Photo

Has the power of balance shifted in L.A.?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,455 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted June 19, 2013 - 02:56 PM

Might be premature to say but with things looking like Clippers will be in title contention for the next 1-2 years with this deal of Doc Rivers and KG and can safely assume when Pierce is bought out he will also be a Clipper.  Mean awhile are beloved Lakers are in cap space hell unable to make moves and Dwight is 50/50 on returning back to LA.  So with that being said are now in a time place where the Clippers perhaps are the now the definite powerhouse of LA?

Posted Image

#2 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,073 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 19, 2013 - 02:58 PM

It shifted the minute the Lakers hire Mike D Antoni.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#3 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,098 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 19, 2013 - 03:00 PM

Kobe Bryant's response

The Clippers would then become an older team than ours and be the only team we could run like "showtime" against. (laughs)

No.

Our worst season riddled with injuries, went about as well as the Clippers best in the playoffs.  First round exits,

There's no balance of power shift till they make it further than us in the playoffs.   Till then they will be the Cavaliers.   Great regular season performance.   Let down in the playoffs.

I like some of the personnel moves they are making though.  They obviously want to win. 

We'll have to wait and see what happens with this Doc Rivers deal.

The thing is though people complain the Lakers aren't making moves like the Clippers are, they have to realize all the moves we intend on making are dependent on whether Dwight is here or not.

It would make no sense to go out and get players that we'd use to build the team around Dwight if Dwight is not here.   So we have to wait and see what he wants first as he's a part of the 5 year plan.

Edited by Majesty, June 19, 2013 - 03:02 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#4 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,073 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 19, 2013 - 03:00 PM

This will ALWAYS be a Lakers town and the Lakers will ALWAYS be better than the Clippers EVEN if the Clippers have Lebron, Kevin Durant, Dwight, CP3 and a cast of all stars in one team.  Why? because the Lakers have a brand that is unmatched and untouched.  Lakers built this brand for the past 40 or so years. Just because of some nice moves the JV squad across the street is making doesn't mean crap. Even if the Clippers end up winning a championship, it is no match to the Lakers 16.

Case close. No argument.  Clipper will always be the door matt for the Lakers.

Edited by epicwolf, June 19, 2013 - 03:03 PM.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#5 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,321 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted June 19, 2013 - 03:06 PM

What?

#6 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,772 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 19, 2013 - 03:15 PM

No, their the clippers.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#7 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,366 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 19, 2013 - 04:06 PM

The homer Lakers fans can deny it all they want, but the Clippers are definitely "the team" at the moment in Los Angeles.

Do I think the Clippers will ever own Los Angeles? Not a chance, but they are definitely the best team in LA right now and that's all that matters (and that's before this deal potentially takes place).

The Lakers have work to do to shift the power back to the purple and gold but sadly, that may not have for at least a couple seasons or more if you realistically look at each team's situation.

Clippers have the youth and excitement, now add in the potential of championship caliber players and coaches in KG, Pierce, and Doc Rivers.

Lakers have an aging superstar coming off a major injury in Kobe Bryant, a situation where we are DESPERATELY trying to keep Dwight Howard, another year until we have cap space, and roster that is not suited to our below average head coach.

Can Lakers fans really say that the power hasn't shifted? Get real.

#8 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,455 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted June 19, 2013 - 04:22 PM

The homer Lakers fans can deny it all they want, but the Clippers are definitely "the team" at the moment in Los Angeles.

Do I think the Clippers will ever own Los Angeles? Not a chance, but they are definitely the best team in LA right now and that's all that matters (and that's before this deal potentially takes place).

The Lakers have work to do to shift the power back to the purple and gold but sadly, that may not have for at least a couple seasons or more if you realistically look at each team's situation.

Clippers have the youth and excitement, now add in the potential of championship caliber players and coaches in KG, Pierce, and Doc Rivers.

Lakers have an aging superstar coming off a major injury in Kobe Bryant, a situation where we are DESPERATELY trying to keep Dwight Howard, another year until we have cap space, and roster that is not suited to our below average head coach.

Do you at least agree the Clippers better win a title in 1 or 2 years cause with this deal that is going to take place that is all the window they have left to win a title with an aging KG and Pierce on the roster.

Posted Image

#9 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,366 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 19, 2013 - 04:49 PM

Do you at least agree the Clippers better win a title in 1 or 2 years cause with this deal that is going to take place that is all the window they have left to win a title with an aging KG and Pierce on the roster.

I think the deal is a very interesting one.  It's two older players at the end of their careers that would be essentially role players, instead of the guys like they were in Boston.

I do agree though that their window is significantly minimized if this deal takes place.

#10 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,988 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted June 19, 2013 - 05:00 PM

Shifted in LA? It's LA, the Clippers are the nice new toy but unless they amount a dynasty then no they will never be more than a gimmick.

• 40,385 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 05:01 PM

No, their the clippers.

Yeah, they're the Clippers.

yo.

#12 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is Bad For Chemistry

• 6,870 posts
  • Name:Walter Black
  • Fan Since:Breaking Bad
  • Fav. Laker:I am the danger

Posted June 19, 2013 - 05:37 PM

You can't go to College when you keep flunking outta Preschool...

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#13 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,268 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted June 19, 2013 - 05:50 PM

It's like the Clippers and Celtics joining forces, two of our hated rivals. I hate this Clippers team right now more than I ever did.

Part of me wants the deal to get done so we can beat Rivers/KG/Pierce in the playoffs again, but take out the Clippers as well.

It's like a 2 for 1 special.

But with the way this team is being run (MIKE [expletive]ING D'ANTONI) I have little confidence that happens so Im pushing for it to fall through once again.

If we lose to that Clippers team, I would not know what to do with myself as a Lakers fan. It would be horrific.
EAT
SLEEP
CONQUER
REPEAT

#14 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,073 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 05:59 PM

Clippers make this move and they are the offseason winners

We all know how offseason winners fair. Cough lakers cough

I do think the lakers should consider pau for pierce if the celts are having a firesale. We need
Shooting and someone to lessen Kobe's load

It also keeps 2014 and 2015 alive

However I could already see pau getting bought out and waltzing to Miami or San Antonio or worse

Okc

Though I have doubts that we do that. It's also probably not the best move.

Mitch has his work cut out for him. The clippers do improve with that deal. Losing Bledsoe and butler doesn't mean much if terry, pierce, and kg come along with doc

They'd be old but you now take all the pressure off Blake and he can literally just pump up the crowd twice a game with dunks while pierce, cp3, and kg do the winning
Posted Image

#15 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,272 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted June 19, 2013 - 06:05 PM

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#16 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Monogatari

• 8,418 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 06:58 PM

Nail Clippers.

MMiRi9s.png

#17 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted June 19, 2013 - 11:18 PM

They're the better team, but will probably be the most hated team in Los Angeles as well. Adding KG, Doc, and the cripple from Inglewood isn't going to sit well with people in LA.

#18 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,124 posts
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted June 20, 2013 - 07:30 AM

When Clips win Chips talk to me then

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

• 40,385 posts

Posted June 20, 2013 - 11:47 AM

They're the better team, but will probably be the most hated team in Los Angeles as well. Adding KG, Doc, and the cripple from Inglewood isn't going to sit well with people in LA.

Although a minority, there is a significant group of people who live in L.A., who are absolute Laker haters. In fact, a lot of them aren't even real Clipper fans, they just use them as an excuse & escape out of their hate for the Lakers. These same people would absolutely love & welcome those Celtics with open arms cause after all these same people were rooting for them to beat us for our most recent championship.

yo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users