Photo

Are you willing to take Blake Griffin if D12 wants to leave or just let D12 walk?

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

Poll: Willing to get Blake Griffin if D12 walk? (57 member(s) have cast votes)

Yes. Lakers need to atleast get something if D12 wants to leave.

1. No. Blake Griffin is so over rated. I rather use D12 cap space for other things. (25 votes [43.86%])

Percentage of vote: 43.86%

2. Yes. Lakers need to atleast get something if D12 wants to leave. (26 votes [45.61%])

Percentage of vote: 45.61%

3. Not sure what I want to do yet. (6 votes [10.53%])

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,344 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted June 19, 2013 - 11:06 AM

meh, indifferent 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#22 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,561 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 11:09 AM

blake griffin is still very young, we havent seen the best of him, i wouldnt mind at all

bw1wOGf.png

#23 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,859 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 19, 2013 - 11:19 AM

Nonsense. He was selected for the all-nba 2nd team for the second time in a row and over the first 3 season he's averaging 20-10-3.6 while shooting .529FG% and a PER of close to 23. He is also among the most gifted athletes in the league and he is only 24. 

If you had Bledsoe and Griffin and 30-35 million in cap-space, you're gonna attact some FAs. Perhaps not Lebron but we really can't build the future of the Lakers on the hope that LBJ will sign here.

Griffin being 2nd team NBA and his stats don't mean anything to me at all. I care more about his play on the court and what he's capable of, and the truth is that he's still an extremely limited player. Blake Griffin is not a superstar on the level of a Dwight Howard or Chris Paul. Other players will come to teams just to play alongside these guys because they change games with their presence. CP3 can control the pace of a game better than anyone and is the best all-around PG in the league. Dwight Howard, when healthy, is one of the greatest defensive anchors that the league has ever seen. Blake Griffin? He's a solid All-Star caliber player, but you can't put his impact anywhere near that of a superstar. He's not a gamechanger on that level.

Our first priority should obviously be to keep Dwight Howard and to land a nice free agent in 2014. And to do this, you fire D'Antoni if necessary this summer. You don't choose a failure of a head coach just to save your ego when the future of the franchise is at stake. You can't mitigate the loss of a player of Dwight's caliber by replacing him with a duo of Griffin and Bledsoe. That won't do anything at all for us. You NEED the superstar, that's why we even wanted Dwight in the first place.

Blake Griffin + All-Star caliber free agent in 2014 = mediocre team

Dwight Howard + All-Star caliber free agent in 2014 = contender in the West

It's really that simple.

If Dwight DOES end up wanting to leave us, and gives us that ultimatum, then I'd rather he leave us and we start from scratch than be saddled with a player like Blake Griffin and a mediocre squad. You can't build a contender around Griffin, and pairing him with another All-Star won't lead to any major success at all. You're not getting anywhere with that team except the 2nd round at best. And in the meantime, the Clippers now have a duo of CP3/Dwight, a plethora of capable roleplayers, and now veterans will flock to the Clippers in free agency because they see the potential there.

If we did trade for Griffin, then you'd better cross your fingers for LeBron somehow landing here in 2014. Otherwise, we won't be anything special until 2018 or 2020 while the Clippers are racking up Finals appearances in a Western Conference where only the Thunder are a legitimate threat.

With that potential scenario, I think we're much better off just letting him walk then rebuilding from the ground up. You don't want to hand the team across the hallway the final piece to a potential dynasty and then wallow away as a 5th-7th seed for the next decade. That would be much worse than having to suffer a handful of terrible seasons and then rebuilding from the ground up.

#24 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,487 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted June 19, 2013 - 11:41 AM

Griffin being 2nd team NBA and his stats don't mean anything to me at all. I care more about his play on the court and what he's capable of, and the truth is that he's still an extremely limited player. Blake Griffin is not a superstar on the level of a Dwight Howard or Chris Paul. Other players will come to teams just to play alongside these guys because they change games with their presence. CP3 can control the pace of a game better than anyone and is the best all-around PG in the league. Dwight Howard, when healthy, is one of the greatest defensive anchors that the league has ever seen. Blake Griffin? He's a solid All-Star caliber player, but you can't put his impact anywhere near that of a superstar. He's not a gamechanger on that level.

Our first priority should obviously be to keep Dwight Howard and to land a nice free agent in 2014. And to do this, you fire D'Antoni if necessary this summer. You don't choose a failure of a head coach just to save your ego when the future of the franchise is at stake. You can't mitigate the loss of a player of Dwight's caliber by replacing him with a duo of Griffin and Bledsoe. That won't do anything at all for us. You NEED the superstar, that's why we even wanted Dwight in the first place.

Blake Griffin + All-Star caliber free agent in 2014 = mediocre team

Dwight Howard + All-Star caliber free agent in 2014 = contender in the West

It's really that simple.

If Dwight DOES end up wanting to leave us, and gives us that ultimatum, then I'd rather he leave us and we start from scratch than be saddled with a player like Blake Griffin and a mediocre squad. You can't build a contender around Griffin, and pairing him with another All-Star won't lead to any major success at all. You're not getting anywhere with that team except the 2nd round at best. And in the meantime, the Clippers now have a duo of CP3/Dwight, a plethora of capable roleplayers, and now veterans will flock to the Clippers in free agency because they see the potential there.

If we did trade for Griffin, then you'd better cross your fingers for LeBron somehow landing here in 2014. Otherwise, we won't be anything special until 2018 or 2020 while the Clippers are racking up Finals appearances in a Western Conference where only the Thunder are a legitimate threat.

With that potential scenario, I think we're much better off just letting him walk then rebuilding from the ground up. You don't want to hand the team across the hallway the final piece to a potential dynasty and then wallow away as a 5th-7th seed for the next decade. That would be much worse than having to suffer a handful of terrible seasons and then rebuilding from the ground up.

tumblr_mkf3qvxohd1r0ftodo1_500.gif

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#25 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,009 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 19, 2013 - 11:41 AM

You know lebron sits in the same category as this then? He is only good at what he does and is one dimensional. However, when he sticks to his game he is very dominant, much like blake can be. He is a young player and is missing all the pieces that can be taught. People say watch lebron get a jumper, watch him get post moves, and well he still doesnt have either and yet he is the best player in the world. Blake is much younger and can learn a post game down low, and if you watch him play he is working on his range as well. Both lebron and blake are great around the rim, and that is about it. Sure bron can be seen as a playmaker, but if you look at blakes rebounding numbers he is a pretty solid rebounder as well, so he has more to his game then you credit him already.

Never understood how people on this board praise lebron from being really dominant but offensively he really is one dimensional in the point his only go to move is get to the hoop, much like blake. However, the hate on blake is that he only does one thing on offense, um yea so does lebron but you laud him and put down blake, doesnt make any sense to me. I understand the kid had some hype to him and so does lebron, but if he is just putting up those numbers just by being an athletic freak that can still add a post game and some range he can blossom into  a great player. IDK his work ethic so I cant speak on if he will get this but you cant say for years Lebron will add a jumper and post game and he hasnt, and then in the same sentence say Blake is one dimensional and will never be anything more.

People say the hate for bron on this board is unreal, I find the hate on Blake much worst maybe because he is a clipper, but there isnt something you can say about blake you cant about lebron. Has one go to move? When not getting to the hoop their game ineffective? No consistent jimmy? Lack of post game? Both of them have this. Yet lebron is the best player in the world and Blake is an overrated scrub? Something is wrong here. Blake can still learn everything people say he doesnt have, you wanted the kid to come out of college dunking like an animal and having a stellar post game? It doesnt work like that as a player matures he adds more to his game, and Blake is still really young at 24. I wouldnt be happy losing dwight at all, but if he is def gonna leave I would take blake griffin and bledsode in a heart beat instead of nothing.

Everyone saying no we are gonna make the clippers real contenders. No we are not, they are the clippers regardless of who they have they will not do well, seen this year and last year. They can have a solid squad and a great bench and still lose in the first round, it is just the curse of being a clipper.

Edit: Blake also averages more ast for his career then gasol who is known as being the best big man passer with apg being 3.6.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, June 19, 2013 - 11:52 AM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#26 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted June 19, 2013 - 11:45 AM

I don't like Howard going to the Clips. Thats just stupid. Griffin is basically Amar'e 2.0, only shorter. I'd let Howard walk and focus on rebuilding. Hopefully we land Wiggins.

#27 Holden_Magroin

Holden_Magroin

Rookie

• 53 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar & Kobe

Posted June 19, 2013 - 12:00 PM

If Dwight is traded to the Clippers, I would like Blake Griffon to go to the Twolves, and Kevin Love to the Lakers. 

#28 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,914 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted June 19, 2013 - 12:06 PM

The only way I would do this is if Dwight specifically says he no longer wants to be a Laker... AND Bledsoe is included in the deal. I feel like Bledsoe is primed to blow up, if given the chance as a starter.

2div

#29 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,360 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 19, 2013 - 12:12 PM

There has to be a plan B for the Lakers if Dwight wants to leave.  And if getting the over rated Blake Griffin and bledsoe for Dwight then I dont mind that.  The only issue is I doubt the clippers want to give us Bledsoe. I think the Clippers will give us a couple of useless draft picks and Coron Butler or heck, a Lamar Odom?   Bledsoe to them is such a valueable assets in other deals. 

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#30 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,360 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 12:14 PM

If Dwight is traded to the Clippers, I would like Blake Griffon to go to the Twolves, and Kevin Love to the Lakers. 

How would this work? How can the Twolves be in the mix when Dwight Howard is not a normal trade.  Remember the Lakers don't have the power to trade Howard. It is Howard that has all the power and if he accept to go to a certain team or not. I dont see how the Twolves can be in a three team deal when it is a sign in trade.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#31 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,564 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted June 19, 2013 - 12:18 PM

In all honesty, i would rather have none of them and MDA fired haha.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#32 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,914 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted June 19, 2013 - 12:21 PM

I think Dwight staying with MDA leaving is every Laker fan's preference haha

2div

#33 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,627 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted June 19, 2013 - 12:40 PM

I don't think Blake is that overrated if the Clips would offer him AND Bledsoe for Dwight. Everyone knows he's a highlight machine, decent midrange jumper, can actually handle the ball alright, but zero defense and limited post moves. If I were the Lakers I may do that deal if we can also unload another contract with Dwight.

#34 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,965 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 19, 2013 - 12:48 PM

There has to be a plan B for the Lakers if Dwight wants to leave.  And if getting the over rated Blake Griffin and bledsoe for Dwight then I dont mind that.  The only issue is I doubt the clippers want to give us Bledsoe. I think the Clippers will give us a couple of useless draft picks and Coron Butler or heck, a Lamar Odom?   Bledsoe to them is such a valueable assets in other deals. 

Their plan B would be just letting him walk and using 2014 to do what they can but also for shedding salary in prep for the 2014 season and going forward with Gasol as their starting center.  

They have stated this many times.   Dwight isn't changing their 2014 plans if he leaves, it's just a matter on if he wants to be a part of it or not. 

Edited by Majesty, June 19, 2013 - 12:48 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#35 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,360 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 12:49 PM

I don't think Blake is that overrated if the Clips would offer him AND Bledsoe for Dwight. Everyone knows he's a highlight machine, decent midrange jumper, can actually handle the ball alright, but zero defense and limited post moves. If I were the Lakers I may do that deal if we can also unload another contract with Dwight.

Ok you just convinced me to not take Blake.  Zero defense?  Ofcourse Lakers don't need any defensive players with MDA coaching. That would be illegal for his system.

#36 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,965 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 12:55 PM

Ok you just convinced me to not take Blake.  Zero defense?  Ofcourse Lakers don't need any defensive players with MDA coaching. That would be illegal for his system.

he had Marion and Bell in his system.

D'antoni doesn't care if his players can play defense or not.  Stretching the floor or being able to play pick and roll matters more to him.   He's not gonna not take a guy just because he can play defense.   You'd have a better argument saying that he wouldn't want Tony Allen.   He'd love Blake Griffin tbh.

#37 Daddy4MVP

Daddy4MVP

Rookie

• 353 posts
  • Fan Since:Always
  • Fav. Laker:Ariza 4 MVP

Posted June 19, 2013 - 01:25 PM

All of you saying that youd rather have Dwight walk and for us to get nothing are irrational.

WORST case situation we should get Griffin and Bledsoe, and immediatly get a 3rd team like the Bobcats to take Griffin for their unprotected 2014 1st round pick. At least that way, we have an amazing pick, potentially have our own 1st round 2014 pick if we decide to tank, AND have Bledsoe as an amazing asset for the future.

2014:

Bledsoe, Nash, Kobe, Wiggins or Parker (hopefully), Other 2014 1st rounder, LeBron (also hopefully)

Basically if everything goes right according to this plan, we are the OKC Thunder of last year but with Kobe and LeBron as veteran leaders

Posted Image

#38 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,009 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001

Posted June 19, 2013 - 01:34 PM

All of you saying that youd rather have Dwight walk and for us to get nothing are irrational.

WORST case situation we should get Griffin and Bledsoe, and immediatly get a 3rd team like the Bobcats to take Griffin for their unprotected 2014 1st round pick. At least that way, we have an amazing pick, potentially have our own 1st round 2014 pick if we decide to tank, AND have Bledsoe as an amazing asset for the future.

2014:

Bledsoe, Nash, Kobe, Wiggins or Parker (hopefully), Other 2014 1st rounder, LeBron (also hopefully)

Basically if everything goes right according to this plan, we are the OKC Thunder of last year but with Kobe and LeBron as veteran leaders

Saying they are irrational is one thing, but betting on getting the number one or two pick and Lebron is just as irrational. We are the Lakers and I'll be damned if I'm gonna be praying we get the number one pick and lebron coming. Lebron is not gonna come, why are people on the board saying this over and over again? It is not gonna happen. No reason for him to come at all.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#39 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,965 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 01:40 PM

2014:

You're calling us irrational yet you want THE LAKERS to tank....

#40 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,360 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 01:44 PM

he had Marion and Bell in his system.

D'antoni doesn't care if his players can play defense or not.  Stretching the floor or being able to play pick and roll matters more to him.   He's not gonna not take a guy just because he can play defense.   You'd have a better argument saying that he wouldn't want Tony Allen.   He'd love Blake Griffin tbh.

And that is the sad part.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users