86 replies to this topic

#21 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,224 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 25, 2013 - 12:06 PM

Well, at the end of the day though, it's really not that surprising coming from her. I've always got the sense that she seems rather full of herself in a sort of condescending way. Never gotten' the vibe of much humility there, but then again, most of the time the profession & business she's in, I hear it kinda makes most that way so it's always refreshing when you see some who stay true to their roots, although very few & rare.

I dont hate Ellen Page at all. I just dont think she have a case here to even sue.  She is one of the very few down to earth celebrities you can find out there really. I mean a girl growing up in Nova Schocia is really not the type that will go hollywood on us. But if one of her people told her that she can make some money off something Im sure she wouldn't think twice so I dont blame her for being so called "upset". 

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

• 40,431 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 12:19 PM

She is one of the very few down to earth celebrities you can find out there really.

I think she's got a great personality if you're cool with her, but I think she can easily be a female dog too and have a real stuck-up side. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's just the vibe I get.

yo.

#23 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,224 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 12:43 PM

I'd bang her.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

• 40,431 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 12:45 PM

^ Oh most definitely. You ever seen the movie "Super" with Dwight Schrute from "The Office"? She's got a pretty nice scene in there.

yo.

#25 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,224 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted June 25, 2013 - 04:14 PM

I want this damn game so bad.

EyMlHkX.jpg

#26 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,224 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 04:18 PM

Actress Ellen Page is pissed they modeled one of the main characters in the game after her without her consent:

http://www.huffingto...html?ref=topbar

beyond_two_souls-650x0.jpg

r-ELLEN-PAGE-LIKENESS-large570.jpg

I don't know about you but I think this is a stretch don;t you think? Ellie doesn't look anything like Ellen Page. You have to really try and make it out in order to see some recemblance. Here is an image of the game Beyond Two Souls using Ellen's face and Last of us.  You be the judge.

ellie-looking-concerned.png

tumblr_ma72ewXKuG1r8yh39o1_500.jpg

#27 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,834 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 26, 2013 - 02:43 AM

Is this game any good?

Gameplay looks lame...

too many cutscenes... too linear...

Doesn't feel like Zombie Apocolapse ....

graphics are top notch... but does the game go further then that?

looks very nice... graphic wise...

But does it have the zombie intensity of Dayz or State of Decay?

• 40,431 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 02:29 PM

Is this game any good?

If you value ratings & scores at all then I suppose it's close to perfect.

yo.

#29 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,834 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 03:03 PM

The reviews are what made me take a look at this game, but it seems to be a story-driven, linear game like The Walking Dead (360)

Watched several videos online, and gameplay looks like crap...

Its like a movie, they put you in a scene, and you must complete the scene to move on... Boring... make a mistake, no worry, try again!!! die 100 times, no penalty!!! That's not really how I suspect the zombie apocloapyse to be...

State of Decay and DayZ are Zombie games...

there is no manufactured intenseness... no trying again, no leeway...

Take state of Decay, when you die, you die... that character is gone forever... no reloading, no trying again, no replays, just death... This makes every time you go out, a life or death tense moment... no such thing as a safe mission, or something easy... a simple supply run for food, can turn into a life or death situation if a horde happens to walk by, and you make a small noise while searching... Supplies are finite... there are a set number of cars, guns, food, ammo, everything! Except Zombies, you keep coming back... the world gets more and more dangerous... most games its gets easier as you advance, in this, its worse... ammo, food, medicine, everything is limited, and everything is harder and harder to find... soon, there are no more houses near by, supply runs get too dangerous... you need to move your base... A little bump in the road, can end your characters life... this is a zombie survival management game...

Then, there is DayZ... huge 250km open world... with 1 rule... survive... State of Decay is a single player game, DayZ is multiplayer... and you will hate them... Other players add a new dynamic... of course, you need, food, water, and other survivial materials, but, then there is other people to worry about... Will you be friendly? Will they? Anytime you see another survivor, it turns into a life-or-death choice... Do you just shoot them on site, and not take the chance? do you help them? do you even let them know you see them? This game gives you the goods, but you can lose them so easy... Have a badass 50 cal sniper, driving down the road in a SUV, feeling like a king... then, one second later you get hit with a sniper shot... game over... death... permemnet death...

Zombie Games are about tenseness and surviving...

The Last of Us fails in both of these catagories... manufactured situations, and linear gamealay...

its a very good looking game... but that's it...

DayZ and State of Decay have changed the Zombie Genre...

non-linear gameplay, and perma-death are musts now...

Neither game is perfect, but, the gameplay experience makes up for the outdated graphics, and glitches...

And ill take great gameplay over great graphics 10/10 times....

That's why minecraft has changed the gaming world... people want gameplay, not just graphics...

For example, LA Noire, looked great, got good reviews, game was unplayable because it bored you to death...

Minecraft, looks like a SNES game, game of the year 3 years in a row...

#30 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,878 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 26, 2013 - 06:51 PM

The reviews are what made me take a look at this game, but it seems to be a story-driven, linear game like The Walking Dead (360)

Watched several videos online, and gameplay looks like crap...

Its like a movie, they put you in a scene, and you must complete the scene to move on... Boring... make a mistake, no worry, try again!!! die 100 times, no penalty!!! That's not really how I suspect the zombie apocloapyse to be...

State of Decay and DayZ are Zombie games...

there is no manufactured intenseness... no trying again, no leeway...

Take state of Decay, when you die, you die... that character is gone forever... no reloading, no trying again, no replays, just death... This makes every time you go out, a life or death tense moment... no such thing as a safe mission, or something easy... a simple supply run for food, can turn into a life or death situation if a horde happens to walk by, and you make a small noise while searching... Supplies are finite... there are a set number of cars, guns, food, ammo, everything! Except Zombies, you keep coming back... the world gets more and more dangerous... most games its gets easier as you advance, in this, its worse... ammo, food, medicine, everything is limited, and everything is harder and harder to find... soon, there are no more houses near by, supply runs get too dangerous... you need to move your base... A little bump in the road, can end your characters life... this is a zombie survival management game...

Then, there is DayZ... huge 250km open world... with 1 rule... survive... State of Decay is a single player game, DayZ is multiplayer... and you will hate them... Other players add a new dynamic... of course, you need, food, water, and other survivial materials, but, then there is other people to worry about... Will you be friendly? Will they? Anytime you see another survivor, it turns into a life-or-death choice... Do you just shoot them on site, and not take the chance? do you help them? do you even let them know you see them? This game gives you the goods, but you can lose them so easy... Have a badass 50 cal sniper, driving down the road in a SUV, feeling like a king... then, one second later you get hit with a sniper shot... game over... death... permemnet death...

Zombie Games are about tenseness and surviving...

The Last of Us fails in both of these catagories... manufactured situations, and linear gamealay...

its a very good looking game... but that's it...

DayZ and State of Decay have changed the Zombie Genre...

non-linear gameplay, and perma-death are musts now...

Neither game is perfect, but, the gameplay experience makes up for the outdated graphics, and glitches...

And ill take great gameplay over great graphics 10/10 times....

That's why minecraft has changed the gaming world... people want gameplay, not just graphics...

For example, LA Noire, looked great, got good reviews, game was unplayable because it bored you to death...

Minecraft, looks like a SNES game, game of the year 3 years in a row...

Your refering to sand box games, and thats not what naughty dog makes. You would love dead island 3 coming out on xbox I suppose, its a zombie open world game. Naughty dog makes games that are centered around the story and driven by that. The gameplay is fun to do because it unravels a story as it goes on. Its not for everyone your correct, but its a signal player experience that a lot of people enjoy.

I agree it comes down to game play, but I'm sure that some people would say this gameplay is fun and exciting because of the story wrapped around it. You on the other hand prefer less story and more game play driven mechanics in a game. I havent played this game but my one friend said it was one of the best games he ever played. It looks great, but it might not be your cup of tea. I found day z fun and all for about 2 hours. Games that really dont have a point like day z and minecraft are only fun when played with a friend imo. Playing those games by themselves is just plain boring to me, no goal, and no competition really. People say these games will stick around for a while because minecraft lets you do what you want and gives you a sense of achievement when you make something good. I dont want to spend hours in a video game to get a sense of achievement out of something I chose to do, if that is the case I rather actually use my time more productively and accomplish a real goal. I like to play games to get a cool story (mass effect, dragon age), or hop on multiplayer and crack some skulls (BF4 or GOW), but open world games like those that dont have a mission or even a point in my opinion, are pretty boring signal player games. They are great multiplayer games, but the signal player experience I get from them isnt even worth it.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, June 26, 2013 - 06:54 PM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#31 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,224 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 12:23 PM

People who just like to shoot em up and kill zombies should not buy this game. THis is not for them. But if people like stealth, great storyline and crafting items then it is for them.  I am not that type that like to go around and just shoot them up and kill zombies  for no reason.  I like storyline games and games that has a purpose.  Dont get me wrong, i love GTA. Love open world games where you can do whatever you like but sometimes it seems pointless after you finish the story mode. Unless killing people brings out the deepest darkest guilty pleasure of yours then sure.

I dont agree it deserves a 10 out of 10 from most gamer ratings but it is still a great game. 

#32 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,224 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 12:32 PM

I think this is might be more fun watching then actually playing.  The replay value for this game is not high. After you finish this single player mode, you probably dont want to go through it again.  No alternative ending and no rewards that you can really get.  Thats why I dont want to put this game as the best of the year since GTA 5 is coming out and I think that will be the game of year.  But still this game is really fun to play and its not "boring" .  

#33 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,878 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 12:56 PM

I think this is might be more fun watching then actually playing.  The replay value for this game is not high. After you finish this single player mode, you probably dont want to go through it again.  No alternative ending and no rewards that you can really get.  Thats why I dont want to put this game as the best of the year since GTA 5 is coming out and I think that will be the game of year.  But still this game is really fun to play and its not "boring" .  

I agree with you here. Im watching a play through on you tube and it is great to watch. Also agree with no replay value. This is a great game but to me not worth 60 bucks. I would wait until it drops to around 35 or 40 since its a one and done game, but still a great expirence.

Im not a GTA guy anymore, used to be a huge fan, but recently not interested with those type of games anymore. This or bio shock infinite should have game of the year on lock, then again a new AC is on its way to cant count that out either.

#34 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,834 posts

Posted June 28, 2013 - 05:55 PM

When I watch this on youtube, I want to stop...

I guess it seems like a really good story

Games like this are fun for 1 playthru...

Like with red dead redemption, great game, but, once you beat the game, it ruined the game, and made you to not want to play anymore...

I like games that have high replayability...

#35 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,951 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted June 28, 2013 - 06:04 PM

For me, storylines are what make games. At least, they are what MADE games before multiplayer became popular. I can appreciate a good storyline every now and then, I intend to rent it before purchasing.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#36 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,834 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 07:03 AM

For me, story lines are boring, and I don't want them in most games I play... occasionally, I guess some storyline is cool... im sure I can think of one game where I liked the story line...

For me, storylines are what make games. At least, they are what MADE games before multiplayer became popular. I can appreciate a good storyline every now and then, I intend to rent it before purchasing.

Minecraft, zero storyline... none... not a word... one of the best and most fun games of all time...

I can make my own storyline.. will I be a nomad? Wandering the world... Will I built a great castle? Explore caves? Anything you want to do storywise, its yours...

Heres a list of games where the storyline destroyed the game for me...

Metriod Prime... (one of the first games that just bored me to death... an abosulute critical success... I played 30 mins)

Zelda Wind Waker (a sailing game!! I should have loved this one)

Mass effect (I didn't last 20 mins)

Red Dead redemption

Halo (seriously... you made me play as an alien elite!, halo CE was barely playable storyline)

Half Life...

All the resident evils... (there is an MP5 sitting right there on the ground... but it wont let me pick it up)

DayZ edition where they added a BS storyline, and other nonsense stuff (cant remember the name... maybe orgins?)

Skyrim

The Knights of the Old republic could have been so much more fun if it was like Jedi Knight...

Pretty much every star wars game made in the last 15 years...

Im sure im forgetting many other games... Like Gears of War... man, that game is one huge steaming pile...

And all the tom Clancy games post-2001

A couple single player story driven games I did like though...

Bioshock was one game where the storyline didn't make me want to smash the disc... why.. simple... no real cut scenes, and told me the story thru audio tapes, while I continued doing what I was doing

Oblivion was cool too... because I could just totally ignore the main storyline (never did a mission.. no oblivion gates ever opened)

Not really related... but just remembered this classic game...

Cubivore... Classic game... evolution driven gameplay.. totally unique... still hasn't been a game like this 15 years after...

For me, games are about limitless options...

#37 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,878 posts

Posted June 29, 2013 - 09:13 AM

One thing I dont like for the game is the skipping of time and from one area to another.

Spoiler for those that havent played.

Like when they were going to the capitol building it looks like its a mile away then there is a cute scene of you walking across a roof and then bam your in front of it, this wasnt too bad, guess they just wanted to speed it up a little bit. However, when it skips from Pittsburgh to an area close to Wyoming without even showing how they got there is a little bit lazy on the developer part. They could of just put a short little clip of theme going across the country and could show them in the different big citys across the country as they venture across the land. Guess my only gripe its small, but still something that is over looked.

Also where are the zombie kids? All the groups you run into are just men hunters, not one woman which is strange as well. So I guess killing women and kids is a no no in a game?

Edited by PhillyLaker24, June 29, 2013 - 09:16 AM.

#38 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,878 posts

Posted June 30, 2013 - 12:23 PM

Finished it. Thought the ending was pretty cool and I'm sure a bunch of people have a bunch of different thoughts on it. Some might of hated it though, could go either way.

#39 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,834 posts

Posted June 30, 2013 - 05:41 PM

Also where are the zombie kids? All the groups you run into are just men hunters, not one woman which is strange as well. So I guess killing women and kids is a no no in a game?

Minecraft is the only game depraved enough to have Zombie Children...

Will you be replaying the game?

#40 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,878 posts

Posted June 30, 2013 - 10:12 PM

Minecraft is the only game depraved enough to have Zombie Children...

Will you be replaying the game?

Naa, well I watched half of it, and then finished the other half over my friends dorm so I dont have the game, but even if I did there is no replay value. The only difference play through you can have is one where you try to be all stealthy and then another play through where you just go guns blazing, but that second one is a smart idea in most situations.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users