PM.

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users