52 replies to this topic

#1 I still miss OTR

I still miss OTR

Rookie

• 140 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Devean George

Posted June 17, 2013 - 08:56 AM

TYsMDF7.png

I'm still mad the Lakers lost to the C's in the Finals a few yrs ago!

ofznnl.png

facebook.com/BenchOnAQuest

#2 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 17, 2013 - 11:25 AM

I'm watching as Nigeria is destroying Tahiti :D

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#3 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,153 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted June 17, 2013 - 11:37 AM

Man, Mexico disappointed me yesterday. 

EyMlHkX.jpg

• 40,396 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 11:41 AM

Thank you for making this thread. It's incredibly shocking to see there's actually other people on this forum who like soccer. Haven't seen any of you guys comment or post in anything soccer-related that I've posted I think ever.

Anyway, yeah Mexico is a huge disappointment, mainly because they have so many great young players, but hardly any on the main team. All those world championships they've won in recent years as well as the olympics defeating Brazil's basically A-squad and still, their main national team doesn't quite live up to par. So much promise, but not much to show for where it matters most.

Spain was awesome yesterday. They're always fun to watch. Love their style & they're just so dominant. Undefeated in their last 22 matches.

and then there's this guy:

1371323128993.gif

The new FC Barcelona man. Hello Messi.

yo.

#5 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,512 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 08:32 PM

^ i usually keep my soccer discussion on an inter milan forum, lakernation is mainly for disccusing nba/lakers and tv shows for me lol

but ill try to entertain these threads here more as well

im a long time brazil fan and it was finally nice to see this current squad playing with the attacking flow i've been waiting for, 2014 isn't all that long away and this team to me is no where near ready to even reach the semi's let alone win at home. (italy and spain are looking very strong to me right now)

im seeing positive things, but that midfield is just..i can't understand why coutinho isn't on this damn squad, at least oscar is there, but i really wish coutinho was on..hopefully he makes the WC squad next year, i would be very dissapointed if he didn't

i personally hate fred, he gets the flukiest goals ever and just finishes garbage around the net, rarely creates anything on his own, i would much rather have neymar and hulk up top and add lucas to the starting lineup. but almost every game i hate on fred, he shuts me up and scores lol so w.e, ill suck it up

leandro injury sucked, i wanted him to get this experience before the wc, now jo alves has been brought back from the dead, at least he scored though, who knows maybe he will be a supersub going forward.

bw1wOGf.png

#6 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

• 8,512 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 01:02 PM

another brilliant game from brazil, another brilliant performance from neymar, the energy in this game was amazing

and guess what, jo alves was the super sub again with the finishing touch to end the game

im lovin it!

im gonna miss the italy vs japan game, anyone know where i can watch full replays of games online? i really wanna watch italy

bw1wOGf.png

• 40,396 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 04:15 PM

^ Damn shame you missed that game to say the least. It was the best game of this tournament by far! I mean not even close. Tragic loss for Japan though 4-3, but man, lots of action throughout, lots of chances, lots of conversions. Simply awesome.

Not surprised by the Brazil result although believe it or not, Mexico's actually beat them like 9 out of the last 13 meetings or so including beating basically Brazil's A-squad at the olympics for the championship with Mexico's like B squad.

Anyway though, Neymar was obviously the difference. Not just his goal and then assist, but throughout the game, he created tons of deadly opportunities for Brazil and just overall had the greatest impact.

Still really not sure if anyone's gonna' stop Spain though. They are dominating everything right now. Have been for some time and the scary thing is, so has their youth teams. They are an absolute legitimate powerhouse and should be feared rightfully so.

yo.

#8 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

• 8,512 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 06:47 PM

i just saw the highlights for japan vs italy...oh man what a game, can't believe i missed it!

bw1wOGf.png

#9 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 20, 2013 - 11:40 AM

I understand Tahiti is severely overmatched, but how stupid can you be as a coach to play a high line versus Spain? 

#10 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

• 8,512 posts

Posted June 20, 2013 - 11:53 AM

spain is enjoying themselves, any team would when you completely outclass your oppononent in a competition like confederations cup and can coast to big victories while stat-padding your international statistics lol

tahiti is lucky to be down only 4 at half, spain wasn't too sharp on some plays, could've easily been 2-3 more goals

second half i'm sure everyone will try to get on the score sheet as tahiti gets tired chasing the ball around and the game opens up even more

bw1wOGf.png

• 40,396 posts

Posted June 20, 2013 - 04:23 PM

10-0 and the sad thing is it was painfully obvious Spain sorta let up on several instances as well. Could've been much worse. I'd say at least 14 or 15 to 0 had they not, at least.

It was both kinda funny & sad though seeing the goalie's reaction goal after goal after goal each time.

Another thing though, for the majority of the game, even from the start to some degree, they were playing like their B squad and in some cases C. They're so good though that even their B squad could be another top country's A squad, no joke. Players like Villa, Silva, & Torres just to name a few, they have a lot of the time just waiting on the bench.

yo.

#12 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

• 8,512 posts

Posted June 22, 2013 - 12:18 PM

neymar!!!!!!

bw1wOGf.png

• 40,396 posts

Posted June 22, 2013 - 09:17 PM

^ Barcelona must be literally jizzing in their pants right now. With each passing game, more & more. They probably need a break from being so sore at this point, but Neymar refuses to let them rest.

A shame Pirlo had to miss the game though. He's such an important piece to their team obviously being one of their very best players. You could just tell his lack of presence was dearly felt, but still tremendous credit to Brazil. They did what they were supposed to do and put on a show for their fans once again.

Buffon had a lot of bad moments, not just because he was scored on 4 times, but it was the way in which he was scored on and how poorly he handled stopping some of those balls with his hands.

Mexico finally came through although obviously they were already eliminated, but it was about time they showed some semblance of life. Chicharito came alive again well & almost scored a hat-trick if not for the shamefully missed penalty there near the end.

yo.

#14 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

• 8,512 posts

Posted June 22, 2013 - 09:42 PM

italy would've definitely been much better with pirlo and de rossi as well

bw1wOGf.png

• 40,396 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 04:43 PM

Spain Soccer Players get Robbed by Brazilian Women After Game of Strip Poker at Confed Cup

Spain-team.jpg

Those Brazilian Women, fine but dangerous.

On another note, looking forward to the semi-finals. Brazil Uruguay this Wednesday and Spain Italy this Thursday. Should be some tremendous matches. Brazil wants their revenge I'm sure still on Uruguay as does Italy on Spain.

Damn, less exciting game now. Super Mario Balotelli sent home with injury:

http://sports.yahoo....-214102109.html

Edited by    , June 24, 2013 - 07:02 PM.

yo.

#16 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

• 8,512 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 08:44 PM

ye balotelli injury is dissapointment for me, i LOVE his game

bw1wOGf.png

• 40,396 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 09:17 PM

^ Who doesn't? One of the best strikers in the sport and his antics surely make him stand out as well. Makes for great entertainment like it or not.

yo.

#18 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

• 8,512 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 09:27 PM

ye, he's like soccer's charles barkley in some sense to me

no filter, a great guy, but just very misunderstood and gets unfairly cirticised for many of his actions

i'm still mad that he left my inter, but he was always a die hard milan fan so i don't blame him for following his heart

bw1wOGf.png

#19 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,153 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 11:34 PM

I got Brasil and Espania in the final and of course Italia, Uruguay for 3rd.

EyMlHkX.jpg

#20 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,153 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 11:18 AM

JULIO CESAR !!!!!!!!!

EyMlHkX.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users