24 replies to this topic

#21 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,477 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 16, 2013 - 04:01 PM

They would probably only consider one real asset with him.  I'd take Ross over Lowry.  Lowry will be looking for a new contract soon and Ross is a swingman with good potential.  Could also play in place of Kobe and spell him so he doenst have to play 38 MPG.

Throw in Kyle Lowry, and i'd consider it. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#22 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,342 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted June 16, 2013 - 08:05 PM

They would probably only consider one real asset with him.  I'd take Ross over Lowry.  Lowry will be looking for a new contract soon and Ross is a swingman with good potential.  Could also play in place of Kobe and spell him so he doenst have to play 38 MPG.

I'm really not sure it's worth it. Bargnani takes up cap-space for a long time and he cant defend. At all. 

#23 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,477 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted June 16, 2013 - 08:33 PM

At this point I dont see what Pau brings at the 4 defensively that is a plus over Bargnani.  At least Bargnani stretches the floor and is a pretty decent all around scorer.  There is a lot to hate about him but a lot to like as well.  Honestly I think the guy just needs a change of scenery like none other.  Next to Dwight and Kobe there is little pressure to live up to the fact that he was the #1 pick...

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#24 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,342 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted June 17, 2013 - 04:47 AM

At this point I dont see what Pau brings at the 4 defensively that is a plus over Bargnani.  At least Bargnani stretches the floor and is a pretty decent all around scorer.  There is a lot to hate about him but a lot to like as well.  Honestly I think the guy just needs a change of scenery like none other.  Next to Dwight and Kobe there is little pressure to live up to the fact that he was the #1 pick...

IMO Pau is just a better defender overall at both positions. He rebounds better and he can block shots. Bargs does fit the MDA-system better, though, and with Dwight at the 5, i think the defensive limitations of Bargs is limited.

HOWEVER, Bargnani is signed on a long term deal and we would limit our options next summer, which IMO is a bad idea.

#25 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,004 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 22, 2013 - 09:14 PM

Ive seen a lotmore bargnani this year. His defense is HORRID

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users