Photo

Are you willing to take Blake Griffin if D12 wants to leave or just let D12 walk?

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

Poll: Willing to get Blake Griffin if D12 walk? (57 member(s) have cast votes)

Yes. Lakers need to atleast get something if D12 wants to leave.

1. No. Blake Griffin is so over rated. I rather use D12 cap space for other things. (25 votes [43.86%])

Percentage of vote: 43.86%

2. Yes. Lakers need to atleast get something if D12 wants to leave. (26 votes [45.61%])

Percentage of vote: 45.61%

3. Not sure what I want to do yet. (6 votes [10.53%])

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,474 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 27, 2013 - 10:55 AM

I'd want Bledsoe as well, but all you guys who wouldn't do a Griffin/Bledsoe deal for Dwight, who is it out there that you think you're going to sign instead?

#122 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 297 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted June 27, 2013 - 11:13 AM

One of the more exciting Forwards (not a true Center) in the NBA.  Hell yes, I want him.  He needs to work on his jumper, something is working on this summer with coaches.  His midrange jumper is limited to about 10 feet, not good enough for a super-star. 

#123 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 880 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 27, 2013 - 11:42 AM

Griffin/Bledsoe is the only S&T I would do for Dwight. Griffins value is as an asset probably as much as a player. He gives us out of this world athleticism which we need and a major drawcard. He also gives u a 2B/3rd option in 2014 if Kobe returns, depending on who else you could attain in free agency. However he also is a valuable trade chip. He could be used to get a star player who wants out of his current team or team wants him out. Or he could be used to gain a high draft pick for next year from a tanking team. Bledsoe would be someone you look to replace Nash with in 2014. However he also could be a nice trade chip as well, being a legit young combo guard. They key with this S&T is you have options to either keep the players or bring pieces back by trading them because of their good value.

#124 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,144 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 27, 2013 - 12:48 PM

Not even sure if the Clippers want D12. I know CP3 does but not sure if they willing to give us Bledsoe along with Blake Griffen. If anything, I think they might give us Jordan and Griffin or more likely Griffin, some money and Butler or maybe even Odom.   In any case, Blake Griffin has to be in the deal no matter what just to make the deal matches

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#125 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,166 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted June 27, 2013 - 01:04 PM

Bledsoe and Blake for Dwight...then Blake for LaMarcus....a dude can dream.

EyMlHkX.jpg

#126 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,474 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 04:26 AM

I’m still waiting for some of all you guys who would prefer the cap space instead of a sign and trade for Bledsoe and Griffin to tell me who you hope to sign with that cap space?

#127 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,729 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted June 28, 2013 - 04:35 AM

Um Im not sure if thats even a good trade.  Not sure why guys are so in love with LMA.  Like someone described him the other day.  He has a bit of Rashard Lewis in him.  Puts up some nice stats but almost 0 hustle or grit to him.  LMA is a guy that coasts by not dominates games.  Blake for as limited on the post he has been can impose his will on games and make big plays.  BG > LMA and he is younger. 

Bledsoe and Blake for Dwight...then Blake for LaMarcus....a dude can dream.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#128 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,251 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted June 28, 2013 - 03:45 PM

Um Im not sure if thats even a good trade.  Not sure why guys are so in love with LMA.  Like someone described him the other day.  He has a bit of Rashard Lewis in him.  Puts up some nice stats but almost 0 hustle or grit to him.  LMA is a guy that coasts by not dominates games.  Blake for as limited on the post he has been can impose his will on games and make big plays.  BG > LMA and he is younger. 

Lol. LMA is so head and shoulders above Blake it's ridiculous.

#129 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,002 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted June 28, 2013 - 05:07 PM

Interestingly enough though, BG would do amazing in an MDA offense which actually doesn't make me feel better unfortunately.

#130 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted June 28, 2013 - 07:58 PM

Nope. You're never winning a title with Griffin as your first option, and why would we ever want to help out the Clippers in landing a superstar player? If we can't keep him, the let him walk, tank, and rebuild. Better to be horrible for a few years then rise up again than to remain mediocre for a decade.

yeah thats the real trade off. I hate blake but he would be a good trade piece and broadens their pool of potential players without having to depend solely on free agency. bledsoe on the other hand, me likey.

that said, the clippers are the last team the lakers would want to send dwight to for good reason. the thought of a d12 rebound to cp3 with the lakers defenders in cement shoes is not good.

unfortunately he prob wouldnt want to weaken his potential team through a trade if cp3 isnt involved when he could just go to houston, who knows whats going on in that head though. he does want to be the man and going to a team that just sent some of its better players to get him is a good start lol.

i wouldnt bet the farm on it but i still think he stays at the end of the day.

Edited by SweatShop, June 28, 2013 - 08:08 PM.

Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#131 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,753 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 28, 2013 - 09:42 PM

I'll take griffin and bledsoe for D12 cause I prefer to enjoy watching some highlights while losing instead of watching the lakers losing without any highlights.

I don't want the lakers become SPURS 2.0 who's boring to watch for god sake.

33bkfif.jpg

#132 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,906 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 28, 2013 - 09:56 PM

I'll take boring and winning over dunks any day of the week.

#133 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,474 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 10:08 PM

I'll take boring and winning over dunks any day of the week.

Anyone would. But that's not the issue. The issue is whether we should take exciting and dunking over nothing. 

And i'm still waiting of someone to tell me which two players other than Lebron they'd target in 2014 and who'd be a better option than Grifiin + all-star. 

#134 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,996 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 28, 2013 - 10:15 PM

Anyone would. But that's not the issue. The issue is whether we should take exciting and dunking over nothing. 

And i'm still waiting of someone to tell me which two players other than Lebron they'd target in 2014 and who'd be a better option than Grifiin + all-star. 

I would rather struggle until we rise again over getting spectacular dunks every night and going nowhere in the playoffs locked with Griffin's contract.

I'd rather not have the Lakers be like the early Cavs and Clippers in that we should Tivo their regular seasons and then stop watching in the playoffs.

Edited by Majesty, June 28, 2013 - 10:15 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#135 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,002 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted June 28, 2013 - 10:19 PM

I would rather struggle until we rise again over getting spectacular dunks every night and going nowhere in the playoffs locked with Griffin's contract.

I'd rather not have the Lakers be like the early Cavs and Clippers in that we should Tivo their regular seasons and then stop watching in the playoffs.

I agree and probably most fans fall under this category, but for me it really is about the Kobe factor and him winning with whatever time he has left. Which is probably what the franchise is internally struggling with.

#136 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,474 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 10:47 PM

First of all, we wouldn't be that much worse off if we could put Griffin and Bledsoe into the mix. Our frontcourt would be worse defensively but a lot better offensively and with Pau-Griffin-Hill we'd also be an elite rebounding team. 

In Bledsoe we'd cover our biggest weakness which is perimeter defense and he's is basically the perfect guy to back up Nash. 

If we added a couple of wing shooters/defenders - like Ronnie Brewer and Dorrell Wright, we'd be a strong team in the playoffs. 

But even if it didn't work out, we'd be able to move both Bledsoe and Griffin for high lottery picks and young assets.

#137 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,996 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 28, 2013 - 10:48 PM

First of all, we wouldn't be that much worse off if we could put Griffin and Bledsoe into the mix. Our frontcourt would be worse defensively but a lot better offensively and with Pau-Griffin-Hill we'd also be an elite rebounding team. 

In Bledsoe we'd cover our biggest weakness which is perimeter defense and he's is basically the perfect guy to back up Nash. 

If we added a couple of wing shooters/defenders - like Ronnie Brewer and Dorrell Wright, we'd be a strong team in the playoffs. 

But even if it didn't work out, we'd be able to move both Bledsoe and Griffin for high lottery picks and young assets.

There wouldn't be many rebounds when teams go past Nash and then score on Gasol at the basket while Griffin stares and "LOL"s at them for expecting him to be the help defender.

Edited by Majesty, June 28, 2013 - 10:48 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#138 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,474 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 10:55 PM

There wouldn't be many rebounds when teams go past Nash and then score on Gasol at the basket while Griffin stares and "LOL"s at them for expecting him to be the help defender.

Well, if that's the case we move Pau for a someone who can protect the paint - Pau for Ariza and Emeka Okafor?

#139 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,862 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 29, 2013 - 08:45 AM

The debate wasn't whether he was a good coach, but I'm glad you agree he's not a superstar killer. But Steve Nash wasn't Steve Nash until he teamed up with D'Antoni.
And as far as coaching goes, many good teams in the league are using some version of his pick and roll/spreading the floor corner/three shooting offense.
Fact is, he used to be a good coach, but the league has caught up and passed him by.

Ken or Scott?

#140 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,862 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 29, 2013 - 08:47 AM

I'm tired of everyone thinking players can't evolve.

Dirk couldn't win and his game evolved
Same with Kobe.
LeBron.
MJ
Shaq

The list is on

I will say , bigs needs GREAT GUARD PLAY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users