#61 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 881 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 22, 2013 - 02:17 PM

I think the problem people have with being complimentary of Dwight regards his offspring is this. When you have 6 kids to many different women and you dont openly acknowledge your kids in the media much if at all, people presume from the facts we know that he isn't the "Greatest Dad in the World" material. You can't
blame us assuming because thats what it seems.

Being a father of 5 with a few baby mamas myself I don't cast moral judgement on Dwight. However i will always be or try to be a part of my childrens life. They will always be a big part of my life, and while me and some of my baby mamas may have strained relationships, I don't let it affect my love for my children.

Because we don't know Dwights relationship with his baby mamas and kids I dont really like to cast judgement. I know everyone is different and while some star athletles are open about their private life and family some like to keep it private. But from the facts we do know you can't
blame us for our assumptions.

At the end of the day I will congratulate Dwight for becoming a Dad for the 6th time. However any man can make a baby. The true test is after their born and the part you play in their lives which determines what sort of father you are.

Also I congratulate the mothers as well. While they could just be gold diggers and be looking to just cash in with a NBA superstar they will be the ones who take primary care of the kids. They are the ones changing them, feeding them, cleaning them etc. While the kids should be financially fine with Dwight supporting them, money can't buy love. A child is more than just a
product of sex. Its a lifelong commitment physically and financially. If anyone knows that it's me

Edited by jax24, June 22, 2013 - 02:18 PM.

#62 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,272 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted June 22, 2013 - 02:18 PM

^ I think sometimes never can be too strong of a word, especially in this instance. You might not remember it now, but I think there's a pretty good chance at least once in your lifetime you've probably done so. Even just that one little time would be enough to disqualify you from the "never" claim. Not trying to be a douche, just being real here.

does this topic offend you like many others in this thread 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

• 40,548 posts

Posted June 22, 2013 - 02:21 PM

^ I'm pretty neutral to be honest. Not too passionate one way or another.

I am glad however that some of this helped introduce me to miss Hope Alexa. I can't wait to see her in the new season of 'Basketball Wives' on the DVR in sweet HD.

yo.

#64 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,272 posts

Posted June 22, 2013 - 02:37 PM

are my post coming off like I'm a [expletive]? 

• 40,548 posts

Posted June 22, 2013 - 02:38 PM

^ I could see how some could see you sometimes coming off as a bit strong I suppose.

yo.

#66 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,272 posts

Posted June 22, 2013 - 02:41 PM

^ I could see how some could see you sometimes coming off as a bit strong I suppose.

my bad, but I just dont like when people comment stuff that they don't know, like him being a good father or not 

#67 KB24

KB24

Off The Bench

• 2,582 posts
  • Name:Cameron
  • Fan Since:It's in my blood
  • Fav. Laker:Magic and Kobe

Posted June 22, 2013 - 06:18 PM

He's getting close to Travis Henry's 11 kids (at least) by 10 different women.

Edited by KB24, June 22, 2013 - 06:18 PM.

1985 Lakers Championship ring. LA 4 BOS 2.
http://i41.tinypic.com/5v7qdj.jpg

#68 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted June 22, 2013 - 08:42 PM

my bad, but I just dont like when people comment stuff that they don't know, like him being a good father or not 

My guess is I wouldn't have to search very far in your 21,000 posts to find a topic that you've commented in where you didn't know the full story. Discussing topics that we don't know much about is sort of what we do here.

He has six kids with at least 5 different women, who I'm guessing don't live in close proximity of each other. If he can be a good father to all those kids, then he is well deserving of his Superman nickname.

• 40,548 posts

Posted June 22, 2013 - 09:10 PM

Discussing topics that we don't know much about is sort of what we do here.

Exactly. There's always gotta' be some level of that in most, if not all forums. If there wasn't, forums probably wouldn't even exist.

yo.

#70 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,026 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 22, 2013 - 11:40 PM

I think the problem people have with being complimentary of Dwight regards his offspring is this. When you have 6 kids to many different women and you dont openly acknowledge your kids in the media much if at all, people presume from the facts we know that he isn't the "Greatest Dad in the World" material. You can't
blame us assuming because thats what it seems.

Being a father of 5 with a few baby mamas myself I don't cast moral judgement on Dwight. However i will always be or try to be a part of my childrens life. They will always be a big part of my life, and while me and some of my baby mamas may have strained relationships, I don't let it affect my love for my children.

Because we don't know Dwights relationship with his baby mamas and kids I dont really like to cast judgement. I know everyone is different and while some star athletles are open about their private life and family some like to keep it private. But from the facts we do know you can't
blame us for our assumptions.

At the end of the day I will congratulate Dwight for becoming a Dad for the 6th time. However any man can make a baby. The true test is after their born and the part you play in their lives which determines what sort of father you are.

Also I congratulate the mothers as well. While they could just be gold diggers and be looking to just cash in with a NBA superstar they will be the ones who take primary care of the kids. They are the ones changing them, feeding them, cleaning them etc. While the kids should be financially fine with Dwight supporting them, money can't buy love. A child is more than just a
product of sex. Its a lifelong commitment physically and financially. If anyone knows that it's me

Yeah but he can be a part of his kids life without talking to the media about him.

I think judging him because he doesn't drag them into the spotlight is a bit judgmental don't you think?

He doesn't talk about his kids in the media.. yet that makes him a bad father how exactly?  Know what I mean?

For all we know he may see them a few months out of the year, he may have visitation rights.

What we do know is that he has a good and working relationship with his first baby mama especially if she's the one the information came from.

Aside from the sacrifices away from children that NBA players that have children out of wedlock how do we know he doesn't spend any time with his kids in some way shape or form?

We don't.

yet some people are in here acting like it's a forgone conclusion that he just gets the chick pregnant and then wants nothing to do with his kids... 

Edited by Majesty, June 22, 2013 - 11:47 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#71 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 881 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 23, 2013 - 01:50 AM

Yeah as I stated he may want to keep him and his family out of the media. We dont know his actual relationship with his kids and their mothers. Im not condemning him and are in no position too. Im just stating why people have a veiw or perception of him. Believe me, Ive had the same lodged against me by people knowing nothing on my situation having children to 4 different women. It comes part and parcel with having kids to multiple women. The prejudice will always be your a man ho with a cavalier attitude who probably isnt a good father. Is this true? No but it the common public perception. Is it fair? Of course not. But it comes with the territory.

#72 El Diablo

El Diablo

U Mad?

• 5,232 posts
  • Name:El Diablo
  • Fan Since:Birth aka 1990
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson and Kobe Bryant

Posted June 23, 2013 - 01:57 AM

Why do you guys all believe black sports online? Has any of this been actually proven?

Posted Image

#73 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,272 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 09:33 AM

Why do you guys all believe black sports online? Has any of this been actually proven?

I follow Christine Vest on Twitter and judging by the tweets I think she had a baby 

#74 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,334 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted June 23, 2013 - 02:38 PM

This thread is past the point of no return.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#75 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,318 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted June 24, 2013 - 05:23 AM

Not so fast update: D12 1st baby's moms is making claims like he got 8 kids now smfh. D12 strap up or get fixed brother.

This thread is past the point of no return.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

• 40,548 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 11:53 AM

^ Link/source?

yo.

#77 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,318 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted June 24, 2013 - 08:58 PM

^ Link/source?

rumor mill could be shade/hate from her. but she supposed to have gag order on her check her twitter

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

• 40,548 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 01:10 PM

Royce Reed Names All Of Dwight Howard’s Baby Mamas; 8 Kids in 6 Years

So Dwight might actually have 8 baby mamas and 8 children.

yo.

#79 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,222 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 02:30 PM

This is a good thing for the Lakers if Dwight makes more children

More Children = More Child Support = More $$$ he has to spend = Him Signing With The Lakers Because We Can Offer More $$$

It is simply math guys

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

• 40,548 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 03:09 PM

^ Exactly, which is why I don't understand so many in here being upset about this and not seeing that huge & obvious positive. If anything, he should be encouraged to have more, it only betters the chances of him staying.

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users