Photo

Are you willing to take Blake Griffin if D12 wants to leave or just let D12 walk?

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

Poll: Willing to get Blake Griffin if D12 walk? (57 member(s) have cast votes)

Yes. Lakers need to atleast get something if D12 wants to leave.

1. No. Blake Griffin is so over rated. I rather use D12 cap space for other things. (25 votes [43.86%])

Percentage of vote: 43.86%

2. Yes. Lakers need to atleast get something if D12 wants to leave. (26 votes [45.61%])

Percentage of vote: 45.61%

3. Not sure what I want to do yet. (6 votes [10.53%])

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,021 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 21, 2013 - 08:18 AM

If Bynum wasn't injured I wouldnt mind having him back

Edited by Instigator, June 21, 2013 - 08:18 AM.

#102 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,149 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted June 21, 2013 - 10:05 AM

If Coach D was going to be let go = it would have happened last season! THey are stuck with him. Cp3 dont change anything still not a Title fav with Cp3.

huh? By getting CP3, you get Dwight. By getting them both, you almost certainly get rid of MDA. I would say that's quite the answer.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#103 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 917 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 21, 2013 - 10:12 AM

If Coach D was going to be let go = it would have happened last season! THey are stuck with him. Cp3 dont change anything still not a Title fav with Cp3.

our biggest weekness this season, aside form MDA, was lack of athleticism, lack of defense on the perimiter, lack of someone capable of taking some heat away from Kobe.

Last I checked, CP3 does all these things.

#104 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,149 posts

Posted June 21, 2013 - 10:32 AM

CP3 lil athleticism = doesnt improve that he always hurt; Lakers need shooters = Cp3 is not 1! Cp3 is a good help defender not a ball on ball defender. Yes he would take responsibility away from Kobe (which is more needed than ever before due to achillies) But unless we get a quality serviceable backup for Kobe & a starting SF that can shoot & play defense along with 2 quality bench players CP3 wouldnt make a difference to the roster in regards to getting a Title. IMO

our biggest weekness this season, aside form MDA, was lack of athleticism, lack of defense on the perimiter, lack of someone capable of taking some heat away from Kobe.

Last I checked, CP3 does all these things.

#105 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 917 posts

Posted June 21, 2013 - 10:41 AM

CP3 lil athleticism = doesnt improve that he always hurt; Lakers need shooters = Cp3 is not 1! Cp3 is a good help defender not a ball on ball defender. Yes he would take responsibility away from Kobe (which is more needed than ever before due to achillies) But unless we get a quality serviceable backup for Kobe & a starting SF that can shoot & play defense along with 2 quality bench players CP3 wouldnt make a difference to the roster in regards to getting a Title. IMO

Our shooter, and backup pg/sg would be a 50/40/90 guy who can pass the ball equally well, actually coming off the bench. With Nash, Kobe, and CP3 on the top, you dramatically lower all their minutes, which is exactly what we need. I think were just fine with Clark at SF, and Pau and Dwight were starting to play quite well together towards the end of the season.

We can definitely use another SF, but to say that CP3 wouldn't fix ALOT of our problems is just crazy, IMO

#106 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,149 posts

Posted June 21, 2013 - 10:49 AM

No Nash is too small & 0 athleticism

No need to continue with PAu & D12. It will not work without 2-3 spot up / catch & shoot players like what Mia have. its a pipe dream thinking keeping same lineup is anything otehr than 2nrd loss even with Cp3 & current roster. When Cp3 got announced b4 Stern shot it down I said not enough still means nothing unless D12 signed. But after watching Pau & D12 together = its pointless under Coach D system to keep them together. Im not a big fan of CP3 - i think he is vastly overrated. Look at what he did with the perfect mix of talent 2 solid players at ever position & he couldnt do nothing with that perfectly assembled team. not worth the $

#107 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,474 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted June 21, 2013 - 12:30 PM

No need to continue with PAu & D12. It will not work without 2-3 spot up / catch & shoot players like what Mia have. its a pipe dream thinking keeping same lineup is anything otehr than 2nrd loss even with Cp3 & current roster. When Cp3 got announced b4 Stern shot it down I said not enough still means nothing unless D12 signed. But after watching Pau & D12 together = its pointless under Coach D system to keep them together. Im not a big fan of CP3 - i think he is vastly overrated. Look at what he did with the perfect mix of talent 2 solid players at ever position & he couldnt do nothing with that perfectly assembled team. not worth the $

YOu sign Dorrell Wright to the mini-midlevel and then you have Nash and Wright spreading the floor. That'll do it. 

#108 Nightmare

Nightmare

Rookie

• 39 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Pau Gasol

Posted June 21, 2013 - 12:36 PM

Our shooter, and backup pg/sg would be a 50/40/90 guy who can pass the ball equally well, actually coming off the bench. With Nash, Kobe, and CP3 on the top, you dramatically lower all their minutes, which is exactly what we need. I think were just fine with Clark at SF, and Pau and Dwight were starting to play quite well together towards the end of the season.

We can definitely use another SF, but to say that CP3 wouldn't fix ALOT of our problems is just crazy, IMO

There's like 2 active 50/40/90 guys in the entire league. Nash and Durant and you think our BACK-UP pg/sg should be a 50/40/90 guy? uhhh.. LOL

#109 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,000 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 21, 2013 - 02:01 PM

you can't say that.

If CP3 was here last year(the first with Mike Brown) we would have done a lot better and probably beat OKC.

Turn Sessions into CP3 instead, do you see us giving up those leads against OKC?

Let's not forget that Sessions was so inexperienced and inconsistent at that level that Brown had to play Blake extended minutes despite Sessions being the starter.

If you turn Sessions into CP3 we beat OKC and then who knows.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#110 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,149 posts

Posted June 22, 2013 - 07:10 AM

Possibly but I still highly doubt it. Pau in the end would have messed everything up.

you can't say that.

If CP3 was here last year(the first with Mike Brown) we would have done a lot better and probably beat OKC.

Turn Sessions into CP3 instead, do you see us giving up those leads against OKC?

Let's not forget that Sessions was so inexperienced and inconsistent at that level that Brown had to play Blake extended minutes despite Sessions being the starter.

If you turn Sessions into CP3 we beat OKC and then who knows.

#111 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 917 posts

Posted June 22, 2013 - 06:43 PM

There's like 2 active 50/40/90 guys in the entire league. Nash and Durant and you think our BACK-UP pg/sg should be a 50/40/90 guy? uhhh.. LOL

I was referring to Nash... Did you not get that?

#112 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,000 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 22, 2013 - 11:26 PM

Possibly but I still highly doubt it. Pau in the end would have messed everything up.

Pau'd be gone if we'd gotten CP3 ;)

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#113 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Sedalle Threatt

Posted June 26, 2013 - 02:44 PM

Scott P, you've got your analysis backwards.

The success D'Antoni found in Phoenix was due to Steve Nash, not the other way around.  And even then he failed to learn the ability to manage the team to the Finals, when by all accounts they should've been there.

I wouldn't brand him as a "superstar killer", but I'd certainly brand him as a simply terrible NBA coach.

The debate wasn't whether he was a good coach, but I'm glad you agree he's not a superstar killer.  But Steve Nash wasn't Steve Nash until he teamed up with D'Antoni.  

And as far as coaching goes, many good teams in the league are using some version of his pick and roll/spreading the floor corner/three shooting offense.  

Fact is, he used to be a good coach, but the league has caught up and passed him by.

Edited by Scott P, June 26, 2013 - 02:48 PM.

#114 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 02:56 PM

Losing Dwight would suck, but losing him to one of our rivals in the same building, and setting them up to contend for titles and be better than us for YEARS is unthinkable. 

#115 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,732 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 27, 2013 - 05:05 AM

Griffin is vastly overrated, this guy is just an one-dimensional player who can't play defense, can't shoot, can't pass, can't play smart basketball, can't rebound at a great level and he is just a terrific dunker and freaking athlete. The Lakers would never win a championship with Griffin as our go-to-guy player. I'd rather let Dwight walk and we would surely make a strong push to sign LeBron James and another superstar-caliber player in 2014 to win out of the gate. 

Edited by Nak, June 27, 2013 - 05:06 AM.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#116 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,144 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 27, 2013 - 05:17 AM

The debate wasn't whether he was a good coach, but I'm glad you agree he's not a superstar killer.  But Steve Nash wasn't Steve Nash until he teamed up with D'Antoni.  

And as far as coaching goes, many good teams in the league are using some version of his pick and roll/spreading the floor corner/three shooting offense.  

Fact is, he used to be a good coach, but the league has caught up and passed him by.

Steve Nash wasn't steve nash until he meet D Antoni?  I guess you didn't watch Nash in Dallas then because I can argue he played a lot better in Dallas than he did in Phoenix. It just happens he have better parts around him in phoenix. Nash was beasting in Dallas.  MDA is just a very over rated coach. Steven Nash made his career. Just like how Kobe was the reason we went 28 - 12 but MDA will use that as an excuse to not get fired.  MDA was NEVER a good coach.  How come it's so hard for people to realized that? Is it because he is a nice guy? Is it because people are fans of Pinkles? Is it because he looks like one of your dads?  Reality is the Lakers have a coach the same level as a Randy Phund and a Dale Harris. MDA are in the same level as those guys. Great assistant coaches but should never be a head coach.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#117 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Sedalle Threatt

Posted June 27, 2013 - 08:30 AM

Steve Nash wasn't steve nash until he meet D Antoni?  I guess you didn't watch Nash in Dallas then because I can argue he played a lot better in Dallas than he did in Phoenix. It just happens he have better parts around him in phoenix. Nash was beasting in Dallas.  MDA is just a very over rated coach. Steven Nash made his career. Just like how Kobe was the reason we went 28 - 12 but MDA will use that as an excuse to not get fired.  MDA was NEVER a good coach.  How come it's so hard for people to realized that? Is it because he is a nice guy? Is it because people are fans of Pinkles? Is it because he looks like one of your dads?  Reality is the Lakers have a coach the same level as a Randy Phund and a Dale Harris. MDA are in the same level as those guys. Great assistant coaches but should never be a head coach.

Nash won two MVP's with the Suns.  So you can argue that he was better with the Mav's, but you'd be wrong.  He looks like one of my dads?  How old are you?  I'm assuming by your writing you're in your early teens, so yes, MDA had not been a good coach in the era of your basketball fandom.  

Edited by Scott P, June 27, 2013 - 08:33 AM.

#118 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted June 27, 2013 - 08:46 AM

BG is not a player you build around for a championship.  Actually...I am not even sure he can be a 2nd option on a championship team.... so answer is NO.  Give me the cap space.

#119 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,474 posts

Posted June 27, 2013 - 08:53 AM

BG is not a player you build around for a championship.  Actually...I am not even sure he can be a 2nd option on a championship team.... so answer is NO.  Give me the cap space.

To sign who?

Besides Lebron, name me two guys you'd take ahead of Griffin in the 2014 and 2015 free agency. 

#120 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,439 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted June 27, 2013 - 09:48 AM

Call me greedy, but I want both Griffin and Bledsoe.

Griffin just isn't gonna cut it, considering you can get better guys who have similar contracts as him

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users