61 replies to this topic

#21 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,150 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 19, 2013 - 09:09 PM

Am I the only person who is curious of where Jim Buss is doing while this is happening?  Like it or not Jim is still the basketball operation guy and Jeanie is just business operation. i dont think she have the power to dictate whats going on basketball wised. Maybe this is just a normal conversation with two friends  and it goes something like this

*ring ring*

Mitch  " Hey wasup Phill what's happenin yo?

Phil : " just chillin man. Enjoying that nice Montana weather"

Mitch: "Did you see the last episode of Game of Thrones? Pretty bad ass huh?"

Phil " Naw bro, too busy smoking some nice herbs outside my  20 thousand acre cabin but I did tivo'd it."

Mitch "right right. Anyway Phillip, heard anything from B? He got a gig yet bro? Not sure if you heard but the fans aint liking the Prinkles fella down here"  I need to find a way to get that jiggah out but that mo fo Jimmy aint having it bro. Dont know what to. Got any ideas?"

Phil "well i aint coaching no mo so dont even asked but let me see if I can talk to my main squeezed and maybe she can pull some weight and land my n*****a  B Shizzle into the mix soon.. "

Edited by epicwolf, June 19, 2013 - 09:11 PM.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#22 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,507 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 09:19 PM

nice shirt, Zen Master.

Edited by Disaster in Paradise, June 19, 2013 - 09:19 PM.

MMiRi9s.png

#23 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 19, 2013 - 10:40 PM

The more he consults and advises the better.

The North Remembers

#24 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,252 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 19, 2013 - 11:41 PM

Consult away Phil.. Consult Mikey outta town. Bwahahaha. But this is good news... Goes with the new cat who was brought up to develop the lakers players. Its beginning to turn very slowly
Posted Image

#25 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,507 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 11:56 PM

Am I the only person who is curious of where Jim Buss is doing while this is happening? Like it or not Jim is still the basketball operation guy and Jeanie is just business operation. i dont think she have the power to dictate whats going on basketball wised. Maybe this is just a normal conversation with two friends and it goes something like this"

Well, he did hire a personal bartender in the name of Chaz, if I may recall.

MMiRi9s.png

#26 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,709 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted June 20, 2013 - 12:53 AM

dantoni.gif

Edited by Jackson, June 20, 2013 - 12:53 AM.

#27 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,923 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted June 20, 2013 - 01:07 AM

Seriously Lakers, pull your head out of your butt, now is the time.

Officially hire Phil as an assistant to Mitch, hire Brian Shaw, release D'Antoni and move forward already.

Jim Buss, be an owner.  Do what your Dad did.  Hire the right people then sit back and let them do their job.  Stop micro-managing Mitch and the rest of the organization.  Put your unearned ego aside and be an owner.  Go up to your box, sip cocktails, schmooze and just leave it to the people who know what they're doing.

This can all be fixed so quickly and easily.

#28 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,328 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 20, 2013 - 01:20 AM

Kobe_bryant.gif

Phil went out wrong.  :pray:  :phil:

┬íHala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#29 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,787 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted June 20, 2013 - 04:31 AM

I think most of you guys are reading too deep into him being a consultant.  It wont ever help LA for them to fire MDA after a training camp and bring in Shaw.  I guess some of you dont realize how the coach not having a training camp the last 2 years has hurt the team.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#30 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,150 posts

Posted June 20, 2013 - 05:20 AM

I think most of you guys are reading too deep into him being a consultant.  It wont ever help LA for them to fire MDA after a training camp and bring in Shaw.  I guess some of you dont realize how the coach not having a training camp the last 2 years has hurt the team.

I agree. This is just smoke and mirrors. If the Lakers are serious of being a successful team, they should fire MDA before training camp. I think it is a bad idea to fire MDA after training camp and bring in a coach even if its Shaw without camp. I think this is just a PR move so the laker fans can relax a little bit and have some hope. Because quite frankly, not many fans have any good hope for next season. Name me a reason to have hope? Dwight might leave, Kobe return is unsure and even if he is to return, how good he will be. Steve nash not getting any younger. Pau might be traded. Meta most likely amnestied. Who will be our bench mob? Probably clean house there.  And ofcourse last but not least,  MDA is still the coach.  The only excitement Lakers fans have is the possibility MDA will get fired. Amazing.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#31 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,252 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted June 20, 2013 - 05:27 AM

It's always easy to look at the cup half empty.
From the Lakers not even having any part of Phil Jackson to having him as an consultant is a good thing.
Posted Image

#32 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted June 20, 2013 - 05:28 AM

Putting it on D'Antoni not having a training camp feels like an excuse that I can't buy, though, because we ran a couple of simple offenses that did nothing for us...despite having the talent, alone, to advance into the top four seeds in the conference.

Mid-season coaching changes don't cause destruction.  Pat Riley didn't take part in Miami's training camp, as coach, in 2006...but when he replaced Stan Van Gundy after 21 games (11-10 record), he went on to win a championship that same season (52 total wins, 42-20 under Riley).

In 2005, Avery Johnson went 16-2 after replacing Don Nelson, and the 58-win Mavs got out of the first round by beating a top defensive team in the Rockets that many thought would have won the series if Nelson was still coaching Dallas.

There are other examples, but LA did everything wrong last season...and playing the team like they were packed with 25-year old talented players was one huge mistake from the start by MDA, resulting in almost everyone on our roster getting injured (and ultimately, the greatest Laker of all time).

#33 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,150 posts

Posted June 20, 2013 - 05:41 AM

I think training camp is important. It is like the NFL and MLB. Teams need two a days, OTA's and spring training to get all the rust out and figure out how to make the current roster the best it can be.. The only issue here is an incompetent coach.  Last time the Lakers gave Mike Brown training camp and he doesn't know what to do with it. He starts freakin out and start having this stupid college offense that never work in the NBA  So I said again, if the Lakers really want to be successful going forward, they NEED to fire MDA in a week or two before training camp. Training camp only works well if you have a decent or good coach. Giving it to one of the worst coach in the NBA is like giving a knife to a 5 year old kid and asked the kid to do brain surgery.  Unfortunately I think that is whats going to happen. MDA will have training camp and it will be the same crap all over again. Winless in preseason, start out super slow. This time, Lakers might not even fire MDA and wait until the end of the season to do so.   

#34 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted June 20, 2013 - 05:55 AM

I agree with most of that, because I don't think training camp will assist D'Antoni in becoming a better coach (and the right coach for a post player like Dwight Howard), but just one thing: that college offense you're talking about is the Princeton, correct?  Rick Adelman's Sacramento Kings were a Robert Horry shot away from making it to the Finals with it installed, and there are other teams who may not have won a championship, but did find success running the offense in the pros.

#35 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,157 posts
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted June 20, 2013 - 07:26 AM

Jeanie said the cookie is making PJ apart of Lakers lol

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#36 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,241 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted June 20, 2013 - 08:54 AM

Is it just me or Pringles has no presence in this organization? No one's talking to him, no one's consulting him for his thoughts, no one's looking to him to lead this team.

Posted Image

#37 Murdercassette

Murdercassette

Rap game Billy Mays

• 626 posts

Posted June 20, 2013 - 09:05 AM

Is it just me or Pringles has no presence in this organization? No one's talking to him, no one's consulting him for his thoughts, no one's looking to him to lead this team.

Beause he has no answers...he's a mumbling fool who inspires 0 confidence in anyone regarding the endeavors he pursues.

Posted Image

#38 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,150 posts

Posted June 20, 2013 - 09:08 AM

Agreed that the Kings did use the princeston and was successful however the difference is Rick Adelman is a very good coach. If you have a good coach

I agree with most of that, because I don't think training camp will assist D'Antoni in becoming a better coach (and the right coach for a post player like Dwight Howard), but just one thing: that college offense you're talking about is the Princeton, correct?  Rick Adelman's Sacramento Kings were a Robert Horry shot away from making it to the Finals with it installed, and there are other teams who may not have won a championship, but did find success running the offense in the pros.

I agree but there are many aspect to that arguement.  Yes its true that the Kings used a princeston offense to be successful and was successful.  But you comparing Rick Adelman to Mike Brown.  It all comes down to coach. If you have a great coach, he can take any offensive scheme and make it good or great. If you have a crappy coach, you can give him the best offensive scheme in the world and he will find ways to screw it up.  The triangle that Phil uses was a very successful one. But how come other coaches don't use it? Because it is a very complex offense and it takes a genius to make it work well. If you give the triangle to MDA or Mike  Brown, they will find ways to ruined it. But lets get back to the princeston offense. Mike Brown didn't use that offense during his coaching career. He didn't use it fully in cleveland. So he thought just because the kings been successful with it, he freaked out and put the offense in. Reason why i said that offense usually doesnt work in the pros is the princeston are usually based on teams that doesn't have a superstar. Some argue that Mike Bibby and Chris Weber a superstar but to me, they are just good players. Chris Weber a hall of famer? Not too sure about that.  We have Kobe freaking Bryant and Dwight freaking HOward. Then we also have Steve freaking Nash.  Why the hell do you bring in an offense that supposed to be based on teams that doesn't have superstars? Thats why you rarely see it use on great teams with superstar players. You see it used on middle of the road teams. I think that if Phil Jackson was giving the princeton offense he will make it work well but unlike MDA and Mike Brown, Phil look at the rosters and see what kind of players he has and work a system that fits the players. Not the other way around like those two loser of a coach did.

#39 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,130 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted June 20, 2013 - 09:08 AM

When has he done ANYTHING to earn respect of his peers? 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#40 MidnightMarauder

MidnightMarauder

Off The Bench

• 1,529 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted June 20, 2013 - 09:31 AM

Beause he has no answers...he's a mumbling fool who inspires 0 confidence in anyone regarding the endeavors he pursues.

I was pretty much going to say exactly this.

He's a lame duck. Lakers get off to even a mediocre start he's gone. Hell, he might not even make it to the season hahaha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users