86 replies to this topic

#1 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,603 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 16, 2013 - 08:44 PM

very well reviewed game (10/10 on IGN) from naughty dog (uncharted series)

thinking of picking this up tomorrow

Posted Image

#2 Lemon

Lemon

Rookie

• 361 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted June 16, 2013 - 08:46 PM

I only got a chance to play the first 10 mins. Pretty crazy.

#3 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,808 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 16, 2013 - 08:56 PM

My friend said it is a great game, and I believe him. Made by the same people that made uncharted, it looks beautiful and Im sure it is a gem.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

• 40,395 posts

Posted June 16, 2013 - 09:13 PM

Nice to see it's rated mature. Has a 4.8 out of 5 on Amazon.

yo.

#5 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 16, 2013 - 11:15 PM

The game's intro will get you pretty damn emotional from the start.

#6 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,878 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted June 17, 2013 - 12:10 AM

The game's intro will get you pretty damn emotional from the start.

That was pretty heavy. I'm definitely going to pick this up

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#7 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,603 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 12:09 PM

ended up getting it on Monday, been playing a bit over the last few days, enjoying it far, can't wait till it picks up

Posted Image

#8 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,090 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted June 18, 2013 - 12:15 PM

watching a walkthrough series on it now 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#9 Danny

Danny

Rookie

• 394 posts
  • Name:Danny
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted June 18, 2013 - 02:53 PM

ended up getting it on Monday, been playing a bit over the last few days, enjoying it far, can't wait till it picks up

Imma go pick it up right now.

#10 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,130 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 24, 2013 - 12:48 PM

It is a pretty good game. The story lines is the strengh of this game. You tend to care for the charactors in this game. I just finish the game. If you actually know how to play this game correctly instead of just going around just shooting zombies and soilders then you will appreciate the game more. It all has to do with stealth killing, tactics and crafting. Take your time at one location and search for items please. Don't rush into passing a point in this game because you will miss a lot.  I've see a lot of stupid people playing this game all wrong thinking its a Resident Evil game and cry about lack of bullets and weapon choices.  This game is not for immature people who just want to shoot them up.

Edited by epicwolf, June 24, 2013 - 12:49 PM.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

• 40,395 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 02:13 PM

This game is not for immature people who just want to shoot them up.

Why does that have to be 100% considered immature? What, you can't just wanna' have a little non-serious fun from time to time? Is that such a crime?

yo.

#12 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,603 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 05:13 PM

bout 40% of the way through it (barely time to play) 

definitely an awesome game

Posted Image

• 40,395 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 06:46 PM

Actress Ellen Page is pissed they modeled one of the main characters in the game after her without her consent:

http://www.huffingto...html?ref=topbar

beyond_two_souls-650x0.jpg

r-ELLEN-PAGE-LIKENESS-large570.jpg

Edited by    , June 24, 2013 - 07:07 PM.

yo.

#14 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,808 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 24, 2013 - 07:50 PM

Actress Ellen Page is pissed they modeled one of the main characters in the game after her without her consent:

http://www.huffingto...html?ref=topbar

beyond_two_souls-650x0.jpg

r-ELLEN-PAGE-LIKENESS-large570.jpg

Wow, why is she complaining she should feel complimented. Just mad she didnt get a check probably, other than that she should feel flattered.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#15 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,130 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 09:52 AM

What is Ellen Page crying about? She already is going to be in a video game coming up called " Beyong Two Souls".   Yes at times Ellie do kind of look like Page but other times she doesn't.  I dont think she have an arguement here.

Edited by epicwolf, June 25, 2013 - 11:58 AM.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#16 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,130 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 09:57 AM

Why does that have to be 100% considered immature? What, you can't just wanna' have a little non-serious fun from time to time? Is that such a crime?

No its not a crime. You can play the game anyway you want. But there are gamers who said this game sucks and its boring because they can't go around shooting zombies or people up like most other zombie games. Lack of bullets, lack of weopons etc. I think those people are more into the multi player mode than the single story mode. The game is rich with stories. If one would allow themselves to go around and search every drawers, every room and read every notes from people who left it there, the game would be much more rewarding. Crafting items is this games core value. It is not the guns. In fact, a friend of mind played through it trying to not use a single bullet. He said its more rewarding that way. But like I said, you can play anyway you want. Just don't bash it because you don't know how to play it correctly.  

• 40,395 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 11:39 AM

^ That's fair, but isn't there always cheats for that sort of thing anyway? Like infinite ammo, infinite weapons, infinite health, etc?

What is Ellen Page crying about?

She probably just wanted to get paid more than anything if she had known they were modeling a character so similarly after her.

yo.

#18 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,130 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 11:57 AM

I just don't think Ellie looks like Ellen Page that much. Sure there might be similar but if you look at the charactor from the video game Beyong Two Souls which is solely based on her image and she get paid handsomely for being in that video game and Ellie, its not even that close.  I just don't see it.

• 40,395 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 12:01 PM

Well, at the end of the day though, it's really not that surprising coming from her. I've always got the sense that she seems rather full of herself in a sort of condescending way. Never gotten' the vibe of much humility there, but then again, most of the time the profession & business she's in, I hear it kinda makes most that way so it's always refreshing when you see some who stay true to their roots, although very few & rare.

yo.

#20 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,130 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 12:03 PM

^ That's fair, but isn't there always cheats for that sort of thing anyway? Like infinite ammo, infinite weapons, infinite health, etc?

But thats my point.  You will not going to enjoy the game that much if you use cheat code to make the game easier.  The object and soul purpose of this game is all about surviving. They want to put you into the charactor's situation. Imagine if you are trying to move across the country where everything and everyone is practicly eaither dead or become zombies. How would you survive with lack of weaopons and health and food. You don't get awards or trophies on how many zombies or guards you kill in this game. It is about surviving during the apocolypse not Modern Warfare.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users