Photo

Are you willing to take Blake Griffin if D12 wants to leave or just let D12 walk?

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

Poll: Willing to get Blake Griffin if D12 walk? (57 member(s) have cast votes)

Yes. Lakers need to atleast get something if D12 wants to leave.

1. No. Blake Griffin is so over rated. I rather use D12 cap space for other things. (25 votes [43.86%])

Percentage of vote: 43.86%

2. Yes. Lakers need to atleast get something if D12 wants to leave. (26 votes [45.61%])

Percentage of vote: 45.61%

3. Not sure what I want to do yet. (6 votes [10.53%])

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,216 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 19, 2013 - 08:51 AM

Because of the Lakers stubborness of keeping MDA no matter what, there is a good chance D12 wants to leave.  With rumors going on for the past week or so, D12 wants to play with Cp3.  ANd they been talking about playing together in Los Angeles.  Obviously not for MDA (who in their right mind wants to).  So if Dwight decided he is going to leave for Htown or somewhere else should the Lakers atleast get something for him? The rumor has it that Lakers might get Blake Griffin and Eric Bledsoe or Blake and Butler for D12 with a sign in trade (and yes Lakers can do that if D12 wants to go to clippers) or would you just let D12 leave and use that cap space for D12 and get some free agency or whatever?  I really don't like to have Blake Griffin because I think he is the most over rated player in the NBA right now but getting him is better than nothing if Dwight doesn't want to be here anymore.  Sucks that it has to come down to this thanks to Jim Buss having a man crush on MDA. 

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#2 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,507 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted June 19, 2013 - 09:06 AM

I feel like Dwight isn't even a Laker or was a Laker....

#3 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,216 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 09:14 AM

Well Dwight was looking forward to becoming a Laker until MDA alienated all of his players by doing some hitler concentration camp on them and not listening to what players want in order for them to feel comfortable on the court.  Dwight said it was a nightmare that he couldn't wake up.  Dwight said MDA wouldnt listen to what he have to say. Wouldnt listen to any of his input.  Let alone forcing Nash to become a ray allen or a reggie miller, treating Pau gasol like some D league player,  telling people Kobe is just a fan and run him to the ground and ignoring all his bench players.  If I was dwight, I probably never feel like I'm part of the Lakers also. So I don't blame him.

Edited by epicwolf, June 19, 2013 - 09:16 AM.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#4 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,536 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 19, 2013 - 09:19 AM

Is this really a question???

Any person with a brain would obviously have some rather than nothing....

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#5 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,216 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 09:22 AM

Yes it is really a question because I put a question mark at the end. 

#6 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,216 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 09:24 AM

Blake Griffin is really upset right now that the rumors are out there with Clippers wanting to trade him to the Lakers for Dwight.  I don't blame him for being mad. Mike D Antoni is a superstar killer.  If you want your skills to be deminished then come play for MDA.  Blake is not MDA's type of player anyway.  I seriously believe that MDA wants the Lakers to just let Dwight leave and use that money to get him some 3 point shooters who can't play a lig of defense. That is his dream roster. 

#7 GenkiSushi

GenkiSushi

Rookie

• 778 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 09:42 AM

If that happens, let him walk. Don't help the "other" team be a serious west contender. Or get a deal from eastern teams.

#8 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 19, 2013 - 10:11 AM

Nope. You're never winning a title with Griffin as your first option, and why would we ever want to help out the Clippers in landing a superstar player? If we can't keep him, the let him walk, tank, and rebuild. Better to be horrible for a few years then rise up again than to remain mediocre for a decade.

#9 KobeBeef24

KobeBeef24

O' Canada!

• 1,254 posts
  • Fan Since:2007
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, MWP, Swaggy P, LO, Pau

Posted June 19, 2013 - 10:14 AM

I don't want Blake Griffin's stupid face plastered in purple and gold. 

#10 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,288 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 19, 2013 - 10:15 AM

I've said it before. If it comes down to Dwight walking or a sign and trade for Griffin, Bledsoe, and other pieces, then you take that sign and trade and you flip Griffin to a 3rd team. Griffin will get you some good young pieces and picks on the market.

#11 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,557 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted June 19, 2013 - 10:17 AM

Obviously willing to trade for Blake Griffin, but Eric Bledsoe needs to be included. If Bledsoe isn't included i think i might call Dwight's bluff and dare him to go to Houston w/o CP3 - i dont think he's leaving LA. 

In 2014 we wont find better talent than Griffin, other than LBJ, and even though i agree that we cant win a championship with Griffin as our first option, i do think we can find a first option to put beside him, like Lebron or Paul George. 

#12 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,528 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted June 19, 2013 - 10:22 AM

No...would rather have nothing

#13 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,216 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 10:23 AM

This voting is a lot closer than I thought.

#14 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,419 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 10:28 AM

Here's what I put in the D12 thread a couple days ago:

Over the last 24 hours, I've actually warmed up to a Griffin/Bledsoe TYPE deal, not just them two though.  While I still have concerns, this is my thinking - 

IF Dwight Howard does not want to be a Laker, I don't want him here. Simple as that.  I've stated that many times during this entire drama even before the Lakers acquired him.

If he wants to go to a franchise like the Clippers, so be it. While a potential lineup of Howard/Garnett/Pierce/CP3 will more than likely win a title in the next two seasons, we do need to look at the future of the Lakers. 

If D'Antoni is going forward as the coach, Griffin & Bledsoe are two players that fit in to his system and make our team younger and more athletic.  While I'm not sold on Griffin as a player, his contract helps the Lakers financial situation since he would be under contract for four seasons and would make less than Dwight would if he were to re-sign for the max, leaving us more flexibility in 2014. 

IF a deal were to take place, it has to be Griffin/Bledsoe/Crawford/1st rounder for Dwight.  Nothing less than that.  I think if the Clippers/Celtics deal goes through, the Clippers could be inclined to offer something like that.  I just don't think Griffin/Bledsoe is enough IMO. 

The last part with Crawford included was based on the Clippers completing the trade with the Celtics and receiving Lee or Terry in the deal. 

I think if it comes down to it, Griffin/Bledsoe/Draft picks is a good option IF Dwight tells the Lakers FO that he will 100% not re-sign with the team. 

#15 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts
  • Name:Shamim

Posted June 19, 2013 - 10:41 AM

I just don't think that Blake Griffin has the pull to land us a marquee free agent in the future. You get that with superstars like Dwight and CP3, guys that change the complexion of a game, but Griffin can't do that. He's a good All-Star caliber PF, but you can't have him as the best part of your team. We'd basically be handing the Clippers a duo of CP3/Dwight with which to contend for like the next 7 years, effectively snuffing out any championship aspirations unless by some miracle we sign LeBron in 2014. With Griffin, we wouldn't be bad enough to tank to a high draft pick, and if we don't sign some superstar free agent to be the face of the franchise, then we're stuck being mediocre for a long time.

I just don't believe in Griffin being able to attract major free agents to play with him. He doesn't have that sort of appeal in my opinion.

#16 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,557 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted June 19, 2013 - 10:54 AM

I just don't think that Blake Griffin has the pull to land us a marquee free agent in the future. You get that with superstars like Dwight and CP3, guys that change the complexion of a game, but Griffin can't do that. He's a good All-Star caliber PF, but you can't have him as the best part of your team. We'd basically be handing the Clippers a duo of CP3/Dwight with which to contend for like the next 7 years, effectively snuffing out any championship aspirations unless by some miracle we sign LeBron in 2014. With Griffin, we wouldn't be bad enough to tank to a high draft pick, and if we don't sign some superstar free agent to be the face of the franchise, then we're stuck being mediocre for a long time.

I just don't believe in Griffin being able to attract major free agents to play with him. He doesn't have that sort of appeal in my opinion.

Nonsense. He was selected for the all-nba 2nd team for the second time in a row and over the first 3 season he's averaging 20-10-3.6 while shooting .529FG% and a PER of close to 23. He is also among the most gifted athletes in the league and he is only 24. 

If you had Bledsoe and Griffin and 30-35 million in cap-space, you're gonna attact some FAs. Perhaps not Lebron but we really can't build the future of the Lakers on the hope that LBJ will sign here.

#17 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 920 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 10:57 AM

most of you exagerate

Yes, Blake Griffin is grossly overrated, however he is still a good piece to have going forward, whether it be to keep him, or trade him away.

#18 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,419 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 10:57 AM

And I agree with him not attracting another player, but this is what concerns me about our situation. 

Everyone is so excited about 2014, but the fact is that when you look at the free agent class, it's very weak IMO.  Outside of LeBron James, there's not a franchise changing player. 

Most of the guys that we would love to get, like a Paul George, are most likely going to be extended before they hit the market OR their respective teams will match contracts. 

If Dwight walks, we are screwed.  Simple as that.  I don't believe for one second that we are getting LeBron James and I don't think we make a big splash in 2014 that brings us back near the top. 

I'm not saying that we should undoubtedly pull the trigger if that offer is made, but it's something that still should be considered.  And like I said, it could very well be considered because of who our coach is unfortunately.  

#19 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted June 19, 2013 - 11:01 AM

I really don't care what happens until Mike D'Antoni gets fired

Pau Gasol is GONE

#20 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,807 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted June 19, 2013 - 11:04 AM

No. I don't want Blake Griffin. If Dwight is traded I want Kevin Love and pieces.

Edited by Busty Bluth, June 19, 2013 - 11:06 AM.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)